2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
very curious if a 3rd qb starts to rise up the charts

at this time last year, Anthony Ricardson wasn't viewed as a top 10 guy
Heard Albert Breer on the radio this morning saying Williams is #1 for sure. Thinks Maye #2 but don't be surprised if Jayden Daniels goes before him as the 2nd QB off the board. Said he's been hearing alot of buzz on Daniels since about mid October.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not all power 5 conferences are equal. If this was true the PAC 12 wouldn't have fallen apart.

Even with one loss, Alabama beat more quality opponents. Alabama's third best win matches FSUs best win. Record alone isn't enough.
Great argument to make if Alabama were undefeated. A pointless argument in situ.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Heard Albert Breer on the radio this morning saying Williams is #1 for sure. Thinks Maye #2 but don't be surprised if Jayden Daniels goes before him as the 2nd QB off the board. Said he's been hearing alot of buzz on Daniels since about mid October.
Much this depends on the style of offense a team wants to play. If you‘re running a pocket passer style of offense you want Maye. If you want a highly mobile QB, Daniels is a better fit.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very curious if a 3rd qb starts to rise up the charts

at this time last year, Anthony Ricardson wasn't viewed as a top 10 guy
That is a slam dunk, IMO.

As I said earlier in this thread, Daniels is farther ahead in playing QB, and played WAY better than Richardson. I know the measurables are probably different, but somebody is going to think Daniels can be the guy. Nix and Penix Jr could also move up, because of a run on QBs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s a bad choice if one is lacking money.
I guess. Marvin Harrison "only" earned $67 million in his career. How much of that has he misspent or used to settle fishy manslaughter questions? Who knows!

But it's not necessarily true that MHJ has generational money like he'd receive on a second NFL contract if he works out.

(Harrison earned 1/3 of what Fitz did in his career. Wild.)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The NFL sell seems fairly easy to me. NIL could compete with first year earnings, but not career $. Look at all the college players skipping bowl games due to injury concerns. In recent years we seen players loose huge money due to injury. Look at Jordan Travis. His career is likely over. Mckinzie Milton lost his NFL opportunity the same way. I don’t think an NIL is paying $40+ million, which his first contract might be (at least $30+) with millions more to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn