2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The guy I want is Steven adams, been saying it for 3-4 years now. But with his recent injury history and his contract it's unlikely. Plus the last thing Memphis needs is another immature guard in Poole.

Ayton would certainly give the Warriors some size, and he's a better defender than Wiseman was. What the Warriors want from that spot is rebound, rim protect and set screens. The perfect Warrior big man is Bogut but there's nobody around right now like him that I've seen.

The name being thrown around locally is Nick Richards from Charlotte, 25 coming into his prime, 7 footer, per 40 this year was about 16 PPG 12 RPG 2 bpg, of course there's a reason he doesn't play 40.

You won't convince Charlotte to take Poole since they have Melo Ball so it would probably wind up being Kuminga who I'd rather not trade.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God I hope the Sixers win. The thought of an NBA finals with Lakers and Celtics and LeBron and Smart flopping non stop would drive me nuts.

So glad the ref called that foul on Smart when he flopped and Embiid tripped over him after scoring. Punish players for flopping

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tatum sure looks like a #1 today. I was wrong about him thought he didn't have the killer instinct when he was at Duke but he does.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Next year will be year 10 of the Joel Embiid trust the process rebuilds He’s been given multiple all stars and multiple all defensive team members and he’s never been past the second round. He’s 100% a fraud he’s had some horrible no shows and tonight was another

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Harden is the biggest choke artist in the history of the NBA

so far 9 points
Most of the time including at ASU he was almost always a one man team so when defenses tighten up and get physical in the postseason he ends up getting beaten up by double and triple teams. And he almost always comes up way short. I hate to use the word choke, it so rarely applies in the traditional sense but Harden might be the exception. He really appears to choke.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welp, another team probably shopping for a coach next season. Ishbia better be flashing the Benjamins pronto.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most of the time including at ASU he was almost always a one man team so when defenses tighten up and get physical in the postseason he ends up getting beaten up by double and triple teams. And he almost always comes up way short. I hate to use the word choke, it so rarely applies in the traditional sense but Harden might be the exception. He really appears to choke.

It started in the San Antonio series. Game 6 he legit looked scared to shoot. He only took 11 shots. Going 2-11 I remember on TV they were showing him passing up wide open shots and Barkley saying he was scared to death and wanted no part of the moment

He’s just not that guy and it sucks because I have to hear my brother run his mouth every time Harden doesn’t show up(he went to the U of A)

However Embiid isn’t that guy either

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well credit to Tatum. He certainly showed up today.

The Sixers need to fire Doc. He was a bad hire initially and they won't win with him. Their whole issue goes back to paying Tobias Harris over Jimmy Butler though. That was such a big blunder. Letting Butler walk was questionable then and idiotic now. Feel for Embiid. He's a legit star and thought Harden could be a #2 as he seemed to buy in but Harden never shows up in big playoff games. Was really hoping for a Embiid vs Jokic finals too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s no way Philly can run this back with Harden & Embiid as their alphas. From what I’m hearing Sixer fans want to blow it up.
Man… there might have been a world where we could have traded for Embiid.

That said, he’s a walking injury concern same as KD, but maybe we coulda held on to Cam in that scenario where we could have made an Ayton/Bridges deal for Embiid.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The weird thing today and in a couple of other games in this series is he had patches where he just refused to shoot. He had multiple turnovers today because he didn't want to shoot the ball and threw a pass that nobody was expecting because he had the shot.

Tatum was unreal but for the most part doing it against 1 on 1 defense, they'd run a pick to get a switch, often Embiid and he'd take him, or when they had Melton on him he'd just go 1 on 1 and score. With Curry, LeBron etc you almost always are running a 2nd defender at them and hoping the pass doesn't lead to a bucket. So Tatum isn't quite seeing that level of attention but 51 in a game 7 is impressive and when you consider what he did in the 4th quarter of game 6 it's unreal. He had 11 in the last 6:30 of game 6 and 51 tonight in 42 minutes. So his last 48 minutes and change he put up 62 points in a playoff series.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It started in the San Antonio series. Game 6 he legit looked scared to shoot. He only took 11 shots. Going 2-11 I remember on TV they were showing him passing up wide open shots and Barkley saying he was scared to death and wanted no part of the moment

He’s just not that guy and it sucks because I have to hear my brother run his mouth every time Harden doesn’t show up(he went to the U of A)

However Embiid isn’t that guy either
Just ask - where did Ayton go to school?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This dude sucks so damn bad.