2023-2024 Transfer Portal Thread

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We picked up JP Deeter, a D line transfer from Purdue and Filiva’a Salun for the OLine, but the latter will be gone for 2 years on a mission...
Two years doesn’t help ASU any time soon but this is, on the surface, a step in the right direction. Do we know how often a 2 year mission player uphold the football commitment they made? I presume it is probably pretty high but have no idea of that it’s true

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two years doesn’t help ASU any time soon but this is, on the surface, a step in the right direction. Do we know how often a 2 year mission player uphold the football commitment they made? I presume it is probably pretty high but have no idea of that it’s true

I expect he will honor the commitment, but doubt he will have time to do the same level of conditioning, weight training, diet, etc., plus being away from the game for two years, those will be the challenges. Will probably be an adjustment upon return for sure

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect he will honor the commitment, but doubt he will have time to do the same level of conditioning, weight training, diet, etc., plus being away from the game for two years, those will be the challenges. Will probably be an adjustment upon return for sure

Fred Mortenson, who served a mission, turned out well for ASU.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fred Mortenson, who served a mission, turned out well for ASU.

I had to look that one up, LOL. I thought of the X Cowboy QB, but that must have been Craig Mortenson (?). I am sure there are many x missionaries that have pulled it off, and this guy will too, it just takes extra time tol be full on back in football mode

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to look that one up, LOL. I thought of the X Cowboy QB, but that must have been Craig Mortenson (?). I am sure there are many x missionaries that have pulled it off, and this guy will too, it just takes extra time tol be full on back in football mode

I think it is Fred Mortensen, however, that goes back to ancient Sun Devil history.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BYU and, to a slightly(?) lesser extent, Utah are both proof that kids on missions can return and play effectively.

I’m not overly concerned beyond the idea that two years is a bunch of time for a kid to up and change their minds. I suspect the LDS kids are more loyal to their decisions but I don’t know that to be true

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
OP
OP
SeattleCardinal

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kentucky makes a lot of sense for Trayanum, including the school's needs and proximity to home.

Some additional beef for the ASU OL (three stars, but with offers from Arizona, Colorado, and Nebraska, in addition to OSU):
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like we have a pretty good shot at snagging a running back transferring out of USC that is supposed to be pretty good.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Is it me or is everything feeling different? Like…hope?
Dillingham and staff seem to be working the recruiting trail pretty well so far. There's obviously a lot of work to clean up after the last two seasons' disasters, but if they are now making some solid gains with the NIL (with Ray Anderson out of the way), things could turn around pretty fast.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake