2023 5th round pick #139 is Clayton Tune QB

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't know guys. The greatest of all time was a freaking 6th round pick or something, right? I do know that drafting the premier position every draft is smart because even if you have your guy (and I completely still think Kyler is special), that other guy showing any promise is money in the bank for value... ask the Patriots :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a bit sad. Chris Simms brother with his Dad Phil on Youtube a whole 7 episodes in and only 127 subscribers.

But it's interesting and they break down some Tune plays. Got to respect Phil's opinion.

Some wicked throws in here. Also realised our new home strip is basically Houston's full red.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is a bit sad. Chris Simms brother with his Dad Phil on Youtube a whole 7 episodes in and only 127 subscribers.

But it's interesting and they break down some Tune plays. Got to respect Phil's opinion.

Some wicked throws in here. Also realised our new home strip is basically Houston's full red.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It's a brand new channel...barely 2 weeks old. Doubt they are doing any real publicity and marketing for it, just yet. Matt sounds almost exactly like Chris.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
The guy definitely seems confident. Lol. Perhaps having a rookie QB on the roster who seems eager to play and prove himself will be a good thing for Kyler as well.

McCoy is obviously content merely being a backup at this stage in his career, and David Blough is well.....David Blough. Kyler could be playing like the Rams playoff game every week and there would be no threat of being benched for Colt or Blough.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Considering age and frequency of injuries Colt may retire this summer.
Since the team is eating money they may well encourage that with a cut.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I hope Tune comes in and wins the job outright to start the season. There is literally zero reason to start some veteran journeyman over a rookie with some potential.

We essentially have an 11 game preseason this year....3 in the preseason and 8 until Kyler is cleared.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like him and feel it would be great for the new coaching staff to develop a good solid backup QB with starter potential that we have actually drafted. Sometimes they can be a very positive surprise.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that Tune would be the lowest drafted rookie of all-time to start a Week 1 game. Minshew played in Week 1 for the Jags as a rookie but he was subbing for an injured Nick Foles.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not unprecedented for a rookie QB to start over a vet backup. The Pats did it last year with Bailey Zappe over Hoyer.

I'm sure there are plenty more.