2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't want to lose Cam Johnson but for Durant, fine. Even Ayton should be on the table, if not to the Nets somewhere else in a 3 team deal that sends whatever to Brooklyn to make it happen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the Suns still do something for Spencer Dinwiddie or Dorian Finney-Smith?

It's worth exploring.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
If we could land KD in what would likely be a 3 team deal in this scenario by only giving up Ayton, Jae, filler and any and all picks…our team would be amazing. Paul Book Mikal KD CamJ as the death lineup. Keep Saric for versatility and have BB and JL get some minutes at the 5 when needed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we could send them Congratulations cards for escaping Luka?

I'm thinking about bringing one of them to the Suns in trade but the Nets probably want too much.

The Nets may have won this trade.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When Luka is subbed out Dinwiddie would run the offensive show. Now they have Kyrie in that role. This just made Dallas a lot tougher to defend. I get their both ball dominate but kyrie has made it work with several other stars. Just think of it as if Dinwiddie got some upgrades. They’re going to be a tough out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Luka is subbed out Dinwiddie would run the offensive show. Now they have Kyrie in that role. This just made Dallas a lot tougher to defend. I get their both ball dominate but kyrie has made it work with several other stars. Just think of it as if Dinwiddie got some upgrades. They’re going to be a tough out.

Although, I'd rather have Dorian Finney-Smith instead of Markieff Morris.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how their personalities will mesh but yeah, they'll each have plenty of touches. Maybe there will be an issue down the stretch of games but I'm sure they'll work that out. But IMO it's just a mild upgrade given they gave up two key players to get him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we could land KD in what would likely be a 3 team deal in this scenario by only giving up Ayton, Jae, filler and any and all picks…our team would be amazing. Paul Book Mikal KD CamJ as the death lineup. Keep Saric for versatility and have BB and JL get some minutes at the 5 when needed.
I think it would take more but I'd be disappointed if we made even this offer for the King of the walking wounded. Durant has missed 264 games over the past 9 seasons and it's only getting worse. That achilles repair makes him more prone to subsequent lower leg injuries. And he's had at least 3 of them since his return and is currently out from his latest MCL sprain. I'd sign him if he were on the street and that's about it.

I predict that whichever team gives up real value for him will be thrilled initially but will eventually consider it the mistake of the century. He's played great so far this season (when he's played), so I'm sure someone will bite - I just hope it isn't us.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I think it would take more but I'd be disappointed if we made even this offer for the King of the walking wounded. Durant has missed 264 games over the past 9 seasons and it's only getting worse. That achilles repair makes him more prone to subsequent lower leg injuries. And he's had at least 3 of them since his return and is currently out from his latest MCL sprain. I'd sign him if he were on the street and that's about it.

I predict that whichever team gives up real value for him will be thrilled initially but will eventually consider it the mistake of the century. He's played great so far this season (when he's played), so I'm sure someone will bite - I just hope it isn't us.
Ayton/Crowder/Picks and Filler for Durant & Claxton

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this from Adrian Wojnarowski.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap consider the CP3 bridge burned

So we offered CP3/Crowder and picks and they said no.

KD ain’t in trade talks he’s off the table from this report also Windy said KD wanted Finey-Smith

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the tweet from Chris Haynes. I wonder if Paul is being actively being shopped elsewhere?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was the tweet from Chris Haynes. I wonder if Paul is being actively being shopped elsewhere?

I would imagine.

I don’t even know who you would get at this point. Murray, Kyrie and SGA was on the block in the offseason and we failed to do anything so now here we are holding the bag

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would imagine.

I don’t even know who you would get at this point. Murray, Kyrie and SGA was on the block in the offseason and we failed to do anything so now here we are holding the bag

This could be awkward for Chris Paul but I imagine he may already know he is being shopped.

I still think the Suns may have lots of options if they aim lower than a superstar.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the Suns didn't offer more than Paul, Crowder and a 1st round pick for Kyrie Irving.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This could be awkward for Chris Paul but I imagine he may already know he is being shopped.

I still think the Suns may have lots of options if they aim lower than a superstar.

But what’s that look like?

VanVleet and Otto Porter work for Paul but why would Toronto do that?

DLO?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But what’s that look like?

VanVleet and Otto Porter work for Paul but why would Toronto do that?

DLO?

I'm not locked onto VanVleet but I suppose the new owner might want to make a splash. However, James Jones didn't push all his chips to the middle of the table for Irving.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty solid offer but yeah I’m not giving 3 1st for Kyrie, now SGA? You can have 4 1st
I'd do that too. Not because I think he's a better player than Irving but because we can expect him to be here long enough to make those picks marginal value.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else wonder if CP3 speaking out in favor of Jae indicated a fracturing between him and Monty. I don't mean caused it, I suspect it's been there for quite a while now.