2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Luck > skill
everyone that ever played sport at high level knows that if he isn't dumb enough. Often the right situation, the right surrounding and the right moment beats out skill. It shouldn't but most of the time at high level the difference between a win and a loss is a miss step that happend, a call not going your way, a ball that bounced funny and so on.

I have lost and won many games in different sports and allways it was like, first you need the skill to compete and then most of the time luck decides who wins. Clearly if the skill level of a whole team is supbar than luck doesn't happen to influence so much, but the NFL shows it every year the 0-x team beats a team that was supposed to be way better with some lucky bounces and plays.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
everyone that ever played sport at high level knows that if he isn't dumb enough. Often the right situation, the right surrounding and the right moment beats out skill. It shouldn't but most of the time at high level the difference between a win and a loss is a miss step that happend, a call not going your way, a ball that bounced funny and so on.

I have lost and won many games in different sports and allways it was like, first you need the skill to compete and then most of the time luck decides who wins. Clearly if the skill level of a whole team is supbar than luck doesn't happen to influence so much, but the NFL shows it every year the 0-x team beats a team that was supposed to be way better with some lucky bounces and plays.

"Luck" is not a primary determinant of wins and losses; mistakes are.

Invariably the team that makes the most mistakes (misplays) loses.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In football turnovers are generally the difference between winning and losing and teams with high edge in turnovers rarely repeat it year over year so there is some luck involved

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In football turnovers are generally the difference between winning and losing and teams with high edge in turnovers rarely repeat it year over year so there is some luck involved
When I coached my son's baseball teams over 20 years ago I realized when we got to the playoffs that when you are playing at that level you can make 1 mistake and maybe survive. Two mistakes and you are out. It's pretty much true in any sport.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turnovers = mistakes ;)
Sure but turnover margin varies wildly year to year among teams so there's quite a bit of luck in turnovers. Almost every game you'll see 2-3 dropped interceptions or fumbles that could have been recovered but weren't. Lots of chance involved in those.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My favorite thing about Rondale so far is that he's a tight ass MF.

No flash cars. No big houses (other than for him Mom). He's banked his money away.

This is a guy with a sensible head on his shoulders and those kinds of people know they have to work hard to get what they want.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
My favorite thing about Rondale so far is that he's a tight ass MF.

No flash cars. No big houses (other than for him Mom). He's banked his money away.

This is a guy with a sensible head on his shoulders and those kinds of people know they have to work hard to get what they want.

There are guys who coach this for a living and go into locker rooms, the Senior Bowl, the combines and explain this to guys. But you can’t teach a good head on a kid’s shoulders

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If neither team makes mistakes or equal sum are made, the determinant is luck. often mistakes are done because of some luck involved. In generall if both teams are at more or less the same level and concentrated and have a plan, than luck is determining the outcome, but even if you make more mistakes and have a worse gameplan and some of your players are normally worse, if they overachive exactly "luckily" in that game and some lucky bounces go your way, you can win. But yes Mistakes are really a big deal. learning to play as mistake free as possible is the first step to win

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If neither team makes mistakes or equal sum are made, the determinant is luck. often mistakes are done because of some luck involved. In generall if both teams are at more or less the same level and concentrated and have a plan, than luck is determining the outcome, but even if you make more mistakes and have a worse gameplan and some of your players are normally worse, if they overachive exactly "luckily" in that game and some lucky bounces go your way, you can win. But yes Mistakes are really a big deal. learning to play as mistake free as possible is the first step to win

"Luck" is simply not a variable that can be entered into any game-winning plan. Of course, these vagaries occur, and what would fandom be without the 'what if' often related to happenstance. However, limiting mistakes is critical to victory more often than not.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last night I watched his recent video on the Cardinal app. I definitely came away impressed with his overall demeanor & attitude. He’s a well spoken young man, who seems prepared to make a difference. Barring injuries, he may be the steal of the 2020 draft.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s still super early & he’ll probably fall off since I jinxed opening this thread back up, but sheesh he has looked like Tyreek out there.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s still super early & he’ll probably fall off since I jinxed opening this thread back up, but sheesh he has looked like Tyreek out there.
I said we got our tyreek on draft day and someone laughed at me :)

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who have we had on our team in the past that best resembles R Moore?
Im guessin maybe byrd that speed wr had for 1 season just speed obviously hope moore much much better he looks and has already made plays that looked like hill

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yep. If he'd had a college career with few injuries and more production, I'd have been over the moon with the pick despite his size. Given his size and injury history, it's hard to go too crazy even with how well he's played.
I think the size thing doesn't matter at all. I've seen just as many big guys bust as small guys.

As far as his injury history, missing a season definitely is the reason he dropped. If he had played more in college, we'd probably be talking about how the Packers got Aaron Rodgers another weapon.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think the size thing doesn't matter at all. I've seen just as many big guys bust as small guys.

As far as his injury history, missing a season definitely is the reason he dropped. If he had played more in college, we'd probably be talking about how the Packers got Aaron Rodgers another weapon.

Probably wouldn't have fallen to us, no.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Didn’t he opt out? Or did he miss the season due to an actual injury?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose