2020 Draft

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I dislike helping Dallas. If the Suns were going to do something like this, I'd prefer 14 and 30 from Boston.

Seth Curry would be a nice addition though. I guess that's the sweetener.

Edit: I'd seriously think about this trade knowing James Jones' draft tendencies.

2. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

I’d do a trade back with Boston but not Dallas. And Aaron Nesmith is Cam Johnson.

3. Mainstreet

I'd be shocked if Dallas parted with Seth Curry except for a star.

4. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

Why? The Suns cut him for nothing...

5. Mainstreet

I believe the same with Christian Woods. This happens in the NBA.

6. offset

offset i have a special purpose

7. Mainstreet

For comparison to De'Aron Fox.

I don't feel the same way about Lewis as I did Fox but I haven't seen him play in a live game.

8. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

Fox was a better passer and decision maker.

9. Mainstreet

Fox's speed was incredible. What first caught my eye, he could get to the rim at will playing for Kentucky.

10. Raindog

Raindog Registered

Cam Johnson not being a flop notwithstanding, I still don't have a lot of confidence James Jones has any more of a clue than McD did. The jury is definitely still out. That's why we're all kvetching over this draft.

11. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

Also more explosive which lets him get wherever he wants despite the average 3pt shot. Kira will have to develop into an excellent shooter.

12. Yuma

Yuma Working from home. Missing my free coffee!

Since Magic, I like my PGs over 6'9"

13. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

If Nesmith is that unathletic, I don't want him. And that means Bane, who is less athletic than Nesmith, is Jimmer Fredette (though I still think the best comparison for Bane is Trajan Langdon).

14. Raze

Raze Suns fan since '89

One name that hasn't got a lot of mention by us is Leandro Bolmaro. I was seriously disinterested in watching his film as I don't want to draft ANOTHER wing so why bother watching film. After Kellan mentioned him I relented and decided to give him a shot the other day. I was majorly impressed. Had some "wow" moments watching film.

While I don't think he's superstar material, he is the guy that everyone wants on their team. He goes all out all the time. Incredible defender at 6-7 and probably the best natural passer in the draft. He ran his offense quite a bit overseas and was comfortable in the role. His shooting percentage is troubling, but his shot form isn't. He also is pretty savvy around the basket.

Not sure about his fit here, but I am sure whoever gets him is going to love him. (Spurs are probably all over this guy if they trade back into the 20's.) He is a bit of a reach at #10, but I'll take him over some of the other names being mentioned (Bane or Riller).

A side note: I'm seriously guilty of Prospect Over Exposure. I've seen more film in this draft than in any draft ever... by far. I'm hanging on by a thread maintaining that this draft is weak, but there are a lot of guys I'm starting to like in the teens and 20's. I wonder how many FO's are also struggling with over exposure right now. The extra 6 months of watching film will probably lead to some teams overreacting and overreaching for some of these prospects. The Suns could take advantage of that if the opportunity presents itself.

15. Mainstreet

Zach Lowe of ESPN doesn't think first round picks will be sold but perhaps picks at the end of the first round traded for future first rounders. Second round picks may be a different matter.

From RealGM:

"People are interested to see how the draft unfolds this year in a pandemic where a lot of teams are losing money," said Zach Lowe on his podcast. "Like, will some teams sell draft picks? I don't think we'll see a first round pick sold. The fallout from that is so negative with your fanbase. But I do think we'll see teams at the bottom of the first round try to trade for future first rounders to get out of the obligation now, but not sell, sell. Second rounders thought they'll sell."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...-Expected-To-Be-Sold-Despite-Drop-In-Revenues