2020 NFL Draft Almost was Live in Las Vegas.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine recommended Aria or Cosmopolitan. Anyone been?

My wife and I just stayed there a couple of weeks ago and the Cosmo was beautiful. I looked at staying there for the draft but it was crazy expensive because of the draft ($650 a night).

I ended up booking the Westin Lake Las Vegas because I get a special discount there through my work ($120 a night):

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laswi-the-westin-lake-las-vegas-resort-and-spa/

It's closer to the Hoover Dam than the Strip, but since my son is only 13 it's not like I'll be hanging out on The Strip all night long. So I don't mind being off the strip and saving a ton of money.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Counting the weeks. Ready for crab legs, cigars, and a wide receiver off the board in the first two rounds

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am 50/50 I have a room at the Excalibur (lol) if I want to go

Excel has 2 of the best bartenders on the entire strip - both have been there since the joint opened in 1990. Hit the Lobby Bar. Feed a few quarters into the bartop poker and your belts are comped. Be nice to these guys and tip them appropriately and you'll get outstanding service and chatter. John John works the north end, Monte the south end.

Back to the original question - I'm planning on going. Best buddy now lives in Henderson so I don't have to deal with $40 "resort fees" any more. Should be a blast.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I considered going if I could get a fountain side room at the Cosmopolitan to watch the draft from the balcony but it's waaaaaaay to pricey to pull that off.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A friend of mine recommended Aria or Cosmopolitan. Anyone been?

The Cosmopolitan basically ruined the rest of Vegas for me. In 2013 I managed to get a fountain view suite for a bachelor party for an absolutely unheard of deal and now I have trouble staying anywhere else. The service is great and there are basically no children there,

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
How are they dolling out tickets for the draft? In NY you had to stand out front of Radio City Music Hall to get your ticket. In Chicago the did a lottery which I did not get drawn for, but they offered me a ticket to stand outside and watch it on TV. No Thanks just curious, as I would think about going if I could guarantee I got a ticket.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are they dolling out tickets for the draft? In NY you had to stand out front of Radio City Music Hall to get your ticket. In Chicago the did a lottery which I did not get drawn for, but they offered me a ticket to stand outside and watch it on TV. No Thanks just curious, as I would think about going if I could guarantee I got a ticket.

Cards doing a drawing for season ticket holders who pay early

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it's outside like in Nashville it probably won't get cancelled.
Will be canceled as well
Doesn't change much being in or outdoor , people will be closer to each others and it's extremely communicable
No chance things will change
Or just if the virus can't resist with high temperatures

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will be canceled as well
Doesn't change much being in or outdoor , people will be closer to each others and it's extremely communicable
No chance things will change
Or just if the virus can't resist with high temperatures
I'm hoping the high temperatures kill it off?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Mother nature has its own way of correcting itself, in this case the world wide over population of us human beings. A plague is simply something that happens every few hundred years to drastically reduce the overpopulation by 20-50%. Us sports fans need to suck it up and do our part by continuing on as normal to let nature take its course. True, we will all miss the large % of us that don't make it, but still it is a necessary sacrifice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave