2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot imagine what this board would like if it was a Memphis Grizzlies forum. All those personalities.

That team is in an odd place. They've got talent but man... are they stupid, on and off the court. A wildly entertaining team on the court, but an incredibly stupid and self destructive team on AND off the court. I had little knowledge of the... 'character' of Ja Morant until this last week. Wow... the kindest thing I can say... he has some bad influences in his life.

I think they self destruct in the playoffs. I hope we get to meet them in round 2.

I had been blaming the coach but I think it's apparent now there's bigger issues. I knew Dillon brooks was a problem but I had no idea what type of people were around Morant.

You can see why after a big win streak they've been struggling so much, they have all sorts of personality issues to deal with

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll probably jinx him but man do I owe Klay Thompson an apology, January 27 PPG, 46% 43 from 3. Tonight at the half he has 27 against OKC, 10-14 7-9 from 3 and they took away a 3 on a moving screen or he'd have 30(good call). He's barely touching the net tonight his shot is so pure. He'll never be the defender or athlete he was before but he can still shoot it.

OKC is going to be scary, if they keep SGA and if Holmgren comes back healthy they are going to be REALLY good. Jalen Santa Clara Williams is legit, Aaron Wiggins can play as can Mann and Joe off the bench. Put Chet on that roster with another year of growth and they're really good. They're a borderline playoff team right now, for such a young team they really lock in on defense their problem is they have no rim protection, enter Chet Holmgren next year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man Klay is now 11-15 from 3, 39 points but he won't get a shot at the NBA record of 14 because they're up 25.

Forgot Josh Giddey in the other post too another great young player for OKC.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An NBA player has made 10 threes or more 57 times. 30 by Warriors, 22 by Steph and 8 by Klay.

Klay now 12-16 42

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still all sorts of rumors but the two that seem to have the most "legs" for the Warriors are Wiseman in a deal for Mo Bamba, or Wiseman in a deal for Precious Achiuwa. Bamba has never quite panned out but he's a good player and better than the current version of Wiseman. My belief is Achiuwa is the better fit, better screener and would give the Warriors more toughness. Bamba has tried to fit into the NBA and become a decent 3 point shooter but the Warriors don't need a 5 to make 3's they need a tough guy who rim protects, rebounds and sets screens. Of those, the only thing Bamba does better IMO is rim protection.

The Wiseman thing is weird now, when he has played recently he's been quite good, 15 points in 22 minutes 6-7 from the floor and he's more engaged on defense. But it's apparent Kerr isn't going to trust him this year and there's talk that they're discussing him and/or Moody as possible trades. The best description I heard of him fits the Cards to a T, he's like a young LB who is thinking so much he ends up covering the wrong hole, that's Simmons to a T as an ILB, and it does fit Wiseman on defense at times. he's trying so hard to do the right thing he overthinks and ends up being late.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant isn't expected to play until post All-Star break.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joker with a triple double tonight in the first half against the T Wolves. 18 minutes 19 points 10 boards 10 assists!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So Lebron broke the record. And they're losing to OKC - who has scored 120 points with over 4 minutes still left in the game. Lebron can score, but he can't stop anyone.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All time leading scorer....but still gonna lose and miss the playoffs ....again
Enjoy that bubble championship!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was cool seeing history live with LeBron breaking the record. As soon as he did I turned it off.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was cool seeing history live with LeBron breaking the record. As soon as he did I turned it off.

It would be so much better if he did it in Cleveland. Even if he returned to Miami. His chasing the bright lights of LA really hurts his legacy, IMO. He's an extraordinary talent, no denying that, but the team hopping is a bit ridiculous.

It it is a record we're not likely to see broken for a very long time though. I know scoring is up but for LeBron to be as consistently impactful as he's been is unprecedented.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams telling the Nets they are not going to help them retain KD. LOL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did my job. I did what I was supposed to do. I left my team in 4th place. I was an incredibly selfless leader. I have the self-awareness of a potato. Oh wait, Kyrie forgot to add that last sentence.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose