2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That way Lebron can have his way and do what he wants
He is the King.
Sounds like the Burger King "have it your way".

If we do get a DIVA please get Durant instead of Lebron. I don't know if I can cheer for Lebron.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is the King.

If we do get a DIVA please get Durant instead of Lebron. I don't know if I can cheer for Lebron.

Ah, we would all be screaming at the top of our lungs... King James! :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is the King.

Oh don't worry, if we trade for Lebron we probably won't have much to cheer about.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Oh don't worry, if we trade for Lebron we probably won't have much to cheer about.
Other than the fact a contending team is adding an all-NBA player with championship pedigree. To me it would depend on the package. Given Lebron’s defensive decline keeping Bridges would be a must. With our big-4 you could put any average rim-protected at the 5 and we’re golden.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than the fact a contending team is adding an all-NBA player with championship pedigree. To me it would depend on the package. Given Lebron’s defensive decline keeping Bridges would be a must. With our big-4 you could put any average rim-protected at the 5 and we’re golden.

It's hard to get the salaries to work without using Bridges. I'm not sure if there is a waiting period if Cam Johnson is extended.

Of course trading Chris Paul makes it much easier.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's hard to get the salaries to work without using Bridges. I'm not sure if there is a waiting period if Cam Johnson is extended.

Of course trading Chris Paul makes it much easier.
I’m just humoring Flex’s teases. I would definitely sell off Ayton/Bridges and any future picks for KD though.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Absolutely nuts that Adam Silver hasn’t address this more concretely throughout the playoffs besides fines:
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m just humoring Flex’s teases. I would definitely sell off Ayton/Bridges and any future picks for KD though.

I wouldn’t mortgage the future for KD. A 33 year old who’s owed 200 million over the next four years with a history of injury problems? Nope.

It could get ugly real quick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me. I don't believe losing Ayton/Bridges and future picks leaves us enough to win a championship at least right away. His calf muscle will always need to be babied (it usually never regains full strength after an achilles tear) and I just don't believe he's going to be one of those 36 year olds defying father time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not me. I don't believe losing Ayton/Bridges and future picks leaves us enough to win a championship at least right away. His calf muscle will always need to be babied (it usually never regains full strength after an achilles tear) and I just don't believe he's going to be one of those 36 year olds defying father time.
I’m higher on superstars than role players especially when our own superstars aren’t superstarsy enough as it is. The calf thing is legit but this should be his first full off-season healthy in years. Still can’t believe he played in the Olympics last year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nuts that Adam Silver hasn’t address this more concretely throughout the playoffs besides fines:
-
-

They really have to do something. The number of times players step out of bounds on the step back and now you have the risk they step on a bench player and roll an ankle or something.

Fines don't work technicals are needed

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m higher on superstars than role players especially when our own superstars aren’t superstarsy enough as it is. The calf thing is legit but this should be his first full off-season healthy in years. Still can’t believe he played in the Olympics last year.
The league runs on superstars so yeah, I'm higher on them too but don't discount the value of quality role players. You need both.

And depending on older players that have struggled with late career injuries to suddenly play full seasons and shine in the postseason is a huge risk.

Personally, I wouldn't trade Bridges straight up for Durant at this stage of Kevin's career.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At times Kevin Durant carried that U.S. Olympic team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The league runs on superstars so yeah, I'm higher on them too but don't discount the value of quality role players. You need both.

And depending on older players that have struggled with late career injuries to suddenly play full seasons and shine in the postseason is a huge risk.

Personally, I wouldn't trade Bridges straight up for Durant at this stage of Kevin's career.
I think you’d be alone there Steve.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Have a listen to this guy. Everyone is making Suns videos now.
I think this guy is a time traveler? or a substance abuser.
P.s. Sorry if one of you made the video all in good fun.
See if you can find the tiny bit of misinformation in the video.
Wow just wow

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow just wow
lol.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow just wow

This was funny

I turned this off when he said Ayton was struggling guarding Dame Lillard in the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard