2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the answer is but the NBA has to fix the quality of the refs. Kings down 1 with 1.3 seconds left against houston, De Aaron Fox takes an off balance 3 and they call a foul on Eric Gordon. The Rockets have no timeouts but the refs review the call to see if the foul happened before time expired. The problem is there is NO FOUL, Gordon didn't touch Fox it was a phantom call. You could actually see the refs when they replayed it they realized OMG that's not a foul but the ref still came over and said the foul happened with .3 on the clock, 3 FT's for FOX. He made the first 2, tried to miss the 3rd on purpose with a balloon ball that went through anyways, and the Kings win the game.

The ref apparently ruled that Gordon made contact hip to hip with Fox but NBA tv had it from 3 angles and it's NOT a foul. Even the Kings players were shaking their heads as they walked off the court.

Can't happen, if you can replay calls you HAVE to be able to say sorry we missed that call it's not a foul game over.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about respect for a defensive player. The Warriors will not dribble the ball against GP2 in tonights game. Whoever he's guarding coming upcourt just immediately passes the ball to someone else. I guess a year of getting picked by him in practice taught them just don't try and dribble against him

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Hart traded to the Knicks, was in the layup line before the game against the Warriors when he was informed he'd been traded.

I don't know what the answer is but the NBA has to fix the quality of the refs. Kings down 1 with 1.3 seconds left against houston, De Aaron Fox takes an off balance 3 and they call a foul on Eric Gordon. The Rockets have no timeouts but the refs review the call to see if the foul happened before time expired. The problem is there is NO FOUL, Gordon didn't touch Fox it was a phantom call. You could actually see the refs when they replayed it they realized OMG that's not a foul but the ref still came over and said the foul happened with .3 on the clock, 3 FT's for FOX. He made the first 2, tried to miss the 3rd on purpose with a balloon ball that went through anyways, and the Kings win the game.

The ref apparently ruled that Gordon made contact hip to hip with Fox but NBA tv had it from 3 angles and it's NOT a foul. Even the Kings players were shaking their heads as they walked off the court.

Can't happen, if you can replay calls you HAVE to be able to say sorry we missed that call it's not a foul game over.

Talk about respect for a defensive player. The Warriors will not dribble the ball against GP2 in tonights game. Whoever he's guarding coming upcourt just immediately passes the ball to someone else. I guess a year of getting picked by him in practice taught them just don't try and dribble against him

You need your own warriors thread here on this suns forum lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "foul" on Eric Gordon. Blowing up online.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The "foul" on Eric Gordon. Blowing up online.

I need another angle, the way he missed and the way his body moved looks like there might have been some contact to his hip. IF there was any it wasn't much, but it may have been there.

Was there a view from the other side?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need another angle, the way he missed and the way his body moved looks like there might have been some contact to his hip. IF there was any it wasn't much, but it may have been there.

On NBA tv they had 3 angles none of them showed contact. But that's the one that everyone seems to have online.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

actually I take it back the 2nd angle on this one actually does show contact. They didn't show this one on NBA tv. I still don't like the call it won the game but there IS contact I'll admit that.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
actually I take it back the 2nd angle on this one actually does show contact. They didn't show this one on NBA tv. I still don't like the call it won the game but there IS contact I'll admit that.

Yeah you gotta contest and get outta the way. Whether or not it was a lot of contact, Fox wasn’t making that shot so why put yourself in that situation…tough loss for the Rockets but they’re tanking anyway lol.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you gotta contest and get outta the way. Whether or not it was a lot of contact, Fox wasn’t making that shot so why put yourself in that situation…tough loss for the Rockets but they’re tanking anyway lol.

Yeah if I'd have seen that replay I wouldn't have made the first post. I still don't like the call I don't think that was a natural shooting motion by Fox but there is contact so you CAN defend the call.

I guess NBA tv airs local broadcasts, and the one I saw it on was a Rockets crew and they didn't have that replay.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie and Luka are going to be a handful if tonight is any indication. They actually looked good together.

Thank god we got KD.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie and Luka are going to be a handful if tonight is any indication. They actually looked good together.

Thank god we got KD.
Luka is still out with that heel injury but yeah, Irving and the Mavs looked good together.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was expecting Kyrie to look good out there without Luka on the court. It's when they have to share the ball. Unless you can get Kyrie to come off the bench, and you lower Luka's minutes. I will have to see both Luka and Kyrie playing together. I just can't picture it yet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Weird. Seeing the play from behind Gordon clearly makes contact with fox. It was a foul to me.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers get DLO. Suns get KD. KD > DLO! Check Mate!
Hey, at least you guys now have two players on your roster that have actually won championships before.

:bday:

Glad we dumped Westbrook finally. We haven't had a player in the top 50 in 3-point shooting all season. Now we have Russell and Beasley who are both in the top 15 in the league.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Potential buy out adds?

PG- Goran Dragic
SF- Eric Gordon
PF- Thaddeus Young
PF- Kevin Love
C- Nerlens Noel

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Potential buy out adds?

PG- Goran Dragic
SF- Eric Gordon
PF- Thaddeus Young
PF- Kevin Love
C- Nerlens Noel
Love would be good. I guess Gordon would be ok, but doubt he gets cut.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I was expecting Kyrie to look good out there without Luka on the court. It's when they have to share the ball. Unless you can get Kyrie to come off the bench, and you lower Luka's minutes. I will have to see both Luka and Kyrie playing together. I just can't picture it yet.
I think it will be fine. Kyrie is a great shooter and doesn’t need the ball in his hands all the time to score. Actually last night he didn’t handle the ball for large portions of the game when he was on the floor. It will be a better version of jalen Brunson and luka (if you look at last years playoffs) who both were great playing together and playing without the other. For me it’s a positive of how well the mavs roll players played with Kyrie straight away against a good team.

With that said the Mavericks might not go as far as last season. The WC is stacked especially now with what phx did. I’m excited to see if anymore trades go down. For Dallas I’m kind of ok if they do nothing else because they have some guys that are making the most of opportunities that they were not getting before.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose