2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
To his credit, the 50 best plays highlight vid starts off very mediocre. I had the same pause the first time I saw it.

The kid has (had?) wheels for sure. My concerns are based around injuries, potential usage for us, and size.
Yes I don’t like those highlights the others are MUCH better. I’m thrilled he is a beast. Some of the injuries might be more COVID stuff hopefully

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I have a question? What qualifies Keim to be a GM? What are his credentials for such a position? I don't want to sound ridiculous, but I just don't get what background, knowledge, or experience it takes to make the picks he usually makes. Any of us fans who know football can make better picks than this for our team. I am not criticizing the players for they seem fine. It's just that it seems so apparent to so many of us that there are simply much better choices we could pick.

It is just like Keim gets locked in on a player without looking more deeply or fully into other players in comparison and who else is left that could help us more. I truly want to like his picks, but it is so damn hard when you look at the alternatives we have each time. The other GMs must applaud him after each pick for leaving better players on the board for them to pick. I am just sick of his mediocre choices that no one ever expects.

Does he think he is being cute by keeping everyone guessing what the hell he is going to do next pick? Does he think he is outsmarting everyone else by not doing the more obvious and logical thing?

Everyone knows what we need most, so why not address that? We couldn't find a short speed demon of a WR in R 5-7?

And another LB in R1 when the top DT was on the board. Wouldn't that have even been a better choice considering how bad our run D was last year. What about a starting OG or a stud RB. Would not any of those 3 been better choices? There were really good players on the board when we made each pick who could have really helped us in our weakest areas. And to hell with those who are afraid to reach 5-10 places down the board to fill a need. Sorry, to ramble, but I am sick of this. I am going to bed to dream that I am a fan of another team.

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I have a question? What qualifies Keim to be a GM? What are his credentials for such a position? I don't want to sound ridiculous, but I just don't get what background, knowledge, or experience it takes to make the picks he usually makes. Any of us fans who know football can make better picks than this for our team. I am not criticizing the players for they seem fine. It's just that it seems so apparent to so many of us that there are simply much better choices we could pick.

It is just like Keim gets locked in on a player without looking more deeply or fully into other players in comparison and who else is left that could help us more. I truly want to like his picks, but it is so damn hard when you look at the alternatives we have each time. The other GMs must applaud him after each pick for leaving better players on the board for them to pick. I am just sick of his mediocre choices that no one ever expects.

Does he think he is being cute by keeping everyone guessing what the hell he is going to do next pick? Does he think he is outsmarting everyone else by not doing the more obvious and logical thing?

Everyone knows what we need most, so why not address that? We couldn't find a short speed demon of a WR in R 5-7? And another LB in R1? The top DT was on the board. Wouldn't that have even been a better choice considering how bad our run D was last year. There were really good players on the board when we made each pick who could have really helped us in our weakest areas. Sorry, to ramble, but I am sick of this.
You don’t draft for need. You sign free agents to fill needs and try to draft the best players. Because the draft is a crap shoot and a lot are busts.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyreek Hilll official measurements at pro day

5'8 1/8 185 lb 4.29 40 1/2 vertical 10.9 broad

Being one of the shortest receiver in the nfl didn't stop him from being a top 5 receiver

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
You don’t draft for need. You sign free agents to fill needs and try to draft the best players. Because the draft is a crap shoot and a lot are busts.

Well, wake me when we get the cap space and actually start doing that. And I guess all the winning teams who fill needs when they draft are doing it wrong. Oh those poor poor Steelers.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Moore has potential to be exciting. Still worry about Kyler having trouble throwing these short WRs, but am hoping it was just an Isabella problem.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Tyreek Hilll official measurements at pro day

5'8 1/8 185 lb 4.29 40 1/2 vertical 10.9 broad

Being one of the shortest receiver in the nfl didn't stop him from being a top 5 receiver
And Taylor Gabriel ran 4.27 at 5'8, 168, and is out of the league.

What's the point? Hill is a complete outlier. Using him like it's the norm doesn't make sense.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The more I think about it, Moore is the perfect WR to throw screens to. He's gonna dominate.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
The more I think about it, Moore is the perfect WR to throw screens to. He's gonna dominate.
Unless that's all he can do, then defenses will figure it out like they figure out Cliff's offense. Moore has the speed to threaten deep, but he wasn't used that way as much these last couple years. We'll see

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
And Taylor Gabriel ran 4.27 at 5'8, 168, and is out of the league.

What's the point? Hill is a complete outlier. Using him like it's the norm doesn't make sense.
The point is obvious. Don't count him out simply because he is small. Clearly small receivers can have big impacts in this league. Especially when they are capable of not only alluding tacklers, but also breaking tackles.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Moore has potential to be exciting. Still worry about Kyler having trouble throwing these short WRs, but am hoping it was just an Isabella problem.

Kyler has trouble throwing to trash receivers like everybody else in the league, height isn't the issue
When he had demerie Byrd he didn't have any problem to see him
The only other short guy he threw to was Isabella, who is not a nfl material

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The point is obvious. Don't count him out simply because he is small. Clearly small receivers can have big impacts in this league. Especially when they are capable of not only alluding tacklers, but also breaking tackles.
There's a reason there's not a glut of small, fast guys in the league. Ignoring the data set isn't helpful. It's fine to hope for the best, but pointing out singular 5th round draft picks that turned into superstars doesn't make it likely.

Reactions: PJ1

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
There's a reason there's not a glut of small, fast guys in the league. Ignoring the data set isn't helpful. It's fine to hope for the best, but pointing out singular 5th round draft picks that turned into superstars doesn't make it likely.
About 5-6 of the top 25 in receiving yards last year were under 6'. Another 5-6 of them were exactly 6'0". There are quite a few "small" receivers making their mark on the league.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 5-6 of the top 25 in receiving yards last year were under 6'. Another 5-6 of them were exactly 6'0". There are quite a few "small" receivers making their mark on the league.

There is a difference between being "Small" and being Short.

I don't consider Rondale Moore "Small". He is short and compact.

You must be registered for see images attach

I consider Devonta Smith "Small". He looks like he will snap in a stiff wind.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill is a great comparison. He is short, compact and very explosive.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Here we go again. There are a few that are 5'8"-5'9", but just like you did with Murray you will suggest that there is a big difference in that 1-2".
I sure wish I lived the world of "superstar until they prove they're not" instead of "just a guy until they prove they're a star."

That height difference is a pretty big deal, and pretending it's not is a complete case of rose colored glasses.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill is a great comparison. He is short, compact and very explosive.

How many are 5'7?

why are you so angry man? It’s pick 49. Everybody left has issues. Next Julio wasn’t available

How
I sure wish I lived the world of "superstar until they prove they're not" instead of "just a guy until they prove they're a star."

That height difference is a pretty big deal, and pretending it's not is a complete case of rose colored glasses.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose