2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No
As of now, sitting at 3, it is draft MHJ or trade down. Plenty of o-line options with the Houston pick.
I posted this in the other games thread...and I think it's feasible, especially if the Texans pick drops to the 25-30 range.

You wanna know what's gonna happen? Texans pick will be mid 20s and some team is gonna offer a 2025 1st, 2024 2nd and more to move up and get another guy they had targeted.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No
I posted this in the other games thread...and I think it's feasible, especially if the Texans pick drops to the 25-30 range.

You wanna know what's gonna happen? Texans pick will be mid 20s and some team is gonna offer a 2025 1st, 2024 2nd and more to move up and get another guy they had targeted.
Whenever we are on the clock with the Texans pick there is going to be a fantastic player sitting there. Better than most, or even all, taken before him.

All we have to do is know who it is and pick him. Easy, Peasy!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Doesn't even matter. This is the last year it is going to be this way. That made it even easier to not pick FSU. The questions he brings up are immediately moot.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Depends. Are we sure Paris is a LT? I kinda feel better about Olu or Alt there instead.

Also Im kinda leaning towards the Georgia Center early in the 2nd round.
MHJ is the best prospect and as of now will be at a position of need. Best to not overthink it. I would be making the same argument if the OT was the higher rated prospect.

I agree that Fashanu and Alt are better OT prospects than Paris but, admittedly, I didn't have PJJ as the best OT in last year's class either.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does matter because they got effing cheated. Freaking clown show.
In regards to the precedent he is claiming is being set. For that team and their fans it totally sucks and is not fair. Florida St getting ahnnilated was going to be bad TV. College football gets much more interesting matchup with Alabama-Michigan.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In regards to the precedent he is claiming is being set. For that team and their fans it totally sucks and is not fair. Florida St getting ahnnilated was going to be bad TV. College football gets much more interesting matchup with Alabama-Michigan.
None of that means anything in football terms. The team that earned it got left out. IDGAF about ratings and betting. If that mattered, the Cards would've never made the playoffs the year they went to the SB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MHJ is the best prospect and as of now will be at a position of need. Best to not overthink it. I would be making the same argument if the OT was the higher rated prospect.

I agree that Fashanu and Alt are better OT prospects than Paris but, admittedly, I didn't have PJJ as the best OT in last year's class either.
I wouldn’t mind if the Cards sign two big free agents. C/G Connor Williams and Wr Michael Pittman. Draft MHJ and spend the other 90% of our draft and free agent money on defense.