2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Im not trying to change your mind..I frankly dont care who u are or what you think.
In fact you can kiss my +++

Yet you tried to lecture me on his highlight reel. Like you almost ordered me to change my mind lol

And, I'm sorry, I can't kiss your +++, as your forehead isn't available online.

@Stout. I care who you are buddy, because you’ve always been a solid, thought provoking poster and positive member of the ASFN community.

Thanks, buddy. You too. Hell, all you crazy bastards, even the ones I argue with. How sad a place would this be if we all just agreed about everything?

Just not after our first round picks lol

See, you don't know your Cardinal draft history/my posting history, youngun :)

Apart from when it comes to running backs ;)

ESPECIALLY when it comes to RBs ;)

You too d bags can enjoy each other

You must be registered for see images attach

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Saw this today.....not to rub salt in any wounds.

It's a chart of how each player drafted fell along the average consensus rankings....ie were they drafted above or below where most industry experts had them being drafted.

Our guy is on the wrong side of the fence.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Well over half the players drafted were on the "wrong side of the fence"...

Seems to me that yet again the GMs of the league aren't seeing eye to eye with the draft "experts".

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The good news: he’s back down to playing weight
The bad news: at a time when he should’ve been at his physical peak best keim was concerned enough that he had to check in on his weight.
I don't think it's a big deal. Long season of training, then combine, and then pro day. The kid deserves a break and enjoy life for a few weeks. Gain 11 pounds over that time, and then back to business.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I don't get the "zAveN cOLLiNs iS tOO sLoW" crowd.

If you are using Simmons for comparison then that's hardly fair.

Here's the time's for some good starting LB's in the NFL drafted recently. I had to stretch what you might consider the definition of good because while looking this up it became apparent that there have not been many good ILB's come out of college in recent years.

Dre Greenlaw 4.73 at 237lbs
Leighton Vander Esch 4.65 at 256lb
Reggie Ragland 4.72 at 247lb
Blake Martinez 4.71 at 237lb
Joe Schobert 4.76 at 244lb
Corey Littleton 4.73 at 238lb
Matt Milano 4.67 at 223lb - That's as fast as Collins with 36lbs less weight
Darius Leonard 4.70 at 234lb
Fred Warner 4.64 at 236lb

Tanner Valejo ran the same time as Collins at 31 lbs lighter!

There are a bunch of guys here I know people wanted in FA, or would love to have on this team. Sure, there are some freaks like Devin White and Simmons come out recently but they are the exception, not the rule. And many of them have 20-30lbs on Collins.

So he definitely isn't slow.
It's all relative, I mean would you rather have a guy who runs 4.6 in shorts but runs 4.7 in pads, or a dude who runs 4.4 in shorts and 4.8 in pads? He looks plenty fast enough on the field.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss

Round 1, No. 16 overall: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

My take: This was a safe pick for the Cardinals, that's pretty clear. Collins is a talent and he's versatile, which will leave defensive coordinator Vance Joseph dreaming about where to line him up -- much like he did with Isaiah Simmons last season. But the Cardinals are facing a make-or-break season, and it seems like it would've made more sense for them to either trade back to gather more picks -- even some for next year's deep draft -- or to take a chance on a wide receiver or cornerback, both of which are positions that could help them win this season. Collins isn't the issue here. It's the decision to take him. Collins will be someone Arizona can groom at inside linebacker and play outside in a pinch. But with those positions already established, the need to win seemed like it was put on the back burner.

https://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-c...draft-picks-2021-analysis-for-every-selection

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The best part about this pick (along with Simmons to be honest) is that Collins can have a role in any scheme. If everyone gets fired, Simmons and Collins will still be able to be cornerstones of whatever defense we run.

I had the same take over the weekend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave