2022 2nd round pick is TE Trey McBride

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was the guy that found Reddick? Was it the GM before Keim?
Keim started as GM in 2013. People forget he got two consecutive GM of the year awards in 2013 and 2014. Reddick was drafted in 2017 by Keim. And, he was let go by Keim.

For all the slagging he gets, some of which he deserves, he easily has the best record and history of all Arizona GMs. Monti has a long way to go to get a Cardinals team to the NFC championship.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Who was the guy that found Reddick? Was it the GM before Keim?
That was Keim. Though one could definitely argue it was still a bad pick for us because we drafted him to be an ILB and didn't have a scheme suited to his strengths - which is why he flourished elsewhere.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was Keim. Though one could definitely argue it was still a bad pick for us because we drafted him to be an ILB and didn't have a scheme suited to his strengths - which is why he flourished elsewhere.
Until the last season we had him, when he played OLB like he should've all along. He was a good draft pick, but we screwed up in managing him. I am sure Keim was part of that, but it has to go on the coaches too.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Keim started as GM in 2013. People forget he got two consecutive GM of the year awards in 2013 and 2014. Reddick was drafted in 2017 by Keim. And, he was let go by Keim.

For all the slagging he gets, some of which he deserves, he easily has the best record and history of all Arizona GMs. Monti has a long way to go to get a Cardinals team to the NFC championship.
He was also historically inept at times, too, and ran this franchise into the ground. And easily the best record of all AZ GMs is roughly akin to being the best ballet dancer in Galveston.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was also historically inept at times, too, and ran this franchise into the ground. And easily the best record of all AZ GMs is roughly akin to being the best ballet dancer in Galveston.
True, our history is that sad. And, BTW, I think he should've been replaced after the Wilks hire. Definitely not extended again.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This is the absolute best...lol It's better if you can click and get the full screen video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OMG I love this, lol! It's stuck in my head and was the first thing I looked for when I got on the board this morning! :) lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely.
The Cardinals have been on the wrong side of proving this theory many times. You would think they would learn their lesson.
AP > Levi
Urlacher > Thomas Jones
Suggs > Pace/Skillet Hands
Agree, except Suggs was passed up due to legal issues (assault charges). No way Bidwill was going to draft him with that hanging over him.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree, except Suggs was passed up due to legal issues (assault charges). No way Bidwill was going to draft him with that hanging over him.
That is probably a convenient excuse for the organization to save face. That was nothing more than a money grab by one of his former friends, if I recall.
It was no different than the legal issues Christian Kirk had leading up to the draft and we had no problem taking him.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

In the end, he flourished here but was not re-signed.

ARI: 2020 = 12.5 sacks.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is probably a convenient excuse for the organization to save face. That was nothing more than a money grab by one of his former friends, if I recall.
It was no different than the legal issues Christian Kirk had leading up to the draft and we had no problem taking him.
Money grab or not, Suggs was facing felony aggravated assault charges. He wasn't cleared until 2 months after the draft. And Bill Bidwill was still running the team.

That's quite a bit different than the disorderly conduct and property damage charges that Kirk was facing.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which was a complete nothing burger.
It turned out that way, but the charges were enough to keep us from going after him. Which really sucked because of his Valley ties (8th grade through college). At only 20 years old, he was one of the youngest defensive players ever drafted.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His game film highlights from college looked incredible , I wasn’t sure how he would progress after year one but it appears he’s going to be real good

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard