2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So some are saying Kevin Love is going to get bought out and come here as a back up. I thought he was going to retire. Does he have anything left?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So some are saying Kevin Love is going to get bought out and come here as a back up. I thought he was going to retire. Does he have anything left?

Is that wishful thinking on fans behalf or has a legit source floated that possibility? I've seen fans suggesting that on Reddit for a while but nothing to back it up.

Kevin Love seems to be one of those players that some Suns fans are always interested in. I got it back when he was on the Wolves but the current Kevin Love is done.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex is saying that Love could come over after a buyout

Love couldn't even stay healthy for 3-4 weeks for Team USA. I doubt he'd be much help, if any. That's if he even gets bought out. He still has 2 years and almost $60 million left on his contract.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
in other news, his agent has been fired.

wow what a terrible decision it was to turn down 4/84.
He has no one to blame but himself. Number 1 the agent works for him.

Number 2 his sorry performance in the playoffs tanked his contract prospects.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love couldn't even stay healthy for 3-4 weeks for Team USA. I doubt he'd be much help, if any. That's if he even gets bought out. He still has 2 years and almost $60 million left on his contract.
If he gets into shape he could help a team like ours. The problem is, you just can't depend on him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would obviously prefer Young over Love - but if he costs assets and Love cost nothing, Love is probably the better deal if he can stay healthy at all.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would say his sprained ankle tanked his performance in the playoffs. He came through for us when we needed him to until he twisted that ankle early in game 3 against the Clippers. He wasn't the same after that. I think it was the same ankle that hurt him off and on during the season.

EDIT: Feel free to ignore, I'm in the wrong conversation.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would say his sprained ankle tanked his performance in the playoffs. He came through for us when we needed him to until he twisted that ankle early in game 3 against the Clippers. He wasn't the same after that. I think it was the same ankle that hurt him off and on during the season.

I thought he was talking about Dennis Schroeder?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he was talking about Dennis Schroeder?

He was. I just lost my mind there for a little while. My damned internet (Spectrum) keeps going out (for a few months now) and I lost track of what I was reading.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

This. People always say players should fire their agent after bad deals but he guy can’t put a gun to his client’s head and force him to sign. A lot of these guys aren’t smart and have huge egos thinking they’re star players.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd absolutely take Love on a minimum contract as a backup that we're only asking to play 10-15 minutes a game. I wouldn't want him as a starter but in a reserve role we're not going to find anyone like that available.

That said, he is an LA guy, if he gets bought out I think he signs with one of those teams.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This. People always say players should fire their agent after bad deals but he guy can’t put a gun to his client’s head and force him to sign. A lot of these guys aren’t smart and have huge egos thinking they’re star players.
I guess it depends on the advice he was given.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Westbrook is going to be better in LA than people think. Just an tangential thought. A big three of LeBron, AD, and Westbrook is pretty formidable. If healthy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Westbrook is going to be better in LA than people think. Just an tangential thought. A big three of LeBron, AD, and Westbrook is pretty formidable. If healthy.

Westbrook has seen a decline in his athletic ability. The drop off has been more significant that Lebrons has before the 20-21 season. We will see how light lebron gets, i suspect he'll de-bulk even more. They'll go as far as AD can go, if he decides to work on his body, he too could shed some bulk.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Westbrook has seen a decline in his athletic ability. The drop off has been more significant that Lebrons has before the 20-21 season. We will see how light lebron gets, i suspect he'll de-bulk even more. They'll go as far as AD can go, if he decides to work on his body, he too could shed some bulk.

he averaged a triple double last year again and led the league in assist.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he averaged a triple double last year again and led the league in assist.

His efficiency has dropped each year the last 4 seasons. In the playoffs when teams scheme more he's been really bad, teams deny him the lane by backing off and begging him to shoot, he obliges and misses 70% of the time.

He might be just about the worst "star" I could picture pairing alongside LeBron. I would have been much more concerned if they'd traded for Buddy Hield, that is the exact kind of player they needed.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm still just in absolute awe that there was pages of discussion comparing Bridges to Kelly Freaking Oubre.

Perhaps Kelly getting to FA and lasting as long as he did was a mystery as well?

Bridges is the Marion of our time with a much better attitude and Oubre is a black hole that was addition by subtraction. His summer league "injury" was probably the best thing that happened to this team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still just in absolute awe that there was pages of discussion comparing Bridges to Kelly Freaking Oubre.

Perhaps Kelly getting to FA and lasting as long as he did was a mystery as well?

Bridges is the Marion of our time with a much better attitude and Oubre is a black hole that was addition by subtraction. His summer league "injury" was probably the best thing that happened to this team.

I've seen posters compare Marion to Bridges but they don't remind me of each other. Yes, they are both versatile, good defensively and team players.

Marion was athletically off the charts, a tremendous leaper and an excellent rebounder. He mostly played power for the Suns but had an awkward push shot. I'm not sure how to describe it but it was not pretty although it was effective.

Bridges is athletic in his own right but not as explosive as Marion. He has nice form on his shot, likely the better career shooter and has good lateral quickness as well.

I'm thinking there must be better comparisons.

Here is a stat comparison of both players after their third year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've seen posters compare Marion to Bridges but they don't remind me of each other. Yes, they are both versatile, good defensively and team players.

Marion was athletically off the charts, a tremendous leaper and an excellent rebounder. He mostly played power for the Suns but had an awkward push shot. I'm not sure how to describe it but it was not pretty although it was effective.

Bridges is athletic in his own right but not as explosive as Marion. He has nice form on his shot, likely the better career shooter and has good lateral quickness as well.

I'm thinking there must be better comparisons.

Here is a stat comparison of both players after their third year.

I agree 100%. I don't see the Marion comparison other than they're both the key defender on the team. Mikal more because of his skill, Marion was more out of necessity. Marion was a good defender on an awful defensive team while Mikal is a great defender on a good defensive team. That's pretty much where the comparison ends.

I see more Dan Majerle or Cedric Ceballos in Mikal. Like Majerle's play in Cedric's frame, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I don't see the Marion comparison other than they're both the key defender on the team. Mikal more because of his skill, Marion was more out of necessity. Marion was a good defender on an awful defensive team while Mikal is a great defender on a good defensive team. That's pretty much where the comparison ends.

I see more Dan Majerle or Cedric Ceballos in Mikal. Like Majerle's play in Cedric's frame, if that makes sense.

I like the Dan Majerle comparison much better especially a young Dan Majerle.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the Dan Majerle comparison much better especially a young Dan Majerle.

If Mikal could learn to attack the basket like Majerle used to that would be a big improvement. He's not as quick of a shooter from outside but he's accurate so I wouldn't worry about changing his game much from behind the 3pt line, its inside that needs work. He's one of the only guys on our team that doesn't pump fake much, if at all. If he added a fake then it would open things up a little more for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson