2022 Arizona Cardinals Roster Review

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jalen Thompson expecially
Budda Baker makes that situation trickier. Honestly, if we keep Vance long term, moving Budda as long long as Thompson will sign for less would be smart. No reason to pay a S all that money to play deep zone and not get interceptions. Maybe Vance changes how he uses Budda this year, but if not, just wasting a bunch of money.

Maye you can afford both if you want to continue to bargain shop for soft zone CBs...I don't know.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If someone on this board wants to believe that Vance Joseph is anything more than a mediocre NFL DC, go right ahead.
i wouldnt say that

post bye -- the defense gave up 29 points a game with neither rush nor pass defense being any good
What I'm trying to point out is there are posts here quoting the defense's DOVA rankings and saying they were pretty good and the defense ranked fairly high overall yet when it comes to Joseph he catches a lot of heat for having a crappy defense. I don't see how you can have both unless one of them is not what it appears to be. Either the DVOA rankings are pretty accurate and Joseph is a better DC than given credit for or the DOVA is really crap and Joseph is a pretty bad DC.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Budda Baker makes that situation trickier. Honestly, if we keep Vance long term, moving Budda as long long as Thompson will sign for less would be smart. No reason to pay a S all that money to play deep zone and not get interceptions. Maybe Vance changes how he uses Budda this year, but if not, just wasting a bunch of money.

Maye you can afford both if you want to continue to bargain shop for soft zone CBs...I don't know.
The logical choice should be extending the younger and more complete safety in the roster and trading the expensive one who has some limitations on his game and invest the money on a true cb1
But it's more likely the opposite

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
ESPN has an article on best remaining free agents and best fits and Sheldon Richardson was an honorable mention with Cards being best fit. I’d be happy with that move.

Kevin King (CB) was rated #3, and while Cards weren’t best fit I would be happy with that move as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN has an article on best remaining free agents and best fits and Sheldon Richardson was an honorable mention with Cards being best fit. I’d be happy with that move.

Kevin King (CB) was rated #3, and while Cards weren’t best fit I would be happy with that move as well.
We only have like 2M in cap space. No moves are going to be made, unless Keim does a move to free up money first.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have $10+m in Cap space.

The Cards can sign just about any one or two and differ some of the cost if need be.
Your right. This must have been prior to the draft picks signing or something.

Maybe too soon, but I wonder how they handle Gladney's cap number...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bring on all the double K names...

I wouldn't mind King. He knows Budda and what's to lose? See how he works out in camp.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Your right. This must have been prior to the draft picks signing or something.

Maybe too soon, but I wonder how they handle Gladney's cap number...
I believe it goes on a reserve list. They'll have to account for any bonus/guaranteed money that was paid ($2 million per OTC), and it nets a $500k cap savings (I think).

They could go over the signing bonus money, but man, that's a tough look.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I believe it goes on a reserve list. They'll have to account for any bonus/guaranteed money that was paid ($2 million per OTC), and it nets a $500k cap savings (I think).

They could go over the signing bonus money, but man, that's a tough look.
Yeah I'd be a little sickened if they went after that money.