2023 Pre-Season Week 1 vs Denver Broncos 08/11/2023

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Arizona Cardinals GM Ossenfort believes wins hinge on trenches​

“A big tenant of what I believe in the offensive line is versatility. … If you’re a one position guy on the offensive line, you better do it at a high level. If you look up and down our depth chart, we have a lot of guys who have experience at multiple positions.”

Confirms what I said about Big Mo. He needs to ball out to make the roster.
Honestly, this is the most irritating part regarding letting Zach Allen walk and Monti's punting of FA. Instead of focusing on those areas and adding talent "in the trenches" where he feels is most important, he chose not to.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets goooo cards hope see some positive things and no stupid injuries

Will colt play ton? He should least 1 drive imo

Plenty 420 jack dream kush for gm :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think they ARE going to try to win every week. They just won't be successful at it most of the time.

I mean, yes, they're going to try to win every week starting on Monday. But Monti hasn't been trying to win every week starting in March, which is why the comment is so ridiculous. He arguably isn't trying very hard to win every week right now.

That's funny cuz I'm most worried about the trenches

I think we did pretty much everything we could within reason to improve the offensive line. With everyone healthy, that's maybe one of the three best position groups on the team.

It's laughable to say we prioritized the defensive line.

Word. The delegation of assignments is what I'm kinda worried about, not sure who the leader on the O-line is going to be

The Captain is the leader on the O-line. Between him, PJJ, Beachum, and Hernandez, I'm not concerned at all about leadership in this group.

in a league where 99.9% of GMs, HCs etc all speak in cliches -- I cant believe the GM speaks in cliches

I disagree that it's 99.9%. There are a ton of GMs and HCs who have thoughtful, realistic conversations about their rosters. McVay, Shanahan, McDaniel, Carroll, Brandon Staley, and Sean Payton all spring immediately to mind as HCs. Les Snead, Brandon Beane, Jeffrey Lurie, and Brett Veach are GMs who are fairly forthcoming, or at least more forthcoming than Monti.

But why would we hold our third-choice GM to the same expectations as guys who build teams that make the playoffs and win super bowls?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I mean, yes, they're going to try to win every week starting on Monday. But Monti hasn't been trying to win every week starting in March, which is why the comment is so ridiculous. He arguably isn't trying very hard to win every week right now.

I think we did pretty much everything we could within reason to improve the offensive line. With everyone healthy, that's maybe one of the three best position groups on the team.

It's laughable to say we prioritized the defensive line.

The Captain is the leader on the O-line. Between him, PJJ, Beachum, and Hernandez, I'm not concerned at all about leadership in this group.

I disagree that it's 99.9%. There are a ton of GMs and HCs who have thoughtful, realistic conversations about their rosters. McVay, Shanahan, McDaniel, Carroll, Brandon Staley, and Sean Payton all spring immediately to mind as HCs. Les Snead, Brandon Beane, Jeffrey Lurie, and Brett Veach are GMs who are fairly forthcoming, or at least more forthcoming than Monti.

But why would we hold our third-choice GM to the same expectations as guys who build teams that make the playoffs and win super bowls?
You pimp this O-line while simultaneously clowning the GM that assembled it lol pick a lane man

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You pimp this O-line while simultaneously clowning the GM that assembled it lol pick a lane man
Being the one of the strongest units on a team that many people project to win four games isn't really blowing the trumpets.

Also, the unit has maybe three of five players who I project to be above replacement-level. Let's not get crazy.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Being the one of the strongest units on a team that many people project to win four games isn't really blowing the trumpets.

Also, the unit has maybe three of five players who I project to be above replacement-level. Let's not get crazy.
Crazy? I'm predicting Dortch gets 2 TDs tonight

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think they ARE going to try to win every week. They just won't be successful at it most of the time.
He said probably not going 17-0, but maybe he's number dyslexic and meant probably not going 0 and 17.
That's funny cuz I'm most worried about the trenches
He can do a little of this and little of that, but most of all he can only block a little.