2023 6th round pick #213 is Dante Stills DT

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Scouting Report: Strengths

He’s very good with his hands, a technician with the violence, quickness, and the long arms to ward off blockers. Stills has a great motor and enough creativity to make plays late in the down as a pass rusher.
Possesses the length and power to ward off offensive tackles.
Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
A borderline top-100 draft pick who isn't flashy and won't have great workout numbers, but simply makes plays on the football field.
Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
His spin move is already NFL-caliber, and Stills displays a very good motor.

Scouting Report: Weaknesses

Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
While he’s a decent lateral mover, Stills doesn’t show great closing speed when he has to chase in pursuit.
Stills has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and he needs to make better use of his hands.
Weird the one thing the guys on tv harped on was inconsistent motor and being outta shape.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Cardinals came into the draft needing interior defensive line help, and with Stills, who they got with the 213th overall pick in the sixth round, they may have a plug-and-play rotational player who can create havoc inside. Last season, the 6-foot-3, 286-pound Stills was good for five sacks and 30 total pressures in 334 passing attempts, with ability to stop the run as well. Moreover, Stills proved able to get pressure everywhere from nose tackle to end, and he made life unpleasant for blockers when he got going in a speed-to-power sense.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cardinals

Dante Stills, DT, West Virginia (Round 6, No. 213 overall)

Stills has the body type that allows Arizona to mismatch its defensive fronts depending upon the situation. He has good speed and the Cardinals desperately needed more bodies along that front. I had few issues with Arizona's draft class but Stills was ranked a bit lower on my board.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stills being the biggest steal article followed by Stills being our biggest reach article just about sums up draft media.
Their only concern about Stills was he was ranked just a little lower on his board. Not much to nit pick.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stills being the biggest steal article followed by Stills being our biggest reach article just about sums up draft media.
Yeah, seems like you are now figuring out all anyone has is opinions. I don't care how much "tape" aka "Youtube Highlight Videos" anyone has watched.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose