2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy hell. Twitter sleuths looking at video have concluded that the reason GP2 left the court in the first quarter is he was sick, threw up in his mouth, and held it for an entire play before he could run off the court into the lockerroom and spit it out.

Ages ago, probably late 80's, a pitcher for the A's threw up in the middle of a pitch, the ball bounced wildly past the catcher and when they showed the replay you could see him throw up.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celtics getting booed in the 2nd qtr, down 40-26. And they deserve it. Harden working it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These playoffs don’t make any sense to me. Millwaukee bounced by Miami, Lakers about to make the conference finals and now Philly looks like they might take out Boston.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
These playoffs don’t make any sense to me. Millwaukee bounced by Miami, Lakers about to make the conference finals and now Philly looks like they might take out Boston.
Feel like there have simply been a lot of injuries that have screwed up the playoff seedings (especially in the west). Suns and Lakers easily would have had higher seedings if not for injuries. Suns might have even been the 1 seed if not for injuries. 76ers might just be finally fully gelling now that they have had some time together.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Philly is for real. Took them a minute but Harden in a secondary role is dangerous. They have good depth. As long as Embiid can play at 90% then they're a legit contender. I always thought Boston was a little overrated. Tatum is good but he's not a #1 and Jaylen isn't a #1 either. They are a team that should have made a KD like deal.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would not be shocking to see GS come back from 3-1 and win that series. If I had to bet $5 it would be on the Lakers but they are not safe yet.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Philly is for real. Took them a minute but Harden in a secondary role is dangerous. They have good depth. As long as Embiid can play at 90% then they're a legit contender. I always thought Boston was a little overrated. Tatum is good but he's not a #1 and Jaylen isn't a #1 either. They are a team that should have made a KD like deal.

Tatum isn’t the guy to lead a team. Great talent on both ends but almost an empty stat kind of guy. I said almost.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tatum isn’t the guy to lead a team. Great talent on both ends but almost an empty stat kind of guy. I said almost.

Yeah he's a lot like Booker was viewed as 2-3 years ago. Great scorer, decent defender, but he doesn't really show that next gear.

I'm not saying that's who Booker is or was, he was definitely labeled that by those who didn't watch him regularly.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I don't get this at all. He's been far too good during his career for me to buy that he's anything other than one of the best players in the game. Everyone struggles at times, even the best.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man I don't get this at all. He's been far too good during his career for me to buy that he's anything other than one of the best players in the game. Everyone struggles at times, even the best.

He's a great shooter but he doesn't seem able to create shots that well when pressured. Maybe I haven't watched him enough but he seems easy to throw off his game and when he's off, he doesn't find ways to contribute like others can/do.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a great shooter but he doesn't seem able to create shots that well when pressured. Maybe I haven't watched him enough but he seems easy to throw off his game and when he's off, he doesn't find ways to contribute like others can/do.
Seriously I've seen him get shots off when pressured, doubled, tripled and fouled hard. I don't know what's going on right now but he and that team don't like right.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. A bad game or two, or even a few missed shots, and people turn on these players and start calling them bums or overrated.

This a hard game to play. The other guys are good too. It doesn't always work out.

I thought Boston was really flat.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. A bad game or two, or even a few missed shots, and people turn on these players and start calling them bums or overrated.

This a hard game to play. The other guys are good too. It doesn't always work out.

I thought Boston was really flat.

I didn't call anyone a bum. I just don't think Tatum can be the #1 on a legit contender. Maybe I'm wrong. I can accept that. I just haven't seen him find that next level that guys like Book, Curry, KD, Lebron, Kawhi, etc have.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure that has impacted Poole. They did discipline Draymond but not enough IMO.

That said that was months ago, in December of this season, in 15 games, he averaged 26.8 PPG on 45% shooting. He put up 20.4 PPG this year, he's got 11 points total in his last 3 games 48 minutes 5-19 from the floor 0-8 from 3 11 assists 7 turnovers. To me it seems like all the blocked shots by AD really have Poole shook.

He just seems to be coming apart.
Pressure is when these things will surface. It's only going to bring it out more now. I think Poole or Draymond has to go. The way it was handled, I can see Poole not trusted GS management and coaches. It's not like a regular job you can just quit, and then interview elsewhere. Don't tell me he could have not signed that offer. For that money, you try and tell yourself you can make it work. This is exactly when the dysfunction is going to show, when the pressure is the greatest.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I didn't call anyone a bum. I just don't think Tatum can be the #1 on a legit contender. Maybe I'm wrong. I can accept that. I just haven't seen him find that next level that guys like Book, Curry, KD, Lebron, Kawhi, etc have.
I have been wondering this, too. He's more of a third guy on the team guy I think. You have dogs like Book and KD that are not afraid to shoot when it's tight. Then you have guys that make that extra pass even when the clock is almost run out because they are afraid of missing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would not be shocking to see GS come back from 3-1 and win that series. If I had to bet $5 it would be on the Lakers but they are not safe yet.

It certainly doesn't look that way to me but I assume if Looney and Payton get over their illness that could really help.

Or Poole wakes up. Or Kerr just decided to go PNR with Curry almost exclusively when he's on the court and make AD guard it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For him it's because he struggled so much in the finals last year. He's a great player, but right now that's his playoff label right or wrong.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allegedly Steph and Draymond have convinced Kerr NOT to bench Poole tonight. He won't start sounds like GP2 will again, but Poole will still be in the rotation and they'll give him another chance to contribute.

Steph was defending him to the media saying it's not right to separate Poole from the team, everyone needs to play better not just him. Sounds like he and Draymond went to Kerr and said give him another chance we need him.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Allegedly Steph and Draymond have convinced Kerr NOT to bench Poole tonight. He won't start sounds like GP2 will again, but Poole will still be in the rotation and they'll give him another chance to contribute.

Steph was defending him to the media saying it's not right to separate Poole from the team, everyone needs to play better not just him. Sounds like he and Draymond went to Kerr and said give him another chance we need him.
i doubt the warriors can poole it together

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard