2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If he drops maybe we gamble on him in 2nd?
I think he would be worth a 2nd right now. I would not take him in the first. I hate to do it, but he really reminds me of when drew Brees came out of college. Brees opened the door for smaller guys to get drafted higher, but I think Ewers has a lot of those qualities that Brees has. that release is deadly.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Based on this game, Coleman seems not in the same level as MHJ, Odunze and Nabers.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
today was the first time I saw him play. not really a good one to judge him though.
i dont really want him... just like the parallels... we once drafted Jake Plummer in the second.... so why not Jack Plummer?

watching those all whites, Plummer scrambling around with that Cardinal on his head... against a burgandy team with an Indian chief on the helmet...I was getting flashbacks of the NFC East days.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
i dont really want him... just like the parallels... we once drafted Jake Plummer in the second.... so why not Jack Plummer?

watching those all whites, Plummer scrambling around with that Cardinal on his head... against a burgandy team with an Indian chief on the helmet...I was getting flashbacks of the NFC East days.
yeah I remember those days. I do think he looks like he has some talent. I question what he has around him though. it was rare to see someone getting open against that FSU defense.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Based on Iowas offense this season, most of their players on that side of the ball are out of place on a football field
Would love to see Iowa and florida state in a bowl game with florida state’s third string QB. It might be a 0-0 tie. Edit: florida state would score on defense and win that game.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting prospect for later in the draft.

Braden Fisk DT - FSU (6-5/300)
Had a heck of a night last night vs Louisville.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dude looked like a very high motor/relentless defender. Not sure what was up the rest of the season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I hope Ewers and Texas get in win it all with him playing great. That would move another QB to the top of the draft board. Let's not act like Ewers has come out of nowhere. He was the #1 ranked player coming out of high school and was given a rating score of a perfect 100. I just wish he'd had stayed at OSU.

If, and it's a big if, the Cards are going to move on from Murray, this would be a good year to do it. I think there are about 5-7 1st round QBs in the draft that look like they can play in the NFL.
Williams, Maye, Ewers, Daniels, Penix, McCarthy, Sanders, Nix, and I like the Pratt kid from Tulane even though he's a meh year.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
General post saturday prospect who caught my attention:

the two Texas DLs -- Sweat and Murphy look pretty solid

the 'Bama RT -- JC Latham looked good. A mid to late first guy maybe

still like Blake Corum at RB. Vision and can run with power for a 5-9 guy. Given he is only one season removed from an ACL, probably more explosive next year.

Bowers, GA TE was clearly not 100% -- the hands are still good tho. The Cards have too many holes to burn a 1st on him.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If, and it's a big if, the Cards are going to move on from Murray, this would be a good year to do it. I think there are about 5-7 1st round QBs in the draft that look like they can play in the NFL.
Williams, Maye, Ewers, Daniels, Penix, McCarthy, Sanders, Nix, and I like the Pratt kid from Tulane even though he's a meh year.
What if the Monti and his dwarfs already decided on walking away from Kyler?

What if they are simply exposing Kyler’s deficiencies avoiding the backlash from the media and fan base, ticket holders?

Seems this thought process makes some sense in what we are seeing on the field not playing to Kyler’s strengths and ensuring a high draft pick to acquire more picks?

What if, they are positioning themselves for a second tier QB like Ewers, Nix or Penix?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if the Monti and his dwarfs already decided on walking away from Kyler?

What if they are simply exposing Kyler’s deficiencies avoiding the backlash from the media and fan base, ticket holders?

Seems this thought process makes some sense in what we are seeing on the field not playing to Kyler’s strengths and ensuring a high draft pick to acquire more picks?

What if, they are positioning themselves for a second tier QB like Ewers, Nix or Penix?
So you’re suggesting the brass is doing everything in their power to make him look bad?
I doubt it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you’re suggesting the brass is doing everything in their power to make him look bad?
I doubt it.
Yeah… that doesn’t make sense unless they think they literally can’t get ANYTHING in trade for him.

Although… maybe that is their thinking seeing how badly they bungled the DeAndre Hopkins departure.