2023-2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put it, but former ASU quarterback Jayden Daniels wins the 2023 Heisman Trophy while playing for LSU.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I know a lot of ASU fans don't have positive feelings about JD5, but I did appreciate his mention of ASU and its coaches during the Heisman acceptance speech.
Honestly, I don't blame Daniels so much as I do the two idiots (Anderson/Edwards) and the general ridiculousness that college football itself has devolved into.

OP
OP
SeattleCardinal

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another reinforcement for the depleted TE corps (along with the transfer Douglas from Florida State and the highly touted HS recruit out of Oregon, Fortier).

OP
OP
SeattleCardinal

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A WSU CB, and apparently one of several visitors this weekend. I guess that if there is one good thing about the transfer portal, it's the timing. Probably doesn't hurt to have prospective transfers visit Tempe in December. ;)

OP
OP
SeattleCardinal

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another position of need - LB who was a key defensive player at Arkansas. Obviously all these guys need to sign on the dotted line, but this was quite a productive weekend for Dillingham and Co.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contained are some video clips of QB Sam Leavitt.

I like the controlled runs by Leavitt.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big signing - it will be interesting to see what Rashada does. There are a couple of MSU OLs in the portal too - it would be good to see them follow Leavitt.

In this new world order of college football, one has to wonder if this signing is actually some writing on the wall for Rashada/his intentions?

Otherwise, I don’t understand the benefit to Leavitt unless the coaching staff truly thinks he can press for the starting role?

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In this new world order of college football, one has to wonder if this signing is actually some writing on the wall for Rashada/his intentions?

Otherwise, I don’t understand the benefit to Leavitt unless the coaching staff truly thinks he can press for the starting role?

I think KD's philosophy is to bring people in to compete for a position, rather than promising it to anyone. Rashada and the rest of the players know this, every year new people will come in to compete for your job so you better be working your ass off. With that said, I think Rashada will be the projected starter.

Leavitt is talented but still very much unproven, check out is stats last year. Nice to add him as additional depth and someone to push Rashada and possibly challenge for his job.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris Karpman says Rashada knew ASU would be bringing in a transfer QB.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Same ish as always... we'll get a couple skill position players while being desperately short at OL/D-line.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think KD's philosophy is to bring people in to compete for a position, rather than promising it to anyone. Rashada and the rest of the players know this, every year new people will come in to compete for your job so you better be working your ass off. With that said, I think Rashada will be the projected starter.

Leavitt is talented but still very much unproven, check out is stats last year. Nice to add him as additional depth and someone to push Rashada and possibly challenge for his job.
MSU last season was nothing short of a disaster on top of a dumpster fire on top of a trainwreck so what Leavitt did last year is probably not terribly relevant.

I get what Karpman is saying but we all need to remember that there is another yet another transfer window so while Rashada can say he knew ASU would bring in a transfer QB, that doesn’t mean he will be here come the fall.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same ish as always... we'll get a couple skill position players while being desperately short at OL/D-line.
DE/DL from Cincy. Had a good 2022 before injuries shorted him in 2023.

In 2022, Wodtly played in logged 31 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks as a key rotational player before being relegated to a smaller role this season due in part to injuries, finishing with 13 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack in 11 games.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
DE/DL from Cincy. Had a good 2022 before injuries shorted him in 2023.

In 2022, Wodtly played in logged 31 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks as a key rotational player before being relegated to a smaller role this season due in part to injuries, finishing with 13 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack in 11 games.
Yeah, as with o-line, we need more...much more. We're still trying to replace Mallory/Green, both who were better players than Wodtly. It's filling the funnel while you're leaking out more on the other end. I'm bummed we just missed out on 2 more OL prospects - once again, the big boys are by far the rarest breed in Tempe.

OP
OP
SeattleCardinal

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This was one of the OLs I was hoping would follow Leavitt. He's going back to MSU and it's new coach :( (ASU was among those in pursuit).

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So far, you are correct on the OL and DL. I am hoping they can still cobble together some average-ish lines before spring football

We picked up JP Deeter, a D line transfer from Purdue and Filiva’a Salun for the OLine, but the latter will be gone for 2 years on a mission...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen