2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a listen to this guy. Everyone is making Suns videos now.
I think this guy is a time traveler? or a substance abuser.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
P.s. Sorry if one of you made the video all in good fun.
See if you can find the tiny bit of misinformation in the video.
Wow just wow
WTF did I just watch?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a listen to this guy. Everyone is making Suns videos now.
I think this guy is a time traveler? or a substance abuser.
P.s. Sorry if one of you made the video all in good fun.
See if you can find the tiny bit of misinformation in the video.
Wow just wow
Did anybody else get that Peanuts "WHA WHA WHA" feeling as they were watching this?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet Quin Synder would be in demand if he doesn't return to the Jazz.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He declined an extension last offseason. He's probably waiting for the front office to choose between Gobert or Mitchell and then he'll decide whether he can win with what's left. I'd be surprised if they name a coach before they decide between those 2 and I don't see Snyder being quick to take another job unless a great opportunity presents itself but I don't see that happening this off-season.

If he's not coaching the Jazz next year then he should take a year before rushing into a less than ideal situation. I can't think of where there are vacancies at the moment but I think next off-season will have more openings.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He declined an extension last offseason. He's probably waiting for the front office to choose between Gobert or Mitchell and then he'll decide whether he can win with what's left. I'd be surprised if they name a coach before they decide between those 2 and I don't see Snyder being quick to take another job unless a great opportunity presents itself but I don't see that happening this off-season.

If he's not coaching the Jazz next year then he should take a year before rushing into a less than ideal situation. I can't think of where there are vacancies at the moment but I think next off-season will have more openings.

We agree Quin Synder looks like he could use a year off. He is a really good coach but the grind in Utah may be wearing on him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I disagree he’s clueless when it comes to making adjustments and he’s let that BS with Rudy and Spida get out of control

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree he’s clueless when it comes to making adjustments and he’s let that BS with Rudy and Spida get out of control

Synder looked worn down by the situation with the Jazz the past two seasons. Sometimes it's not all the coach. I've been hearing about Gobert and Mitchell having disagreements for awhile.

I'm not above thinking the Suns might have internal issues going on too.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Synder looked worn down by the situation with the Jazz the past two seasons. Sometimes it's not all the coach. I've been hearing about Gobert and Mitchell having disagreements for awhile.

Right and the coach needs to get them in a room and say let’s figure this out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right and the coach needs to get them in a room and say let’s figure this out.

It doesn't always work that way as much as we would like.

Dealing with certain players can be complicated such as Kyrie Irving and Ben Simmons.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't always work that way as much as we would like.

Dealing with certain players can be complicated such as Kyrie Irving and Ben Simmons.

Right we really don’t know but it’s not a new problem. It should of been felt with years ago

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right we really don’t know but it’s not a new problem. It should of been felt with years ago

I'm not so sure it wasn't a relatively new problem. IMO, reported "internal" issues with Ayton was not enough for the whole team to break down in game 7. It would take more.

I was never comfortable with some comments made by Chris Paul after game 6. Unfortunately I don't have them readily available. The comments seemed too accepting of the situation.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not so sure it wasn't a relatively new problem. IMO, reported "internal" issues with Ayton was not enough for the whole team to break down in game 7. It would take more.

I was never comfortable with some comments made by Chris Paul after game 6. Unfortunately I don't have them readily available. The comments seemed too accepting of the situation.

Reporter: how do you feel about another game 7

Paul: it’s just basketball it’s not life or death

Reporter: you have any advice for your younger teammates going into there first game 7

Paul: No

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There have been reports of them not getting along for like 3 years now

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reporter: how do you feel about another game 7

Paul: it’s just basketball it’s not life or death

Reporter: you have any advice for your younger teammates going into there first game 7

Paul: No

These are the remarks I was talking about. While the Celtics are ready to fight anyone and everyone. No doubt they want to win.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There have been reports of them not getting along for like 3 years now

That could be, but Ayton not performing in game 7 should not be a reason for the Suns as a team to collapse.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That could be, but Ayton not performing in game 7 should not be a reason for the Suns as a team to collapse.

Oh it’s not. Don’t forget we got blown out in game 6 to and Ayton was the only one who showed up in game 6.

One player and a guy who is considered your 3rd best player ain’t the reason for falling down 50 in a game 7. That’s a meltdown of epic proportions

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh it’s not. Don’t forget we got blown out in game 6 to and Ayton was the only one who showed up in game 6.

One player and a guy who is considered your 3rd best player ain’t the reason for falling down 50 in a game 7. That’s a meltdown of epic proportions

It was a team meltdown for sure, just why we may never know unless someone decides to talk down the road.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He's starting to look like Mathew Mcconaghey in that movie where he was really skinny.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson