2022 2nd round pick is TE Trey McBride

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So another building block Monti acquired in his 1st year on the job. Just off the top of my head I think that's about 14 new players who should be around for awhile.
14? Who are the 14?

Barnes
White
Pjj
Stills
Fro
Williams (cb)
Carter
Higgins
Wilson
Ojulari

These are guys I think have a better than not chance to stick for a few years and contribute. Who else?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
14? Who are the 14?

Barnes
White
Pjj
Stills
Fro
Williams (cb)
Carter
Higgins
Wilson
Ojulari

These are guys I think have a better than not chance to stick for a few years and contribute. Who else?

Blake Gillikin? Kevin Strong?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The punter? I don’t count those guys personally unless their like the best in the league.

Strong a a long term guy? Eh…
That's why I question marked them. Just trying to help get to 14. ;)

We also get to see if Gaines can get there too.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
People are badly underestimating what McBride can do after a full offseason with Kyler. Not putting him into Kelce territory yet, but with TE being the focal point of the passing game, we don't necessary need a true alpha WR1. I'm perfectly fine building the trenches in the draft, knowing WR is deep and McBride is basically like a top tier WR anyway.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
People are badly underestimating what McBride can do after a full offseason with Kyler. Not putting him into Kelce territory yet, but with TE being the focal point of the passing game, we don't necessary need a true alpha WR1. I'm perfectly fine building the trenches in the draft, knowing WR is deep and McBride is basically like a top tier WR anyway.
Normally I would be inclined to agree, but not with our absolute dearth of talent in the WR room. Brown should be gone, Rondale is a nothing burger, and while I like the Dorture Chamber, he's not a top 3 receiver--keep him as a returner and #4. Wilson you can't count on due to injuries, but if you have two top receivers, I could be convinced to have him as #3. Problem is, we don't have even the hint of a #1 or #2 on the roster. That makes WR a priority for me.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally I would be inclined to agree, but not with our absolute dearth of talent in the WR room. Brown should be gone, Rondale is a nothing burger, and while I like the Dorture Chamber, he's not a top 3 receiver--keep him as a returner and #4. Wilson you can't count on due to injuries, but if you have two top receivers, I could be convinced to have him as #3. Problem is, we don't have even the hint of a #1 or #2 on the roster. That makes WR a priority for me.
I don’t know if I have ever agreed more with you.
Harry shot down the idea of Gabe Davis. Says we could do better. I rule out Higgins or Pittman. Higgins is going to be overpaid and it appears Pittman will be tagged.
So who’s left? Who would you target assuming I’m correct about the top two?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don’t know if I have ever agreed more with you.
Harry shot down the idea of Gabe Davis. Says we could do better. I rule out Higgins or Pittman. Higgins is going to be overpaid and it appears Pittman will be tagged.
So who’s left? Who would you target assuming I’m correct about the top two?
Not sure yet. Really need to let the offseason play out a bit in the approach to FA.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The punter? I don’t count those guys personally unless their like the best in the league.
If you have 14 players that are 'like the best in the league' your team is competing for a SB. Suuuper high bar.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not sure yet. Really need to let the offseason play out a bit in the approach to FA.

A WR room of

MJH
Brown
Wilson
Moore/Dortch

might be good enough to win conference championship. There's a lot of hope in that take though Chief I'm sure you'll agree. But it might be. Brown and Wilson so fragile though. Damn.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard