2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some team is willing to offer three first rond picks for O.G. Anunoby. Suns?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The west is only 99 percent wide-open, because the Suns could shoot all the way back up to #2, but the Nougats Nuggets have a rather firm grip on the first slot? What do you predict?--will the Nuggets probably win the west and go to the Finals, or will they suffer another embarrassing early upset? I suppose someone will upset the Nuggets just because the Nuggets never reach the finals.

If the Suns fought to the WCF against them, I could not expect the Suns to win. I wonder who is the Nuggets' kryptonite if they have any.
The Nuggets issue(s) have been injuries. No more the last 2 playoffs and MPJ has that back injury. Denver wasn’t favored to beat the Suns is 21’ or the Warriors in 22’. This may be their best shot.

The Warriors are the team they probably matchup the worst with because they can “contain” Joker. If it’s not GS, I think Denver, Phoenix, Dallas comes out of the West. Suns are playing better but who knows how the playoffs will pan out. I think the Mavs are gonna be a tough out and I don’t trust Memphis yet. Too young and idk if Ja is consistent enough as a shooter still despite his athleticism. Give me anyone out of the west accept Golden State lol

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Yea the west playoffs are going to be a war. Every first round matchup will be no joke for every team. Nuggets or Memphis could easily end up facing GS in round 1 haha

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers are about to get D Russel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really care what he does in basketball. I'm talking about his personal life. It's regrettable that Irving has a number of ignorant and wrong beliefs, such as hating Jews and believing the moon landing was faked; but at least he publicly admitted he thought it. How else is the man going to eventually realize he's wrong. I suspect that many NBA players believe the same thing, but hide it. (Also, having only just found out another of Irving's personal beliefs, I'm not really surprised he's anti-Semitic.)

So someone would quote Lincoln--"better to remain silent and be thought a fool"? I admire raw honesty, right or wrong, so much that I've never been sure whether I accept Lincoln's quotation. I find it just another way of saying "Don't speak your mind or people will laugh at you."
Except he didn’t realize he was wrong. He deleted his “apology” to Jewish people on Twitter the second he was traded.

Lauding that antisemite for “speaking his truth” is beyond offensive.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers deal a done deal. They get D. Russell.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of like that for Minnesota. D'Lo didn't work there with Ant. Conley makes things a bit clearer. D'Lo was leaving at seasons end anyways and now they have Conley as a stop gap PG who is actually a PG. They couldn't throw in the towel and tank since Utah owns all their picks. Least Utah sort of helped them out a little here by giving them something in place of Russell.

They aren't contenders or anything but they're a viable play in team. Still think they should move KAT because they're stuck with Gobert but with his latest injuries they weren't going to get even half value. I imagine KAT will be dealt this summer in an attempt to retool around Ant and Gobert.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Hart traded to the Knicks, was in the layup line before the game against the Warriors when he was informed he'd been traded.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave