OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scouting Report: Strengths

He’s very good with his hands, a technician with the violence, quickness, and the long arms to ward off blockers. Stills has a great motor and enough creativity to make plays late in the down as a pass rusher.
Possesses the length and power to ward off offensive tackles.
Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
A borderline top-100 draft pick who isn't flashy and won't have great workout numbers, but simply makes plays on the football field.
Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
His spin move is already NFL-caliber, and Stills displays a very good motor.

Scouting Report: Weaknesses

Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
While he’s a decent lateral mover, Stills doesn’t show great closing speed when he has to chase in pursuit.
Stills has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and he needs to make better use of his hands.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Top Reasons to Buy In:

First-step quickness to penetrate gaps
Lateral quickness to flatten and pursue the football in the backfield
Strong finishing ability with 53 career tackles for loss

Top Reasons For Concern:

Undersized frame to live on the interior on an every-down basis
Functional strength and block deconstruction skills are not a strength

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
307th ranked player and two DTs ranked much higher than him still sitting there. Hm.....

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He definitely fits the MO-JG profile. Not a starter but decent rotation guy on passing downs IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He definitely fits the MO-JG profile. Not a starter but decent rotation guy on passing downs IMO.
I think he’s a better player than Foku & Lawrence because he can’t stay healthy. Need more guys like Stills. He will definitely be a contributor on this Dline without a doubt. Can play DT or DE

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I think he’s a better player than Foku & Lawrence because he can’t stay healthy. Need more guys like Stills. He will definitely be a contributor on this Dline without a doubt. Can play DT or DE
Can't wait to see how he does in a limited role. As I recall he played a lot of snaps at WVU.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how he does in a limited role. As I recall he played a lot of snaps at WVU.
He did. I even noted mentally watching a couple of their games last year he looked good. But he isn't big.

The main concern about our defensive draftees is size.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He did. I even noted mentally watching a couple of their games last year he looked good. But he isn't big.

Yeah. Without Watt and Allen our run defense will be sub-optimal.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
In JGs defense they need guys in the 285-310 range who are more athletic & twitchy than bigger & slower. He’s the perfect fit though I sure did want Karl Brooks earlier