ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
33 Year old AJ Green running by Malcolm Butler...

Week 1 will tell us a lot.

I will say that Karlos Dansby? said that he has never seen a guy practice as hard as AJ Green. At Purdue they said Moore practiced so hard they feared he was going to get injured. His mph/volume of reps were insane.

So they are basically the opposite of DHOP when it comes to practice, lol. Lets hope it translates to games for AJ/Moore this year.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what Rondale can do during preseason. McCoy already in love with him so we can expect a lot of targets going his way.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Love that play by Collins. Looked very fluid in his movements and found the right area in front of the WR.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t know if KM can see short receivers or his timing needs to catch up with Moore’s speed

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know if KM can see short receivers or his timing needs to catch up with Moore’s speed
Instead of throwing off his backfoot I hope he adds the Drew Brees "tiptoes throw" to his game. If his feet arent going to be great I'd rather his vision be clearer. Could be a speed adjustment though.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was at the stadium (07/31) and watched all 2 hours of practice as much as my kids would allow me to do. The crowd was decent size. May be 4000+. Players were not in pads.

My focus was on offense. Here are the observations:

1. Kliff doesn't care about defense. I mean absolutely freaking didn't even peek at or watch the practice/drills. If the defense is good or bad, Kliff has nothing to do with it.

2. In 11-on-11 drills, defense got the better of offense today. They likely had 4 sacks atleast.

3. In 11-on-11 drills the reps were split evenly between Murray, McCoy and Strevler. I have no freaking idea why it was this way.

4. Kyler in 11-on-11 was below par. He got about 20 snaps. Three or four were three nice throws even one for touch down but the rest was bad. Got intercepted once, missed a couple and basically he was all over the place imo. Kyler may be the same version (before the injurty) of himself as last year. Is this good? Hmmmm...

5. There were a few throws behind the line of scrimmage. These are by design. Yup, same as last year.

6. I have to admit (not counting DHOP) #18 AJ Green is the best receiver by FAR in the WR group. Murray appeared to look for him. AJ also has the size. Almost the reason why #11 is not on the team. Green, if healthy, will have the 2nd most catches on the team.

7. This is the last year for Kirk with the Cardinals.

8. RB #41 (I had to look up it was Khalfani Muhammad) had some juice and speed when he had the ball.

9. James Conner was invisible to me. I didn't know his jersey number until I returned home and looked up. Did he practice today?

10. #85 Rondale moore is physically a better version of Kirk. Is he better than Kirk? May be. He does appear to be the guy with the most fly, corner, post routes. Nothing stood out from him except for one catch (which I think it was him)

11. Except during 11-on-11 drills, every player on 90 man roster was in some drill or practice. This was good.

That is all. Stay Safe.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I will say that Karlos Dansby? said that he has never seen a guy practice as hard as AJ Green. At Purdue they said Moore practiced so hard they feared he was going to get injured. His mph/volume of reps were insane.

So they are basically the opposite of DHOP when it comes to practice, lol. Lets hope it translates to games for AJ/Moore this year.

I can attest that DHop is a "relaaaxxxxx, it is just practice" type of guy at practice based on my observations today. But his numbers speak for themselves. so

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Everyone knows I wanted Waddle but Moore is a nice consolation prize IF he can stay healthy he will be very good.

I wanted to get AJ Green last year so getting him the way we did worked out for us. Again if he can stay healthy he's a very good addition for Kyler.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

All of this from a practice without pads? I don't think we can take anything away from that. Kudos to the fans providing updates, though--great to have reporters on the inside that aren't just throwing out fluff stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave