2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

The thing that coaches and scouts must've loved about PJJ is that he does not make mental errors. Watch this tape and you'll see a variety of stunts and delayed blitzes. PJJ seems to make the right decision every time.

You'll also see him absolutely pancake a DE in the first half-dozen plays.

What you won't see is OSU running behind him. I know he promises violence, but I'm seeing a smart kid with solid physical skills and technique that can use a lot of refinement.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This. So much all of this. I was so sure it was Carter or Wilson and I would have gone ballistic. While I didn't love the pick, I was okay with it.
Thats kinda where im at...as long as this is not the only pick for the line im cool with it.

Honestly... i would trade away everything after the 2nd rd except 1 third just to get another 2nd or 2... grab OC, OG, and TE end the 2nd...grab RB in the third...and go home.

I know many dont want a TE, but there are several really good ones..and they take time

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
PJJ posted a picture of the two of them on his IG story.
Charqui are happy. They won't have to change their packaging.

You must be registered for see images attach
He’ll get his college number as well, number 77 is available

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

PJJ does not make mistakes. I've watched every snap in I think four games now, and he's been flawless in identifying his guy and at least engaging him. In this game his man eventually gets a sack, but it's probably on the quarterback for not finding an option earlier.

A hallmark of the Pats' scouting system is don't talk about what someone can't do; tell me what they can do. PJJ can find a guy to block on every play and at least slow him down.

It's really impressive, and you can see how the Arizona Cardinals found a way to this guy through the process.

Reaction score
Tempering nonsence aside (yes, easier said than done).... I like the moves made last night.

With Levis on the board I wonder if someone will try and leapfrog the Lions to select him?

If we stay put, I'd like to see us targetting Joey Porter Jr. (I think the Steelers take him though) or Tipperman/Schmitz. I'm not sure we'll double down on OL when there are so many glaring needs. Perhaps White or Ojulari.

Hate to be the guy that quotes themselves, but…

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s a day one starter who can play guard or tackle on either side. He’s a foundational player that will be in AZ for many years. The Cards were never sold on Anderson. It will be interesting to see how he fares in Texas. I told you guys early on this is a conservative front office. Taking Johnson was the safest top 10 pick. He’s a solid if not flashy pick.

If the Cards stayed at #3 they were taking Witherspoon. Had him as their highest rated player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m still waiting to hear how good Paris is. Who are his comps? Coming out of college how does he rate against someone of the highest drafted tackles through history? He’s not considered near Thomas or Ogden level. Where would he rate in the becton/Thomas/wills/wirf crew? I’m having a difficult time assessing his talent. Like his attitude and personality. But just difficulty figuring out his talent level.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m still waiting to hear how good Paris is. Who are his comps? Coming out of college how does he rate against someone of the highest drafted tackles through history? He’s not considered near Thomas or Ogden level. Where would he rate in the becton/Thomas/wills/wirf crew? I’m having a difficult time assessing his talent. Like his attitude and personality. But just difficulty figuring out his talent level.
Hump.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of DJ Humphries comparisons mentioned in the couple vids I've watched.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If that’s true I’m disappointed. Hump’s career is what you hope for as a late first round selection but he’s never been considered a top left tackle in the league. I would expect more from the 6th pick in the draft.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If that’s true I’m disappointed. Hump’s career is what you hope for as a late first round selection but he’s never been considered a top left tackle in the league. I would expect more from the 6th pick in the draft.
hump underperformed for years, I think the comp is more the play style

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Hump outperformed his draft position.
Really? Maybe we are playing semantics, but I said we got what you hope to get outta that slot. I think you draft a tackle who came out early at the end of the third quarter of the first round you hope to get exactly what we got: a guy who took some time to develop and then became a solid tackle. Long-time starter, one-time pro bowler. Not dominant. Not a hall of famer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard