2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

MHJ goes and Drake Maye slips. Cardinals trade down a few spots and get a high second rounder in the process.

Cardinals take Rome Odunze. He offers high end WR potential. Able to make plays down the field and win jump balls, he helps Murray bring back the deep ball.

After a run on DL and pass rushers, the Cardinals take Chop Robinson. I know he has holes in his game, but Robinson has elite speed for an edge. He still needs some development but he is still very young and might be the best pass rusher from this class five years from now. He is a projection based on elite traits and is a very intriguing player.

JC Latham slips whole other tackles pass him up. The Cardinals quickly scoop him up and now have their RT of the future. Latham is a mauler who has quick feet. A huge steal at this point.

With the second round pick obtained from Atlanta, the Cardinals address CB by adding Quinyon Mitchell from Toledo. Mitchell has good size and speed and can make plays on the ball. He's really good in zone coverage and quickly closes on the ball in the air. He's a solid fit for the Gannon defense.

While safety isn't a huge need, Kamren Kinchens has legit star potential at the position. One of the biggest needs for the defense is players that can create sacks and interceptions, and Kinchens can eventually be that ball hawking safety the Cardinals desperately need. Kinchens can be Budda Bakers replacement, but fill in on msub packages in his rookie year.

With the Cardinals next pick they add Ruke Orhorhoro. He's very good athlete on the DL and offers some interior pass rush and is a really good chase down DL. He's only been playing football since his junior year so he is still learning the game.

Caelen Carson is the next pick and he is one of the better CB prospects in the draft. He's adept and staying on the WRs hip and is a feisty competitor.

At this point, Braelon Allen is a steal. He has a similar play style to James Conner and is only 20 years old.

Michael Hall falls, but he offers interior pass rush and is a great value at this point.

The Cardinals finally add a LB prospect with tools on day three in Ulofoshio. He has good athletic tools and is more of a chase down player. He should help on special teams as well.

Brendan Rice falls to later in the draft since he wasn't highly productive throughout his college years and this draft is loaded with good prospects, but Rice does have good size and is a solid deep threat. He also has pedigree, being the son of the greatest WR ever, and perhaps the greatest non-QB in NFL history.

With the Cardinals last pick the Cardinals land a solid, but limited guard prospect in Christian Haynes. He lacks length and quickness to take on stunts, but is tough as nails and wins in a phone booth. In space he attacks defenders with good technique.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
No. But there seems to be a consensus building that three quarterbacks can justifiably be selected in the first three spots.
not directed at you QC

but the degree of faith we all place in pre draft rankings and mocks, IMO, isn't justified. I'm not referring to how the players actually turn out -- I'm referring to how NFL teams actually take players during the draft vs predictions.

past actual drafts vs mocks/rankings suggest that at least 2 of the top 10 teams will do something nobody is expecting as of today.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
WA & NE are taking QBs, the only way MHJ does not fall to #4 is if Chicago trades with one of them. I dont think either would pay the price to move to #1 overall when they cant stand pat and take Maye/Daniels who I think are better than Williams any way myself
It is very possible that a team trades up from #2 or #3, if they think Williams is THE GUY.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

MHJ goes and Drake Maye slips. Cardinals trade down a few spots and get a high second rounder in the process.

Cardinals take Rome Odunze. He offers high end WR potential. Able to make plays down the field and win jump balls, he helps Murray bring back the deep ball.

After a run on DL and pass rushers, the Cardinals take Chop Robinson. I know he has holes in his game, but Robinson has elite speed for an edge. He still needs some development but he is still very young and might be the best pass rusher from this class five years from now. He is a projection based on elite traits and is a very intriguing player.

JC Latham slips whole other tackles pass him up. The Cardinals quickly scoop him up and now have their RT of the future. Latham is a mauler who has quick feet. A huge steal at this point.

With the second round pick obtained from Atlanta, the Cardinals address CB by adding Quinyon Mitchell from Toledo. Mitchell has good size and speed and can make plays on the ball. He's really good in zone coverage and quickly closes on the ball in the air. He's a solid fit for the Gannon defense.

While safety isn't a huge need, Kamren Kinchens has legit star potential at the position. One of the biggest needs for the defense is players that can create sacks and interceptions, and Kinchens can eventually be that ball hawking safety the Cardinals desperately need. Kinchens can be Budda Bakers replacement, but fill in on msub packages in his rookie year.

With the Cardinals next pick they add Ruke Orhorhoro. He's very good athlete on the DL and offers some interior pass rush and is a really good chase down DL. He's only been playing football since his junior year so he is still learning the game.

Caelen Carson is the next pick and he is one of the better CB prospects in the draft. He's adept and staying on the WRs hip and is a feisty competitor.

At this point, Braelon Allen is a steal. He has a similar play style to James Conner and is only 20 years old.

Michael Hall falls, but he offers interior pass rush and is a great value at this point.

The Cardinals finally add a LB prospect with tools on day three in Ulofoshio. He has good athletic tools and is more of a chase down player. He should help on special teams as well.

Brendan Rice falls to later in the draft since he wasn't highly productive throughout his college years and this draft is loaded with good prospects, but Rice does have good size and is a solid deep threat. He also has pedigree, being the son of the greatest WR ever, and perhaps the greatest non-QB in NFL history.

With the Cardinals last pick the Cardinals land a solid, but limited guard prospect in Christian Haynes. He lacks length and quickness to take on stunts, but is tough as nails and wins in a phone booth. In space he attacks defenders with good technique.
Sign me up.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
So you don't think Larry would have benefitted from having Kurt Warner his entire career instead of a laundry list of scrubs??
Curious.
Yeah, Moss put up 2000 yards a season no matter who he played for,...and the niners most certainly changed their offensive system to maximize Grbacs talents......
Of course, Larry's would have been better with Warner. My point was great WR's are going to be great regardless of the QB and showed some examples. Whereas, you said WR play was HEAVILY dependent on QB play etc.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I just don't think adding another Ojulari-type prospect would make sense. We already have that guy with holes in his game that needs to put it all together to get good. Get an edge in FA, preferably, because we need an immediate--right now, not "maybe by year 2 he starts putting some things together" prospect. I don't want to bag on the guy, as I'm a PSU homer, but he's not what we need right now.

Odunze would be a nice pick there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I just don't think adding another Ojulari-type prospect would make sense. We already have that guy with holes in his game that needs to put it all together to get good. Get an edge in FA, preferably, because we need an immediate--right now, not "maybe by year 2 he starts putting some things together" prospect. I don't want to bag on the guy, as I'm a PSU homer, but he's not what we need right now.

Odunze would be a nice pick there.
I think you can never have enough edge rushers and this class is WEAK at edge after the top guys are gone. Last year's class was much better, but that class really had mixed results with Byron Young getting the best results for the most part. Young was a 25 year old rookie, so that can be expected to a degree.

It's like @kerouac9 stated elsewhere, at pick 27, you are basically getting a second rounder, and I'll bet on elite traits that late in the first round. Honestly though, I expect Robinson to be gone by that point because everyone close to Robinson is saying he's likely to test through the roof and you can see his speed on film.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think you can never have enough edge rushers and this class is WEAK at edge after the top guys are gone. Last year's class was much better, but that class really had mixed results with Byron Young getting the best results for the most part. Young was a 25 year old rookie, so that can be expected to a degree.

It's like @kerouac9 stated elsewhere, at pick 27, you are basically getting a second rounder, and I'll bet on elite traits that late in the first round. Honestly though, I expect Robinson to be gone by that point because everyone close to Robinson is saying he's likely to test through the roof and you can see his speed on film.
Heavily agree with this statement. Problem with Chop is he's Ojulari without the injury. We already have the project edge; I don't want us using a top pick--even if we're considering it a top 2nd rounder--for a project where we already have a project. Much rather go DT there, if we're going defense.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just don't think adding another Ojulari-type prospect would make sense.
That is a great point, Stout. I had honestly forgot about Ojulari (something to think about :rolleyes:), but yes, he is Gannon’s new Haason Reddick, so to speak. The speed rusher-type.

I don’t have much new to bring to the table. Just wanted to mention it. :) Thank you.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Heavily agree with this statement. Problem with Chop is he's Ojulari without the injury.
He's not though. Ojulari is a technician, who gets effort sacks.

Robinson is a pure speed rusher in the Gardeck mold, but a better specimen. If we can agree that the timeline is not next year, than the Cardinals can afford to invest in guys who can develop into more.
We already have the project edge; I don't want us using a top pick--even if we're considering it a top 2nd rounder--for a project where we already have a project. Much rather go DT there, if we're going defense.
I agree that I'd rather go DT, but I think a bunch of teams in front of the Cardinals would too. I suspect Murphy II and Newton will be gone, though from what I've read a few places, Newton might not even be graded as a first round prospect by actual NFL scouts.

My hope is that the Cardinals add some beef at DT through FA since this is one of the stronger DT classes in a long time with Chris Jones, Madubuike, and Wilkins all hitting FA at the same time. My ultimate dream would be to poach Madubuike and bring back Calais, and then draft a guy in the first three rounds (Murphy III, Newton, Leonard Taylor, Orhorhoro, etc.).

So it heavily depends on FA. If the Cardinals don't add a DT, I'm all for DT.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Monti needs to have a great 2024 free agency. He really needs to shine starting March 13th, 4pm EST.

Also thanks for all the draft content! Great stuff and I guess you must find this part of the process very interesting!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not though. Ojulari is a technician, who gets effort sacks.

Robinson is a pure speed rusher in the Gardeck mold, but a better specimen. If we can agree that the timeline is not next year, than the Cardinals can afford to invest in guys who can develop into more.

I agree that I'd rather go DT, but I think a bunch of teams in front of the Cardinals would too. I suspect Murphy II and Newton will be gone, though from what I've read a few places, Newton might not even be graded as a first round prospect by actual NFL scouts.

My hope is that the Cardinals add some beef at DT through FA since this is one of the stronger DT classes in a long time with Chris Jones, Madubuike, and Wilkins all hitting FA at the same time. My ultimate dream would be to poach Madubuike and bring back Calais, and then draft a guy in the first three rounds (Murphy III, Newton, Leonard Taylor, Orhorhoro, etc.).

Ojulari is a "technician"? Well, I'll be damned! What will he think of next!

Overall, I agree. The opportunity to greatly improve the Dline is there for the taking.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Overall, I agree. The opportunity to greatly improve the Dline is there for the taking.
Yeah I thought the technician comment was a reach. Everything we were fed last year was “he’s raw,” “he’s the youngest player drafted,” “he was injured in camp and needs time to learn.” Those aren’t comments made for a “technician.” Those are comments made for an athlete.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Did you read all of the scouting reports? Watch all of the pass rush moves he's used over the years? Yes, he's undeniable a technician. He doesn't best blockers with just power and speed, he has a wide variety of pass rush moves he used in college.

He hasn't really harnessed this part of his game in the NFL yet so far.
Unfortunately, there isn't a super clean first round prospect to take early in the draft, but there are a cluster of late first to third round guys I like.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you read all of the scouting reports? Watch all of the pass rush moves he's used over the years? Yes, he's undeniable a technician.
No, I have a life.

If you say so, ok. Let's see him technique his way to 10 sacks next year and I will be thrilled.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah I thought the technician comment was a reach. Everything we were fed last year was “he’s raw,” “he’s the youngest player drafted,” “he was injured in camp and needs time to learn.” Those aren’t comments made for a “technician.” Those are comments made for an athlete.
You must do very little research yourself to make this comment.

Another one where they talk about his rush plan and moves

Another one that talks about all his moves.

I could go on and on and on and continue to post scouting reports that confirm my statement isn't a "reach".

On players I like I probably read no less than 4 different scouting reports and watch as much film of the player as I can.

There is ample tape of Ojulari using a wide array of moves at LSU, much moreso than any other prospect in the 2023 draft.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Spend 25m per year on Danille Hunter.

Draft 2 D Lineman...how about Kris Jenkins and Mckinnley Jackson with our 3rd rounders.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The only way this makes sense is if he’s hearing the same thing I posted hearing that Washington is reluctant to take another NC QB. Until Daniels throws I don’t believe any team is focused on him this highly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison