2021 4th round pick is Marco Wilson CB

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. Reason to hope he's a player? Sure. Thinking we've found a #1 corner? Whoa there.

I don't think anyone has said he's a #1 corner. All I've seen is people discuss potential and the hope we might get a decent contribution from a lower round player.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You gotta stop reaching.

Literally four posts above mine.

I don't think anyone has said he's a #1 corner. All I've seen is people discuss potential and the hope we might get a decent contribution from a lower round player.
See above.

I mean, I get it. Blind fan optimism. I'm just not a blind optimist. Am I happy he looked decent, and do I hope he develops? Absolutely. Reserving judgment for the time being, is all.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even if KEIM found a serviceable number 2 cb in Wilson he still can’t stay another year

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Literally four posts above mine.

See above.

I mean, I get it. Blind fan optimism. I'm just not a blind optimist. Am I happy he looked decent, and do I hope he develops? Absolutely. Reserving judgment for the time being, is all.
Blind fan optimism? BAH HA HA!

The guy balled out in his first preseason game. PFF gave him an 83 grade, and if you are familiar with their grade system, over a season that's a near Pro Bowl level performer. Nothing blind about having optimism from an ACTUAL PERFORMANCE.

Sure there is reason to be skeptical being that it was preseason game one, but the kid did play really well. The PBU he had were it looked like he was beat but he closed on the ball and broke it up is the type of plays that good corners make consistently in the NFL. You don't see Jace Whitaker making that play.

When you walk buy a bed of flowers do they instantly wilt? Total buzzkill! :p

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Dont know much about him other than some draft profiles and what a friend said who watches all Gator games. It seems the summation is that he was great as a freshman and then had injuries and seemed to regress when healthy. I dont understand how a guy can not be good in college 6 months ago and then be good in the NFL 6 months later?
I saw every gator game. Has talent but was inconsistent in focus. Needs to keep his head in the game. He could have come out much more prepared but didn’t seem focused on skill development either. If he matures rapidly he might be an asset.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Blind fan optimism? BAH HA HA!

The guy balled out in his first preseason game. PFF gave him an 83 grade, and if you are familiar with their grade system, over a season that's a near Pro Bowl level performer. Nothing blind about having optimism from an ACTUAL PERFORMANCE.

Sure there is reason to be skeptical being that it was preseason game one, but the kid did play really well. The PBU he had were it looked like he was beat but he closed on the ball and broke it up is the type of plays that good corners make consistently in the NFL. You don't see Jace Whitaker making that play.

When you walk buy a bed of flowers do they instantly wilt? Total buzzkill! :p
Dude all game long you were slaying posters for being concerned about third string defensive linemen and now you’re crowing about one preseason game where Wilson played well (other than giving up 4th and 10, yeesh) against backup wrs. Maybe some perspective? He looked good. But people trumpeting him as a #1 at this juncture is pure unadulterated silliness.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude all game long you were slaying posters for being concerned about third string defensive linemen and now you’re crowing about one preseason game where Wilson played well (other than giving up 4th and 10, yeesh) against backup wrs. Maybe some perspective? He looked good. But people trumpeting him as a #1 at this juncture is pure unadulterated silliness.

Reread the post in reference to calling Wilson a #1.
Kudos to Keim on this one... the Cardinals actually might have drafted a number one corner in the later rounds :raccoon:

might

That's not the same as saying they drafted a #1 in the later rounds.

might

might = a possibility. Which Wilson showed that in game one.

I guess some people live to **** on others sunshine.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Reread the post in reference to calling Wilson a #1.

might

That's not the same as saying they drafted a #1 in the later rounds.

might

might = a possibility. Which Wilson showed that in game one.

I guess some people live to **** on others sunshine.
Get over yourself. A nice showing against backups in a preseason is a little early for even a “might” on a #1 corner. And the only ******** on anyone else around here seems to be you.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he performs well again in the next game, I would make him a starter.

It's better to start getting a young guy experience from day one if he has potential than rely on some old vets that only have a year or two left in the tank if that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It's better to start getting a young guy experience from day one if he has potential than rely on some old vets that only have a year or two left in the tank if that.
Hmm last time we did that with a training camp stud rookie was a total disaster. Brandon Williams anyone?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm last time we did that with a training camp stud rookie was a total disaster. Brandon Williams anyone?

At the very least he should be part of a rotation, or the dime DB. If he continues to show promise. Rather him than rentals like Dennard or Worley. But it's early days yet.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Get over yourself. A nice showing against backups in a preseason is a little early for even a “might” on a #1 corner. And the only ******** on anyone else around here seems to be you.
Ouch, Ouchie. I'm hurt. :)

I just don't see the point in going after people's view when they aren't totally crazy. It's not like the guy said "we have found our #1 corner in round 4!"

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
At the very least he should be part of a rotation, or the dime DB. If he continues to show promise. Rather him than rentals like Dennard or Worley. But it's early days yet.
I doubt Worley makes the roster based on what we've seen.

Guaranteed roster spots based on what we know: Murphy, Butler, Alford, Wilson. There are probably two more spots available and I'd bet Dennard gets on and Gowan the other.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I just don't see the point in going after people's view when they aren't totally crazy. It's not like the guy said "we have found our #1 corner in round 4!"
Wilson has the athletic ability, he showed instincts and the ability to knock balls away at the last moment textbook without a PI, and was drafted in a odd COVID situation where it is possible that talent could slip. With that in mind, it's possible he could be a number one corner and Keim finally hit on something... Keim has thrown enough darts in the dark to eventually hit something lol

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's about "winning" games, and I'll go with the proven until it doesn't work.

There are a number of sub-packages where he can get his initial experience.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But he’s entitled to his football take as is the guy who said he might #1 cb. Why attack him?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
we need a type of poll that is just a "truth" button and you hit it when you think a new player is the truth.

I would've hit the truth button on K1 right after 1st game rookie season vs Lions. That 2nd half comeback convinced me he had the talent and mental fortitude to be our QB for 15 years. This forum was MISERABLE to read waiting for everyone to get on board with K1 until like 5 or 6 games into the season they just couldnt deny it anymore.

I'm close to hitting it on Marco. Let me see game 1 of regular season though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave