2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You guys realize those stats are coming from 2 likely Heisman finalist QB's vs. a struggling first year QB with accuracy issues. You can nitpick all you want, concerned over only 5 missed tackles, LOL. Harrison is on much higher level propsect-wise than the next WR.
Wasn't there just a scout who said MH was the best WR prospect he's seen in the last 10 years?

I get people have their own opinions but trying to convince yourself that there's a better WR prospect than Harrison in this draft is a waste of time. Ask any scout, and I know a couple, the gap between Harrison and the next WR is large. That's not saying the other guys aren't good but Harrison is pretty elite at every skill set in the WR toolbox.
I totally get it. MHJ is elite. I just don’t think he’s going to be what people think he’s going to be at the next level.

It’s not about being contrarian, just an opinion. Scouts miss on guys all the time. Trevor Lawrence hasn’t lived up to the hype as the best prospect since Andrew Luck.

I hope we can revisit in 3-5 years. I’m an Odunze guy but we’ll see how these guys are utilized at the next level.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Odunze. He’ll be a fine NFL player. IMO the difference is route running and situational awareness. Strategy-wise Harrison is far ahead of the receivers who have come out in the last several years. He reminds most evaluators of Fitzgerald in how he understands how to be maximally efficient. Odunze could well be the better athlete. I think Harrison will have the better career, but both will do well and improve the team that gets them.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Odunze. He’ll be a fine NFL player. IMO the difference is route running and situational awareness. Strategy-wise Harrison is far ahead of the receivers who have come out in the last several years. He reminds most evaluators of Fitzgerald in how he understands how to be maximally efficient. Odunze could well be the better athlete. I think Harrison will have the better career, but both will do well and improve the team that gets them.
lol! Now if we had a Qb with situational awareness….

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the Cards' week 12 loss, they're in the #2 spot in the latest projection from The Athletic, with a 1.3 game projected jump between the top 3 teams and #4:
TeamProjected WinsPlayoff Chance
1. Carolina -> Chicago2.90.0%
2. Arizona3.60.0%
3. New England4.00.0%
4. NY Giants5.30.9%
5. Washington5.50.1%
6. Tennessee6.00.3%
7. Chicago6.12.2%
8. NY Jets6.20.4%
9. Cincinnati6.70.4%
10. Las Vegas6.90.8%
Additional commentary related to the Cards:
We’re back to a three-team race
The three teams that still appear to have a shot at No. 1: Carolina (so, Chicago), Arizona and New England. As things stand, Carolina has the lowest strength of schedule, followed by New England — that’s the first tiebreaker for any draft slots.

Trade rumors are going to be fun
Should it land the No. 1 pick (via Carolina), would Chicago lock in on QBs Caleb Williams and Drake Maye or talk itself into Justin Fields’ development? In that second scenario, the Bears might shift to a Marvin Harrison Jr.-vs.-trade down debate — the Patriots and several teams picking behind them could be interested in that top spot.

Even if the Bears just stay put and pick Williams/Maye, the Cardinals’ projected selection at No. 2 would become a hot commodity, primarily for teams wanting to jump Bill Belichick for a shot at QB2. And then what happens with Harrison? Or QB3? Or ultra-talented offensive tackles like Joe Alt and Olu Fashanu?

There were some wild draft trades last year, and we might have a repeat performance in 2024.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have heard his draft comp is loosely Jalen Phillips based upon his injury /transfer history and skill set/production. If you are good with the history, the production and skills are worth it.
I'd be interested in him in a trade up with the Texans pick.

What I really want from this draft is to walk away with two really good players from round one minimum.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Ewers improved a lot from last year but I still dont think he's NFL ready.
Ewers isn't going top 5 but I won't be surprised at all to see him in mid round 1. Coaches will fall in love with that arm talent. My question is his mental makeup. Is he Jay Cutler/Jeff George or in the Kirk Cousins mold?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd