2021 Training Camp Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most important bit of info in camp so far is that Murphy is starting outside in base and Butler only comes on in nickel.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Most important bit of info in camp so far is that Murphy is starting outside in base and Butler only comes on in nickel.
Um, what? Seriously? That would be stupid on a level that is beyond stupid. Let's hope they're just tinkering with things early in camp, because who ELSE would be starting outside? I mean, I don't want Murphy on the outside at all, as he just isn't suited to it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Early indications from who? Some Chimbo that went to the practice ? It's been less than a week of practice. Lots of things can change before the season starts.

I am sorry the Chimbo didn't report to your liking. Very regretful.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um, what? Seriously? That would be stupid on a level that is beyond stupid. Let's hope they're just tinkering with things early in camp, because who ELSE would be starting outside? I mean, I don't want Murphy on the outside at all, as he just isn't suited to it.

That's how it's been every practice so far.

Alford and Murphy are outside in 3-4. When they go to nickel Murphy moves to the slot and Butler comes on.

I don't mind this so much as we are in nickel most of the time and this ensures our young pick #33 is on the field all the time. He needs to develop outside.

But it begs the question. If he is considered better than Butler outside then when don't they put him their permanently and play Dennard in the slot or sign someone?

Of course, they may just be testing Murphy early in camp to see if he can handle outside while playing in shorts. It all might change when they get into pads and things get more serious.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? Because by mid season every team knew exactly what we were going to do and when and how to stop us.

Exactly, and if Kliff didn't change anything during the season, why would you expect him to change now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kliff's offense changed very slightly in year 2. I don't expect miracles this year as he has more pressure over his head. it seems more likely he will bunker in and go with what he knows.

BUT!!!!

If he doesn't move our WR's around more pre-snap or post snap, and DHop has the same left side snap bias, I may go insane.

Horizontal passes, no pre-snap movement, and an inability to scheme his players open via differences with where they line up continue to drive me crazy.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Kliff's offense changed very slightly in year 2. I don't expect miracles this year as he has more pressure over his head. it seems more likely he will bunker in and go with what he knows.

BUT!!!!

If he doesn't move our WR's around more pre-snap or post snap, and DHop has the same left side snap bias, I may go insane.

Horizontal passes, no pre-snap movement, and an inability to scheme his players open via differences with where they line up continue to drive me crazy.
But, but, but Dr. Jones, it worked at Texas Tech, why wouldn't it work here? Sincerely, Kliff.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

BUT!!!!

D-Hop -YEAR ONE - 115 catches, 1407 yards - 6tds.

Whether to the left or moving him around, he invariably will be covered by the best CB.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The good ole sacked 2 times but throw it deep anyway.

At least AJ shows he can get downfield.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

ISABELLA COME BACK TO THE BALL

Jojo might challenge Andy

Edit: I'm probably being too tough on Andy. Good play by DB and clearly Kyler/Andy arent in rhythm yet.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson