2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
With how this draft is looking, I would throw FA money at the defense.
There will be defensive quality in this draft. Even drafts supposedly weak at certain position groups will have stars come out of those position groups. I think we should keep building like this last draft. You need veterans for leadership, and guys like Kylie White are good value.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of that means anything in football terms. The team that earned it got left out. IDGAF about ratings and betting. If that mattered, the Cards would've never made the playoffs the year they went to the SB.
I agree with you. Reality sucks. Life sucks. I am not a big fan of the human species. I just understand why it happened. Even if it is wrong.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
One more win with our SOS and we jump like 4-5 spots though.
Yeah, at this point we can not win another game. I don't want to see this bad of a season go to waste over a meaningless win. I think 7th pick is the worse we can do with only winning 1 more game. There's 5 teams with 4 wins.

Jets and Commanders play each other so that gets rid of one of the 4 win teams. Jets also play the Pats which is probably a win but it would be amazing to see the Pats pull it out.

Giants probably lose out. Saints, Rams, and 2x Eagles. Only hope there is the Eagles resting everyone in the last game of the year if they have their seeding locked. There could be a similar hope with the Commanders finishing with the Cowboys.

The main thing we can't do is win against Chicago. That's a double whammy. Let them have their 5th win.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, at this point we can not win another game. I don't want to see this bad of a season go to waste over a meaningless win. I think 7th pick is the worse we can do with only winning 1 more game. There's 5 teams with 4 wins.

Jets and Commanders play each other so that gets rid of one of the 4 win teams. Jets also play the Pats which is probably a win but it would be amazing to see the Pats pull it out.

Giants probably lose out. Saints, Rams, and 2x Eagles. Only hope there is the Eagles resting everyone in the last game of the year if they have their seeding locked. There could be a similar hope with the Commanders finishing with the Cowboys.

The main thing we can't do is win against Chicago. That's a double whammy. Let them have their 5th win.
Eff it. Run the table. That sort of vibe to end the year is worth moving down 10 spots.

(Don't worry, it is not going to happen!)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Getting higher talent in the draft is tempered by the team as it is now learning how to win.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There will be defensive quality in this draft. Even drafts supposedly weak at certain position groups will have stars come out of those position groups. I think we should keep building like this last draft. You need veterans for leadership, and guys like Kylie White are good value.
I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with putting 2nd round or later drafted rookies into the starting lineup to fill holes right away. With how the draft is looking to shake out, a top 5 pick should be a WR or OT. Those positions also look to have BPA value in the 20s.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Eff it. Run the table. That sort of vibe to end the year is worth moving down 10 spots.

(Don't worry, it is not going to happen!)
I'll just put this out there...Cards aren't eliminated from playoffs yet...lol In fact Carolina just got eliminated today with their 11th loss.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I want high picks. I want all losses, but right and competitive.

I want WR and OL in round 1. Would have loved MHJ, but I'm happy with Nabers and the FSU guy. And it wouldn't feel like settling in any way as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
None of that means anything in football terms. The team that earned it got left out. IDGAF about ratings and betting. If that mattered, the Cards would've never made the playoffs the year they went to the SB.
Honestly though, I don't think anyone believes that Florida State would be undefeated if they played Alabama's schedule. I'd argue they probably have two or more losses if they did.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
General post saturday prospect who caught my attention:

the two Texas DLs -- Sweat and Murphy look pretty solid

the 'Bama RT -- JC Latham looked good. A mid to late first guy maybe

still like Blake Corum at RB. Vision and can run with power for a 5-9 guy. Given he is only one season removed from an ACL, probably more explosive next year.

Bowers, GA TE was clearly not 100% -- the hands are still good tho. The Cards have too many holes to burn a 1st on him.
I like sweat and corum too

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Considering we signed no one long-term in FA and only one to a 2-year deal, I very much hope we don't approach FA the same way. We'd be daft to do so.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The 4 best teams made the CFP. It's just a tough break for Florida St. It's like the Cards in 2014 when they went from Palmer to Stanton to starting Ryan Lindley in the playoffs. They weren't nearly the same team and it showed. Lindley passed for 82 yards.

If FSU QB was healthy, they're in. Without him, they're not a top 4 team, probably not top 10.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No
I posted this in the other games thread...and I think it's feasible, especially if the Texans pick drops to the 25-30 range.

You wanna know what's gonna happen? Texans pick will be mid 20s and some team is gonna offer a 2025 1st, 2024 2nd and more to move up and get another guy they had targeted.

Take a look at the past few drafts and show me where teams are giving up a future #1 to move into the last 10 spots in the draft. I looked for it, and teams are generally getting, like, a fourth to shift around in the back half of the first round.

You're definitely not getting a future first and a second for the 25th pick in the draft.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The 4 best teams made the CFP. It's just a tough break for Florida St. It's like the Cards in 2014 when they went from Palmer to Stanton to starting Ryan Lindley in the playoffs. They weren't nearly the same team and it showed. Lindley passed for 82 yards.

If FSU QB was healthy, they're in. Without him, they're not a top 4 team, probably not top 10.
It's not supposed to be a beauty pageant, otherwise stop telling these kids to just win. Winning isn't important, is the message.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If the Cards left the first round with MHJ and Jared Verse -- i would consider that a home run

regardless of how you feel about Verse, getting him that late to go along with MHJ would be nice.