1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring on either team totally healthy. Both will be a battle, but one we will win in the end.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Holiday is a beast. Maybe they have a chance if he keeps playing like this. Hoping Atlanta come back and force a game 7 though.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Man, i'm gonna miss Marv Albert. That guy has been the voice of my whole life.
He's been great through the years but it's time for him to retire. He's making a lot of mistakes. I heard many tonight. He would often say the wrong team. Marv is 80 years old. Al McCoy at 88 is much sharper.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm shocked Marv Albert was able to keep his career going after the scandal in the mid to late 90's that involved him biting women. I know that cost him his job with NBC but they also lost the NBA not long after.

Whenever I hear him now I think of his idiot brother who worked Suns games during our darkest years and that craziness.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Recently found out Kenny Albert is his son. Probably should have known that before.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Report: Pelicans interested in trading for Cavs big man Kevin Love

Per sources, potential Love suitors include the Pelicans, 76ers, Heat, Clippers and Trail Blazers. It is believed Love is hoping to move on from the Cavs, but no trade requests have been made and sources say there’s no reason to believe a request is forthcoming.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm shocked Marv Albert was able to keep his career going after the scandal in the mid to late 90's that involved him biting women. I know that cost him his job with NBC but they also lost the NBA not long after.

Whenever I hear him now I think of his idiot brother who worked Suns games during our darkest years and that craziness.
yeah I remember that scandal. he was such a staple in the 90s, in my opinion, of all the broadcasters that affected American sport pop culture in those days, he was only second to John Madden.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rumors already began to swirl of Tatum donning his recruiting cap, as the Celtics star helped nudge Damian Lillard to commit to the Olympic team. Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix further fueled recruiting speculations claiming that a conversation between Tatum and close friend Bradley Beal about possibly joining forces is “going to take place” while the two are playing together in Tokyo.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

NBA Rumors: Los Angeles Lakers Could Land DeMar DeRozan For Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell And No. 22 Pick

Dan Favale of Bleacher Report suggests a sign-and-trade between the Lakers and Spurs to land DeMar DeRozan in exchange for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, and the No. 22 pick in the 2021 NBA draft.

Kyle Kuzma has improved his defense enough to be viewed as an asset on a three-year, $39 million pact (2023-24 player option). His standstill three-point shooting isn't knockdown, but it's good enough. The Spurs should have the runway to plumb the depths of his on-ball offense, an opportunity he hasn't enjoyed since his rookie season.

Also: Pop hearts Kuz.

Montrezl Harrell doesn't fit the San Antonio big-man mold, but he's on an expiring contract, and they could use some rim-running pressure at the 5 spot. The value of No. 22 is self-explanatory: It's another first-round prospect for a team that should want as many bites at the first-round apple as possible.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It looks like the Lakers are trying to upgrade their roster anyway they can.

DeMar DeRozan will be a free agent next season.

Harrell has a player option for $9,720,900 so I think he picks it up and goes elsewhere.

So it's really Kuzma and #22 for a player a player the Lakers hope to re-sign if they trade for him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

DeRozen seems like a bad fit with LeBron and AD. I'm not sure there is a worse All-Star caliber player they could add. He can't shoot from outside and will screw up their spacing almost as much as Drummond without the benefit of being a big body who can guard the paint or rebound.

I say go for it!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Booker can also play recruiter this summer and has more ammo than Tatum with this year's success and stability at HC with Monty. PHX obviously won't need a big piece this offseason, well depending on what Paul does but he could build ties that would come to fruition in a post Paul era whenever it comes.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Does Derozan fix there problem? I think he makes them worse he’s not a good fit. Lebron likes spacing and for the lane to be open. Derozan does all his work in the midrange.

there going to want him to camp out at the 3 and leave the lane for AD and Lebron plus Derozan doesn’t play any defense

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“I’ve heard that Nets ownership was quite upset with Kyrie’s pause, especially that maskless party that turned his psuedo-paternity leave into more like a COVID suspension. And in the last week I’ve heard rumblings — whispers, really, because cracking the Nets is kind of like breaking into the Kremlin, that Brooklyn GM Sean Marks would maybe, possibly, apparently be willing to at least listen to a trade offer for Kyrie this offseason.”
“Tried to clear up Kyrie trade stuff here: more like grumbling than rumblings from #Nets MGMT. He controls them more than they do him—that’s a good thing. A solution, as Steve Nash’s team motto goes: Protect the Group. AKA let Ky be Ky. Not gonna deal him.”

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I can't see many teams willing to give up value for Kyrie. They would have to sell for roughly 10 cents on the dollar because he's just such a head case.

I was going to say he was untradeable but then I remembered the Knicks have the cap space to absorb his contract and the Lakers would probably take him in on a sign and trade for Schroeder. The Lakers don't really have another way to bring him in. I can't see why the Nets would want Schroeder, especially at max money, or close to it.

One other scary thought I had was a sign and trade with the Clippers for Kawhi, if Leonard wants out. A team of Kawhi, KD, and Harden is more talented than KD, Irving, and Harden but less likely to suit up at the same time.

Other than those big market teams that ignore the salary cap, I don't see anyone else willing to go after Kyrie.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeRozen seems like a bad fit with LeBron and AD. I'm not sure there is a worse All-Star caliber player they could add. He can't shoot from outside and will screw up their spacing almost as much as Drummond without the benefit of being a big body who can guard the paint or rebound.

I say go for it!

If they do this trade, I think they are trying to improve their roster anyway they can figuring they can trade him later sort of like the Warriors did with D'Angelo Russell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard