BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Lakers playing on house money but I think Jokic is unstoppable right now

Nuggets in 6

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nuggets are winning it all. Won't be shocked if they advance to the finals in as little as 5 games.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
agreed. Lake show running on house money and AD only going to play well every other game. Hard to believe Suns out and Lakers still alive. Barring injury, Denver may only lose 2 games between now and their crowning. They are solidly good without many weaknesses.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed. Lake show running on house money and AD only going to play well every other game. Hard to believe Suns out and Lakers still alive. Barring injury, Denver may only lose 2 games between now and their crowning. They are solidly good without many weaknesses.
I think, with AD fairly healthy, this Lakers team is better than we were. Don't know who will win but it wouldn't be a shocker to see AD limp out of a game and make it easy on the favored Nuggets.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This series really is a mystery. They split the regular season series 2-2, but the Lakers are not the same team at all and have been the best team in the league since the trade deadline. Added youth plus defense and they've had a lot of time to gel as a team. Mo Bamba still isn't back from an ankle injury, but he is close. So, we could have an extra 7-footer to spell AD here and there in the series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuggets in 5. They'll lose in the finals to Miami in 6 though. If Boston gets by Miami, they'll take it as well but I'm not as confident Boston is a good matchup.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
We had no NBA team growing up in Phoenix so my older brother, in order to rebel against our St Louis Hawks fan stepdad, decided that the Minneapolis Lakers was his team. The next year, my 10 or 11 year old brother was devastated by the news that the Lakers were relocating to some town in California. It's always the kids that get hurt when couples break up and franchises move out.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Pop and the Spurs land the #1 pick
Pelicans can trade with the Lakers in this next draft (2023).

Pelicans have the 14th pick and are sitting at home.

Lakers have the 17th pick and are still playing.

Not too shabby. :)

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this is the only time in my 47 years I'm rooting for the Lakers. I just can't stomach stupid Denver. If LA is smart they will feed Anthony Davis he's the difference maker

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
No choice. Parents divorced and both moved back here. Dad to Phoenix and my mom to Scottsdale.
Sorry about the parent's divorce. But why did you decide to stay? My wife moved here from CA because we couldn't afford to move to CA with our income. But, glad you are here.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early look is the Lakers have to get used to the fact that Denver is MUCH bigger than the Warriors were. You can see already Porter Jr going right at Reaves.