2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's almost as if teams know that most Edge rushers who aren't top 5 picks take time to develop in the NFL.
Or that sacks aren't the be-all, end-all stat in the NFL. Let's take Felix Anudike-Uzomah, for example.

Yes, 218 snaps. In fact, from Week 8 to week 16 he never played more than 9 snaps in a game. He's been inactive in all three KC playoff games. Despite playing double-digit snaps twice since October 12, he managed to get seven QB hits and nine pressures.

Yes, Felix Anudike-Uzomah had more pressures in 218 snaps than Beej had in 409 (8). Lots to look forward to for Mr. Ojulari in 2024.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Must be fun. You must be the only guy that shouts "Quiet everyone, I need to focus on our rookie 4th string rotational edge".

How many snaps do you think you really drilled down on #18 then?

Really drilled down? Bruh, you're not going to believe me no matter what I tell you. GTFOH with this rubbish.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So he’s essentially a finished product/minimal growth in terms of adding moves compared to other first year players.
He's actually shown more of an array of pass rush moves in college, though he didn't really unleash many in his rookie year. Often this can be attributed to the game being too fast and too physical for young players.
And he’s likely not getting more explosive, maybe bigger. Doesn’t speak very highly of his future upside.
Nonsense, he was literally the youngest player in the draft. How many twenty year olds don't get bigger, stronger, and faster?
This flies in the face of all the rose colored arguments made in support of his underwhelming season.
False premise 1 + False premise 2 = False conclusion.

Just like it does for many players, the game should slow down for him and he should develop more physically, especially considering he was the youngest player in the 2023 NFL Draft.

What actually is a strong indicator that he should find his way is that he was successful from his first year in college onward. Yes his rookie year was underwhelming but that isn't an indicator that he won't become a pretty good player down the road.

I'll be a lot more concerned halfway through next season if he isn't starting to show more signs. His brother had a similar path; underwhelming rookie year and started to play well in his second season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Or that sacks aren't the be-all, end-all stat in the NFL. Let's take Felix Anudike-Uzomah, for example.

Yes, 218 snaps. In fact, from Week 8 to week 16 he never played more than 9 snaps in a game. He's been inactive in all three KC playoff games. Despite playing double-digit snaps twice since October 12, he managed to get seven QB hits and nine pressures.

Yes, Felix Anudike-Uzomah had more pressures in 218 snaps than Beej had in 409 (8). Lots to look forward to for Mr. Ojulari in 2024.
Cool story. Must be nice playing in proximity to Chris Jones and George Karlaftis.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hmm, but his speed was a stated asset, as was his always having a plan. And the game NEVER slowed down for him? Even after 16 games? Slow learning technician?
Is this your first year watching football, or are you purposefully being obtuse?

Speed of the game has nothing to do with the individuals speed, and more to do with the speed of everyone else around you and how fast you can process said speed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just like it does for many players, the game should slow down for him and he should develop more physically, especially considering he was the youngest player in the 2023 NFL Draft.
He's four months younger than Will Anderson. Saying he was the youngest player in the draft is accurate, but it's not as informative as a lot of people who would like to excuse his rookie season would like it to be.

I'd also add that you project him to be a six-to-eight-sack per season guy, which is a lower ceiling than I think a lot of people would want for the draft status.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cool story. Must be nice playing in proximity to Chris Jones and George Karlaftis.
Your insinuation isn't really an argument. Chris Jones didn't play in week 1; Karlaftis was a six-sack guy as a rookie and wasn't generating the attention he will now as a proven double-digit sack player.

Still, even if FA-U were simply beating the 1:1s he was presented with because attention was directed at those guys, it would be a fair sight better than what we saw this year from Beej.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's four months younger than Will Anderson. Saying he was the youngest player in the draft is accurate, but it's not as informative as a lot of people who would like to excuse his rookie season would like it to be.
Who did Anderson play with and who did Ojulari play with?
I'd also add that you project him to be a six-to-eight-sack per season guy, which is a lower ceiling than I think a lot of people would want for the draft status.
For a pick 41, 8 sacks per year is a very good player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Before Detroit HC, Dan Campbell, decided that he would show the FB world that he was smarter than every other HC, the Lions were showing the world that you can win a big game with a VG running game. And I wonder if the Cardinals in seeing that came away thinking that we'd be better off using the #4 pick on an OT instead of a WR. Keep in mind, Monti's top assistant, Dave (?) Sears came from Detroit?
This discounts the fact that they’ve got a stud receiver in st brown was tearing it up in the first half and another receiver who was a first round pick who scored on their first play on an end around.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Your insinuation isn't really an argument. Chris Jones didn't play in week 1; Karlaftis was a six-sack guy as a rookie and wasn't generating the attention he will now as a proven double-digit sack player.

Still, even if FA-U were simply beating the 1:1s he was presented with because attention was directed at those guys, it would be a fair sight better than what we saw this year from Beej.
More nonsense arguments.

Having better pass rushers around you improves everyone. Felix-Udize-whatever-his-name -is had the benefit of OL having to worry if the guy next to them is going to get beat.

Nothing happens in a vacuum in team sports.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Before Detroit HC, Dan Campbell, decided that he would show the FB world that he was smarter than every other HC, the Lions were showing the world that you can win a big game with a VG running game. And I wonder if the Cardinals in seeing that came away thinking that we'd be better off using the #4 pick on an OT instead of a WR. Keep in mind, Monti's top assistant, Dave (?) Sears came from Detroit?
I don't think a solitary game is going to change how a talent evaluator is going to want to build their team.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Ignoring Felix was a 1st round pick and should have slightly higher expectations than a 2nd rounder...He's also playing next to Chris Jones, arguably a top 3 DT in the NFL. That can open things up for pretty much anyone next to him.

That's all I got.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ignoring Felix was a 1st round pick and should have slightly higher expectations than a 2nd rounder...He's also playing next to Chris Jones, arguably a top 3 DT in the NFL. That can open things up for pretty much anyone next to him.

That's all I got.
I guess? Beej was selected 10 spots later. I didn't bring his name up.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is this your first year watching football, or are you purposefully being obtuse?

Speed of the game has nothing to do with the individuals speed, and more to do with the speed of everyone else around you and how fast you can process said speed.
I'm not obtuse, just slightly over weight.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ojulari was less productive than Michael Wilson last year. Why are people saying Wilson is going to have to battle for the #3 spot and talking up Ojulari like he is something we should be counting on?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
im stunned to see him at 250 lbs. He looks 225

i think this time next year is the right time to get a good read on Ojulari.

He flashed --- a little, but clearly needs to be stronger and could use 10 lbs or so.

if the Cards are lucky -- they get a guy like Alex Highsmith of the Steelers. Didnt do much his rookie season, was a solid player his second year -- had 14 sacks his third year.
I’m not writing him off. I’m just trying to show the contradictory statements made in support of his less than stellar rookie season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’m not writing him off. I’m just trying to show the contradictory statements made in support of his less than stellar rookie season.
To be fair, few Cardinals draft picks in the last 10 years or so, especially 2nd rounders have had stellar rookie seasons. Can't even say McBride was stellar last year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To be fair, few Cardinals draft picks in the last 10 years or so, especially 2nd rounders have had stellar rookie seasons. Can't even say McBride was stellar last year.
Well, we fired the guy who made those picks over the past 10 years.

That said, Rondale Moore, Byron Murphy, Christian Kirk, Budda Baker, and Markus Golden all had arguably better seasons that BJ Ojulari.

Really waiting on someone to make the positive case for Ojulari's rookie season.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we fired the guy who made those picks over the past 10 years.

That said, Rondale Moore, Byron Murphy, Christian Kirk, Budda Baker, and Markus Golden all had arguably better seasons that BJ Ojulari.

Really waiting on someone to make the positive case for Ojulari's rookie season.
He didn't get suspended or cut or arrested!