2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Isabella running around back there was a bit pathetic to be honest. It's not like Arnold got free from the snap. It was a good few seconds before he beat coverage and it was due to miscommunication between the corner and the safety. Not Isabella being a headless chicken (although this is his only value so far).
So you really don’t both didn’t go hand-in-hand huh?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no clue why Kliff used less pre-motion last season than he did in 2019(going by eye test). So damn confusing.

2019 wasn't great

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Bills used 27% more pre snap motion last year in their much improved offense.

This figure above is misleading though. It's done using ESPN's video capture tech so pics up things like

2020 below but recorded differently than above so not directly comparible

I agree it was lower last year on the eye test

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rewatched the 2nd game against Seattle yesterday. Fitz had at least 3 catches in the 2nd half that were short quick throws that were either really well blocked, or just 1 on 1. He finished with 8 catches for 62 yards, on virtually every one of those plays he got less yardage than was there, the one he got more he just used brute strength to break a tackle and drag a defender. Still has great hands but he has no burst, even when he faked the initial defender out and had room he has no acceleration anymore to run away.

Hopefully those plays will be going to Moore and Kirk now.

Yet there are people here that are praying he comes back... :facepalm:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you really don’t both didn’t go hand-in-hand huh?

Not even a little. It was bad comms.

Rams actually had 3 players covering 2. Nuk has Ramsey and a safety double teaming him and Arnold as single coverage vs slot CB David Long.

As you can see well past Isabella's dance act Nuk and Arnold are both well covered.

But when they cross Long thinks he's passing him off to the safety (I think Johnson) whereas the safety thinks he has to stick with Nuk. And all 3 end up with Nuk and Arnold runs free.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's not to say Isabella achieved nothing. It confused the heck out of Darious Williams and he stays in the flat to cover Isabella while Kirk runs free. That's Kirk at the bottom wide open and possibly the intended target of the play until Arnold gets wide open downfield.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not even a little. It was bad comms.

Rams actually had 3 players covering 2. Nuk has Ramsey and a safety double teaming him and Arnold as single coverage vs slot CB David Long.

As you can see well past Isabella's dance act Nuk and Arnold are both well covered.

But when they cross Long thinks he's passing him off to the safety (I think Johnson) whereas the safety thinks he has to stick with Nuk. And all 3 end up with Nuk and Arnold runs free.

That's not to say Isabella achieved nothing. It confused the heck out of Darious Williams and he stays in the flat to cover Isabella while Kirk runs free. That's Kirk at the bottom wide open and possibly the intended target of the play until Arnold gets wide open downfield.
That’s all we need then, tbh. If Arnold didn’t get open, Kyler would’ve(hopefully) threw it to an open Kirk.

Ain’t no reason to not spam Rondale & Kirk in motion at least 5 times a game, each like Shanahan does with Deebo/Aiyuk & McVay with Woods/Kupp. Throwing off the defense even just a little bit will go a long way.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s all we need then, tbh. If Arnold didn’t get open, Kyler would’ve(hopefully) threw it to an open Kirk.

Ain’t no reason to not spam Rondale & Kirk in motion at least 5 times a game, each like Shanahan does with Deebo/Aiyuk & McVay with Woods/Kupp. Throwing off the defense even just a little bit will go a long way.

I agree. There's no excuse for the lack of motion we use. It's all upside and no downside. Use it as much as possible.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
When he continually coaches scared when he needs to continue driving,

the funny thing: per FO, Kliff was the No. 1 most aggressive 4th down coach. In fairness, they also knocked him for what they called his worst 4th down call of the year: trying a 49 yard fg vs the Dolphins.

Aggressiveness Index 2020 | Football Outsiders

So a perfect example of "oversold": the one example that cuts against all the other decisions is characterized as "continually".

doesn't use motion or misdirection,

so, in 2019, the Cardinal offense was top 10 in use of motion Pre-snap motion has given the Ravens an edge. Why don't more teams use it? (espn.com).

in 2020, they were middle of the pack
interestingly, its Bruce Arians and TB that never uses motion.

so they went less motion in 2020 vs 2019. im curious as to why. But thats different from "doesnt use it"

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the funny thing: per FO, Kliff was the No. 1 most aggressive 4th down coach. In fairness, they also knocked him for what they called his worst 4th down call of the year: trying a 49 yard fg vs the Dolphins.

Aggressiveness Index 2020 | Football Outsiders

So a perfect example of "oversold": the one example that cuts against all the other decisions is characterized as "continually".

so, in 2019, the Cardinal offense was top 10 in use of motion Pre-snap motion has given the Ravens an edge. Why don't more teams use it? (espn.com).

in 2020, they were middle of the pack
interestingly, its Bruce Arians and TB that never uses motion.

so they went less motion in 2020 vs 2019. im curious as to why. But thats different from "doesnt use it"

The 4th down thing is misleading. We shouldn't confuse desperation with aggressiveness.

Agressive would be going for it on 4th and 3 to seal the game. Most of Kliff's 4th down attempts are behind late in games when he has no choice.

That's why nearly all the teams who lead in 4th down attempts are poor teams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still can't wait to see Moore in this offense. I of course badly wanted Waddle but Moore is a great consolation prize. Waddle is apparently looking so good in Miami he's already not only a starter, CBS Sports just picked him to be their offensive MVP, said based on what's been seen so far it appears that Tua has taken a big step up and largely due to getting Waddle who he's comfortable with from college. They also got Fuller to stretch the field.

For us I think Moore will largely fill the same role Waddle would have. The last 2 years teams could sort of lay off andy they knew Kyler didn't trust him and with few exceptions we didn't make them pay for it. Now they have to worry about Moore(and Green) that Kyler didn't have before. I think it makes a big difference for Kyler.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Still can't wait to see Moore in this offense. I of course badly wanted Waddle but Moore is a great consolation prize. Waddle is apparently looking so good in Miami he's already not only a starter, CBS Sports just picked him to be their offensive MVP, said based on what's been seen so far it appears that Tua has taken a big step up and largely due to getting Waddle who he's comfortable with from college. They also got Fuller to stretch the field.

For us I think Moore will largely fill the same role Waddle would have. The last 2 years teams could sort of lay off andy they knew Kyler didn't trust him and with few exceptions we didn't make them pay for it. Now they have to worry about Moore(and Green) that Kyler didn't have before. I think it makes a big difference for Kyler.

I give no credence to a camp report before even an actual full pad camp report begins or even before an actual NFL game shows the truth Russ... but judging from what Moore did if he can stay healthy, I can say he has just as much of a shot to be a offensive MVP in some respects as Waddle

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely give no credence to a camp report before even an actual full pad camp report begins or even before an actual NFL game shows the truth Russ... but judging from what Moore did if he can stay healthy, I can say he has just as much of a shot to be a offensive MVP in some respects as Waddle

The one separator between the 2 as a WR is Waddle was much more impactful on go routes, Moore was great in college for RAC but wasn't as effective on just over the top routes. he was arguably better than Waddle after he catch. And of course Waddle was MUCH better as a punt returner but I am hopeful Moore will impact there too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The one separator between the 2 as a WR is Waddle was much more impactful on go routes, Moore was great in college for RAC but wasn't as effective on just over the top routes. he was arguably better than Waddle after he catch. And of course Waddle was MUCH better as a punt returner but I am hopeful Moore will impact there too.
From what Purdue people are saying, most of the issues on go routes was QB related. They just didn't have a QB that was good exploiting defenses deep, so Moore was used as a YAC guy instead.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what Purdue people are saying, most of the issues on go routes was QB related. They just didn't have a QB that was good exploiting defenses deep, so Moore was used as a YAC guy instead.

The QB his freshman year was the guy who played for the Lions and looked like he couldn't throw the ball more than 30 yards on the fly so it's entirely possible that take is true.

Last name starts with a B I'm blanking on his name.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The QB his freshman year was the guy who played for the Lions and looked like he couldn't throw the ball more than 30 yards on the fly so it's entirely possible that take is true.

Last name starts with a B I'm blanking on his name.
David Blough

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
So...noticed this today:

Wonder what kind of deal was made? Andy Lee having 18 years experience giving up #4 to the Rookie?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard