2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we get Bender back I'm goin on a bender.
We need a PF that eats nails, glass and live babies.
A PF that makes Lawrence Taylor look like a maitre d.
Or as close as we can get

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we get Bender back I'm goin on a bender.
We need a PF that eats nails, glass and live babies.
A PF that makes Lawrence Taylor look like a maitre d.
Or as close as we can get

We're not getting that guy, neither the steroid-laden version of LT nor the pillow soft Bender.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There have been few instances where someone can comparatively make LT look like a maitre de and the only incident like that close a basketball court was the Malice at the Palace. Has anyone seen that new documentary series on Netflix about the Malice at the Palace?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There have been few instances where someone can comparatively make LT look like a maitre de and the only incident like that close a basketball court was the Malice at the Palace. Has anyone seen that new documentary series on Netflix about the Malice at the Palace?

I still say those fans deserved that ass whooping. You throw and hit a grown man with a drink you should fully expect to get cracked

oh and the dude who ran down from the stands on to the court trying to play victim was a joke.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will have to check it out. I was watching that live when it happened, easily the craziest sports moment I've seen live. Total chaos, hard to believe there were no serious injuries.

The highlight of it for me was some tubby Pistons fan running onto the court and pimping for the camera only to have Jermaine O'Neal come flying in from the side with a running haymaker.

I also recall they had a camera recording in the tunnel as the Pacers went through after the brawl and most of them cleeeearly had no idea what **** they were in, they seemed amped to have handled it as a team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will have to check it out. I was watching that live when it happened, easily the craziest sports moment I've seen live. Total chaos, hard to believe there were no serious injuries.

The highlight of it for me was some tubby Pistons fan running onto the court and pimping for the camera only to have Jermaine O'Neal come flying in from the side with a running haymaker.

I also recall they had a camera recording in the tunnel as the Pacers went through after the brawl and most of them cleeeearly had no idea what **** they were in, they seemed amped to have handled it as a team.

Yeah that fat guy getting rocked by Jermaine O'Neil made me a fan of Jermaine.

I feel bad for the guy who caught the initial wrath of Artest because he was innocent. The cup thrower jumped to the side and blamed him for it, which was a total ***** move.

The whole incident was bizarre. Looking back on it, its still kind of hard to believe it happened but at the time it wasn't that out of sorts. Not like it was expected or was bound to happen but it wasn't that unfathomable. Nowadays I couldn't imagine anything like that happening. The early 00's were just a different time. After 9/11 nothing was all that surprising and a brawl involving 2 pro teams and fans just didn't seem that big of a deal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I feel bad for the guy who caught the initial wrath of Artest because he was innocent. The cup thrower jumped to the side and blamed him for it, which was a total ***** move.

The whole incident was bizarre. Looking back on it, its still kind of hard to believe it happened but at the time it wasn't that out of sorts. Not like it was expected or was bound to happen but it wasn't that unfathomable. Nowadays I couldn't imagine anything like that happening. The early 00's were just a different time. After 9/11 nothing was all that surprising and a brawl involving 2 pro teams and fans just didn't seem that big of a deal.

Sometime around then the Dodgers had a scary brawl with fans at, I think, Wrigley. I know it was nothing on the scale of the that night in Detroit though.

But yeah, it is hard to imagine now. Partly because the players have got to be aware that they'll be suspended for, literally, years if they did something like that. And fans who act like that now would get banned from the arena and charged with assault. I know a few fans did get charged in Detroit but I don't remember anything serious coming of it.

Also, if an entire arena went crazy like all those Piston fans throwing tons of stuff at players and multiple fans fighting on the court their team would probably be forced to play in an empty arena for a few weeks, like how in Europe soccer teams who's fans shout racist stuff and throw stuff on the field end up getting huge sections of their stadiums barred from seating.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Artest and O'Neil are lucky "Suns in four" guy wasn't there.
I loved every second of the Malice in the Palace. If you have never heard Bill Burr talk about it look it up.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I remember watching it live - you couldn't believe it was real. Bill Walton narrating all of it was even more surreal.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sometime around then the Dodgers had a scary brawl with fans at, I think, Wrigley. I know it was nothing on the scale of the that night in Detroit though.

But yeah, it is hard to imagine now. Partly because the players have got to be aware that they'll be suspended for, literally, years if they did something like that. And fans who act like that now would get banned from the arena and charged with assault. I know a few fans did get charged in Detroit but I don't remember anything serious coming of it.

Also, if an entire arena went crazy like all those Piston fans throwing tons of stuff at players and multiple fans fighting on the court their team would probably be forced to play in an empty arena for a few weeks, like how in Europe soccer teams who's fans shout racist stuff and throw stuff on the field end up getting huge sections of their stadiums barred from seating.
I forget which baseball team had a fan night of giving out full size bats as a promo. That night ended in a brawl with fans wielding full size bats as weapons. Humans are stupid. Anyone that thinks they can throw a drink on a dude literally twice their size and get away with it is crazy!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oof, well the Clippers just got worse.

Wonder if the Grizzlies will flip or buyout Beverley and Rondo. Not that the Suns should be interested. I just can't see both kept since they already have Tyus Jones and Melton backing up Morant.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bledsoe’s 4th team in 4 years. He’s a loser.

He never played for the Grizzlies so they don't really count. I'm not saying he's good or valuable but I don't get the idea of putting a player down because they've been on X teams in X years. Chris Paul was on 4 teams in 4 years and he made All NBA on all of them. Players get moved, it happens. Look at how many teams Crowder has been on. He doesn't suck. That sort of putdown doesn't make sense, IMO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He never played for the Grizzlies so they don't really count. I'm not saying he's good or valuable but I don't get the idea of putting a player down because they've been on X teams in X years. Chris Paul was on 4 teams in 4 years and he made All NBA on all of them. Players get moved, it happens. Look at how many teams Crowder has been on. He doesn't suck. That sort of putdown doesn't make sense, IMO.

Suns
Bucks
Pelicans
Grizzlies (didn’t play)
Clippers

CP3 was wanted by the Rockets and Suns to compete and he makes everyone better. There’s no correlation with Bledsoe who’s just getting dumped around.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers save $30 million with the trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns
Bucks
Pelicans
Grizzlies (didn’t play)
Clippers

CP3 was wanted by the Rockets and Suns to compete and he makes everyone better. There’s no correlation with Bledsoe who’s just getting dumped around.

I'm saying the number of teams someone has been on isn't an indicator of being good or bad. Like you noted with Paul, there are reasons some guys get moved and its not only negative reasons.

I mean you could just say that X number of teams have given up on Bledsoe but simply pointing out he's been on X number of teams in X years on its own doesn't say anything on its own.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oof, well the Clippers just got worse.

Wonder if the Grizzlies will flip or buyout Beverley and Rondo. Not that the Suns should be interested. I just can't see both kept since they already have Tyus Jones and Melton backing up Morant.
Well. That's a relief. Unless we face the Grizz in the playoffs. . .

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Say what you want about Beverley his defense gave us headaches and he brought a lot of attitude to the Clippers I just don’t get why the Clippers would do this.

Bledsoe is just so bad and the exact opposite of a competitor as Pat Bev

but as a Suns fan this is awesome

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson