2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not sure what he has left in the tank, but he owes us.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm just wondering...is there a way cap wise to make an Ayton for KAT trade work? I think we could potentially sell high on Ayton and buy low on Kat. If we are all in to win a title, I think Kat does more to get us there than Ayton.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Suns quiet for a reason? May be more to the Shamet deal.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
We are over the cap with no trade exceptions. We unfortunately could not of made the Paschall trade.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've jumped from two other threads, and I'm starting to think you are obsessed with this topic.

Wouldn't you be if your team was this close to a championship and illogically insisted on playing a freaking shooting guard at power forward and possibly even center? That type of thinking literally just led to the total destruction of the Houston Rockets.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We are over the cap with no trade exceptions. We unfortunately could not of made the Paschall trade.

Couldn't we have used the Saric Disabled Player Exemption? Isn't this the last year of Paschall's contract?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be if your team was this close to a championship and illogically insisted on playing a freaking shooting guard at power forward and possibly even center? That type of thinking literally just led to the total destruction of the Houston Rockets.

Signing a bunch of toxic players led to the destruction of the Rockets.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Couldn't we have used the Saric Disabled Player Exemption? Isn't this the last year of Paschall's contract?
We can’t even apply for the DPE yet. Saric is just getting the surgery this week and we have to wait to apply until the surgery is complete and he is reviewed by a third party doctor to determine if he will miss 100% of the season or not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wizards to acquire Spencer Dinwiddie.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just wondering...is there a way cap wise to make an Ayton for KAT trade work? I think we could potentially sell high on Ayton and buy low on Kat. If we are all in to win a title, I think Kat does more to get us there than Ayton.

Ewwwww.

Have you watched KAT? He is a putrid defender, there is a reason the T'Wolves stink and players who want to compete have forced their way out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This must be the super trade Eric Pincus was talking about. I don't know what the Suns would get out of it if they got involved.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We're also in Golden State's division so a direct playoff rival. I can see them choosing to ship him out of the division vs in when all returns are equal, or close to equal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve always wondered why hart never became a better player. He doesn’t seem to have any big deficiencies in his game, has some elements at which he excels, and seems to always pay hard.

I really liked Josh Hart even when he started out with the Lakers. He averaged 2.3 assists to 1 turnover last season so he might be able to be a third point guard. The Suns should give him a look.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked Josh Hart even when he started out with the Lakers. He averaged 2.3 assists to 1 turnover last season so he might be able to be a third point guard. The Suns should give him a look.

Pretty sure he's a restricted free agent. If he's not, I'd give him a look. I don't see him as a PG so much as a better wing than Nader. He has a more complete game than him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's a restricted free agent. If he's not, I'd give him a look. I don't see him as a PG so much as a better wing than Nader. He has a more complete game than him.

When filling out the roster I think it's sort of like the draft. It's BPA if a team has room.

You're right, he is a RFA so the Pelicans probably want compensation.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When filling out the roster I think it's sort of like the draft. It's BPA if a team has the room.

You're right, he is a RFA.

I got nothing against signing him but I doubt he'd have much interest since we don't have minutes we can promise him. He'd probably make the rotation but I imagine he's interested in a payday or a chance to get a big payday with a decent sized role.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got nothing against signing him but I doubt he'd have much interest since we don't have minutes we can promise him. He'd probably make the rotation but I imagine he's interested in a payday or a chance to get a big payday with a decent sized role.

When I first mentioned Hart I didn't realize he was a RFA. That changes things unless he wanted to come here on the cheap. I doubt that is going to happen and then there is the matter of compensation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned Isaiah Hartenstein (C) earlier as an option but I have only seen him play once that I can remember but he caught my attention.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I mentioned Isaiah Hartenstein (C) earlier as an option but I have only seen him play once that I can remember but he caught my attention.

G Leaguer who produced okay in garbage time for the Cavs last year and otherwise has done nothing noteworthy in the NBA for 4 years (though unlike Stix, he at least did something in the G League). Suns passed on him to select Davon Reed in the second round of the 2017 draft. One of the few options out there who would be worse than Frank Kaminsky.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose