2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Pretty sure Hump has only this year left on his contract
But it is not like they won't re-sign or extend him, after all he is one of the players Gannon was shown coming up to saying he was depending on him to help change the culture and he was the guy Paris mentioned seeing that inspired him working out in the off season

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

That's from his first game at LT against Notre Dame. I like watching these because you get a full perspective.

First, he got a lot of help from a TE throughout the game. Even having a guy line up outside your shoulder and release helps dictate your setup.

Second, he had a really nifty play where the end got inside him and he recovered dropping back and pushed the rusher inside to keep Stroud protected.

Third, the few plays where he was bull rushed he looked real rough. He'll have to anchor better in the NFL.

I thought that Dawand Jones looked like the best OL on the field in this game. I have the game against Iowa queued up next, so we'll see how he progressed.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it is not like they won't re-sign or extend him, after all he is one of the players Gannon was shown coming up to saying he was depending on him to help change the culture and he was the guy Paris mentioned seeing that inspired him working out in the off season

The Cardinals already extended his contract last August. Here is here through the 2025 season.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
This is the only thing I can criticize about this pick. Where is Paris going to play?

Yes, you can play him at G but do you take a G in the top 6?
Do you play him at RT (some players struggle with switching sides)?
He seems like a natural LT but we have a guy locked down until 2025 (that is very well respected in the building).
Cards will cut DJ after this year. He is due $16M in cash with a $23M cap number in both 2024 and 2025.

I think Paris will be LG this year, then transition over to LT in 2024.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Cards will cut DJ after this year. He is due $16M in cash with a $23M cap number in both 2024 and 2025.
but thats not that much -- obvs depends on how he plays, but still

you can't field a playoff quality roster with Kyler + 52 guys who make less than $3mm per cap wise

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

I think Paris will be LG this year, then transition over to LT in 2024.
Why? You need two tackles. Who plays right tackle?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

What you have to love about PJJ is how he positions his body on backside runs to seal the edge. He's just a huge wall on the outside.

OSU wasn't game-planning to protect PJJ here. He was left on the edge quite a bit without help excepting obvious running situations.

He also looks pretty smooth in combination blocks and mirroring down the line on sweeps.

Almost everything else about this game was a little rough. Watch where he places his hands; they get outside the frame too much, especially when his first punch doesn't work. A lot seemed like holds in the NFL.

vs Penn State is next.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard