2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say what you want about Beverley his defense gave us headaches and he brought a lot of attitude to the Clippers I just don’t get why the Clippers would do this.

Bledsoe is just so bad and the exact opposite of a competitor as Pat Bev

but as a Suns fan this is awesome

I can think of 30 million reasons.

Also maybe the Clippers decided to improve their image.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The Clippers must not think they can get past everyone in the West. This trade makes them worse for sure. Bledsoe? Really?!?!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Clippers must not think they can get past everyone in the West. This trade makes them worse for sure. Bledsoe? Really?!?!
Yeah that doesn't make them better at all, it's most likely a step back. And I'm ok with that.
The only better outcome I could see is if somehow the Suns got Pat Beverly just so CP3 could torture him for a season or two.
Or we could sell his contract to the Siberian Tundra Rats.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think the Clippers will be that much worse than last year. They dealt 2 backup PG's for another backup PG. I don't recall Rondo playing in our series and while Beverley is a pest, Bledsoe can be also if he buys in and is a better offensive player than Beverley. Regardless of Beverley or Bledsoe though, Reggie Jackson will be their starting PG, or he should be.

Considering the savings, its not really a bad deal for them.

They're not getting out of the West without a healthy Kawhi anyways.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let someone else sign him so we can drop 20 points in 4 minutes everytime he steps onto the court.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images
Minnesota gets the toughness and leadership of Beverley for its young, developing roster. Gersson Rosas had Beverley on his team with Rockets and knows what he brings. Memphis continues to add talent along the margins, including Culver, who's only 22 and a former No. 6 pick.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its could be good for Minny, Rubio is a steals guy, and Beverly adds some hustle (and craziness) to the guard position. Its an odd fit though as KAT and Rubio seem like chill guys.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Its could be good for Minny, Rubio is a steals guy, and Beverly adds some hustle (and craziness) to the guard position. Its an odd fit though as KAT and Rubio seem like chill guys.
Rubio was traded to Cleveland.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rubio was traded to Cleveland.
Hmm. I know one publication said that Rubio could eventually headed back to Phoenix, which did not seem to make sense to me. Saric and Smith for Rubio and then Cleveland buys out Love so he can sign here? Far-fetched, I know. I just need to think about something else besides the market and world-events.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I know one publication said that Rubio could eventually headed back to Phoenix, which did not seem to make sense to me. Saric and Smith for Rubio and then Cleveland buys out Love so he can sign here? Far-fetched, I know. I just need to think about something else besides the market and world-events.

We all need some distractions. This is why I read some of these speculation articles.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would like Rubio to come back but how does that work? That would be an unbelieveable screw job on Cam Payne, get him to resign for penny's on the dollar, than either take away his minutes or trade him?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like Rubio to come back but how does that work? That would be an unbelieveable screw job on Cam Payne, get him to resign for penny's on the dollar, than either take away his minutes or trade him?

I haven't heard the rumor but I'm guessing it would have to be a multi-team trade where Rubio goes elsewhere.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are some off the wall trade suggestions out there, I saw one that included Jae, Cam J, Stix, and Saric plus our pick in 2024, 2026 and a swap in 2025 for Brandon Ingram. The worst part was trying to deal with the Suns fans convinced we need to pull the trigger.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are some off the wall trade suggestions out there, I saw one that included Jae, Cam J, Stix, and Saric plus our pick in 2024, 2026 and a swap in 2025 for Brandon Ingram. The worst part was trying to deal with the Suns fans convinced we need to pull the trigger.

I am totally unconvinced that Ingram brings much to the table when it comes to winning games.

He also gets hurt, a lot.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not a very good idea.

If I was going to make a move similar to that, Siakam would make more sense - but that is too much to give up from a Suns perspective, and probably not enough for the other team.

What I mean by that is it is it includes a lot of role players and picks, and trades for a star typically has to at least involve at least one above average player and that proposal does not really include anyone like that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not a very good idea.

If I was going to make a move similar to that, Siakam would make more sense - but that is too much to give up from a Suns perspective, and probably not enough for the other team.

What I mean by that is it is it includes a lot of role players and picks, and trades for a star typically has to at least involve at least one above average player and that proposal does not really include anyone like that.

Siakam fills a hole for us at least and we'd upgrade at starting PF. It's a lot but I might consider it. These kids are focused on Ingram's 1 All-Star appearance and his height, saying he's a PF version of Booker, a player who has been on bad teams but needs talent around him to prove himself. Ingram is a tall SG not a PF at all. He's also had some good teammates and coaches. Ingram fills no holes here, so it doesn't make sense.

I got called a new Suns fan who hopped on the bandwagon this year because I said the deal made no sense.

It's kind of funny. These kids that think Sarver will pay max money to Booker, Ingram, Paul (basically), and Ayton while also paying Mikal near max money are actually trying to accuse anyone who doesn't agree with them bandwagon fans.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Siakam fills a hole for us at least and we'd upgrade at starting PF. It's a lot but I might consider it. These kids are focused on Ingram's 1 All-Star appearance and his height, saying he's a PF version of Booker, a player who has been on bad teams but needs talent around him to prove himself. Ingram is a tall SG not a PF at all. He's also had some good teammates and coaches. Ingram fills no holes here, so it doesn't make sense.

I got called a new Suns fan who hopped on the bandwagon this year because I said the deal made no sense.

It's kind of funny. These kids that think Sarver will pay max money to Booker, Ingram, Paul (basically), and Ayton while also paying Mikal near max money are actually trying to accuse anyone who doesn't agree with them bandwagon fans.

I really think that kind of deal would make the team worse. It would destroy our depth, and Sarver cannot and will not pay 5 max or near max contracts.

It really sounds like kids who have played too much NBA 2K GM mode actually.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I seen that and laughed no way in hell would I make that deal

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, why would the other side make that trade? I don't think it works either way.

oh I would 100% take Cam Johnson, Crowder, Saric, Stix and 2 picks and a swap over Ingram.

Ingram isn’t anything special at all his entire career is pretty much one big “well maybe one day”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison