2021 Training Camp Thread

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Cards first team offense can’t cash in during a fictitious game winning drive scenario (down 4 with time winding down)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Second team offense can’t move the ball at all in similar game winning drive scenario.. a whole lot of boring from the offense (though Green and Moore are out, and didn’t see Hop much).

MA Display

Reaction score
Hate to be Debbie downer but I'm finding it really challenging to get up for the Cardinals this year.
The energy of practice absolutely sucked when I attended last week...

Fraught with penalties, 0 clock awareness in the 2 minute drill, and Kliff not giving a damn to fix it.

Im not certain why I would expect more from a failed college coach, but here I am.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to be Debbie downer but I'm finding it really challenging to get up for the Cardinals this year.

yeah. I’m about to leave Phoenix after being here for three months. I soaked up every single bit of Suns coverage I could during the playoffs and in the days and now weeks after, even driving around once a day for about an hour just to listen to talk radio.

whenever the talk turns to the Cardinals, I pretty much mentally check out. Even change the channel. Haven’t read a single article about them in the paper once in three months. I think last year’s ugly bottom out in the second half dulled my confidence in KK and that general feeling only doubled down after watching us make a host of off-season pickups that I’m very dubious of.

Year 1 of this experiment I went in with zero expectations but wildly curious to see what the hell KK was gonna be like and very excited to see what K1 was going to be like.

Year 2, after what I thought was a great off-season, I was SUPER bullish on our prospects, even going so far to predict us a dark horse to WIN the Super Bowl.

year 3... who REALLY hoping the team turns that pilot light in for me. I LIVE for football season. Last time I felt like this was the last time I heard the rallying cry of ALL IN. It was Arians’ last year, I thought it was pretty clear that we did NOT go all in and we were staring 8-8 in the face. That’s exactly what we got and I just have that same feeling going into this season.

Year 1 of this experiment I went in with zero expectations but wildly curious to see what the hell KK was gonna be like and very excited to see what K1 was going to be like.

Year 2, after what I thought was a great off-season, I was SUPER bullish on our prospects, even going so far to predict us a dark horse to WIN the Super Bowl.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm flat on the Cards, and by extension, the NFL. I don't have the energy to even darkside here anymore. That's probably a good thing. Low expectations will let me enjoy games week to week. But I miss getting excited before the season.

Rondale Moore looks pretty cool though, I'll give him that. AJ Green is a darkhorse I'll draft in fantasy in the later rounds.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Kyler is saving his best for the season because he sucked yesterday. Multiple picks. Multiple overthrows. Ugly.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why, I'm excited, and naturally, injuries are just so important on how the team will do. Consider:
1. JJ Watt
2. AJ Green
3. Rodney Hudson
4. Rondale Moore
5. BIG Improvement at CB (Alford, Butler, Dennard, Wilson) have all earned kudos.
6. Chandler Jones seems healthy. Markus Golden seems happy.
7. I do have a question about the RB's, and no pass catching TE's.
8. Growth of KM, as he knows he's playing for Josh Allen money.
9. Colt McCoy
10.We have a kicker who will make the kicks he should make.
11.Murphy and Allen seem, much improved.
12.I forgot to mention our two former #1 ILB's.

That said, while Im looking forward to the three PS games, I realize that the team will err on the side of caution, and hold most of the guys I want to see, from playing. And that will encourage the "gloom and doom" posters to go crazy. But I'm excited.

Last edited:

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I see the reasonable potential for improvement in every area of the team except tight end. With the draft, free agent additions, and development of young players, I expect this team to win 9-11 games and be a solid playoff contender. The addition of a reliable placekicker alone should mean an extra win or two this season. I for one am really stoked for the upcoming season.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
So what we are hearing is that the team is undisciplined and unorganized?

Sounds like the last 2 years

KM making the same mistakes as last year

I get it that it's only camp

But practice bad, play bad IMO
Let’s just hope KM is one of those who practice bad and blooms “when the lights are on”…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So what we are hearing is that the team is undisciplined and unorganized?

Sounds like the last 2 years

KM making the same mistakes as last year

I get it that it's only camp

But practice bad, play bad IMO
And a metric crap ton of injury issues. Don't forget that. I mean, they're being downplayed by KK, but it just reminds me of...

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson