2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Players with different styles can play the power position. I'm not going to spend the night tracking down pictures.
Yep.

Tayshaun prince...Kevin Garnett (until he bulked up). These guys were 'thinner' but had great positioning and played with amazing leverage down in the post from what I remember.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.

Tayshaun prince...Kevin Garnett (until he bulked up). These guys were 'thinner' but had great positioning and played with amazing leverage down in the post from what I remember.

Yeah, some of these players change during their career and they choose not to bulk up to keep mobility.

I was also thinking about Porzingis and Ingram as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players with different styles can play the power position. I'm not going to spend the night tracking down pictures.

No one asked for pictures. But cute attempt to shift the goal posts. And again, I’m not asking about different styles. I’m asking about body type. Because that’s the conversation that pertains to Stix. So, I’m asking you for examples... players who have shown the ability to bang while being stick figures.

If you don’t know who those players are, you could always just say maybe you’re wrong. Hell, I just did it on my recollection of Tyson Chandler.

or you can just keep deflecting by bringing “pictures” I never asked for or moving the goalposts about “other styles” when the conversation is about Stix and how other players with his body type were or were not successful as bangers.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.

Tayshaun wasn’t a banger. He played SF and was a sick perimeter defender and even guarded some 2s and some 1s like a beast. Sheed, Ben Wallace, McDyess, Williamson were the bangers on those Detroit teams.

KG was one of the most athletic guys ever and was 7 foot. That gives him a couple edges over Stix who’s 6’10 and a good athlete but not super human like KG.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, some of these players change during their career and they choose not to bulk up to keep mobility.

I was also thinking about Porzingis and Ingram as well.

neither of those guys are bangers and they’re both atrocious defensive players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was 2013

Bleacherreport.com/articles/1715500-tyson-chandler-looks-like-hes-been-skipping-leg-day-at-the-gym

You must be registered for see images attach
Wow that’s crazy. Looks like it’s photoshopped of someone else’s legs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I sure do!

I find this fascinating. Do you really believe Kawai is a player who rests on his reputation and was just coasting defensively?
I think he’s a player who has become more selective in when he gives all out effort. I mean, that’s pretty damn consistent with taking games off for rest regularly which he’s famous for.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure do!

I find this fascinating. Do you really believe Kawai is a player who rests on his reputation and was just coasting defensively?

He did a good portion of the first round against the Mavs. I hadn't seen him much during the season but was disappointed by how uninterested he was on defense in that series. Even when he was on Luka, he'd take plays off.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I think he’s a player who has become more selective in when he gives all out effort. I mean, that’s pretty damn consistent with taking games off for rest regularly which he’s famous for.

Not playing and slacking off are two different things. Haters gonna hate. I can guarantee that if Kawai played for the Suns you would not feel that way.

Last edited:

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Monta Ellis, Marcus Camby, Tayshaun Prince, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Kevin Martin, Samuel Dalembert, Corey Brewer, Andrei Kirilenko, Tyrus Thomas, Kevin Durant, Luol Deng, Allen Iverson, Mario Chalmers, Steve Blake, Jamario Moon, Kevin Garnett, Darrell Arthur, Stromile Swift, Chris Bosh, Joakim Noah, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Julian Wright, Travis Outlaw, Rajon Rondo, Gerald Wallace, Daniel Gibson, Gerald Green, Josh Howard, J.R. Smith, Andray Blatche, C.J. Miles, Mikki Moore, Matt Barnes, Robin Lopez, Channing Frye, Martell Webster, Rashard Lewis, Amir Johnson, Andris Bierdrins, Stephen Jackson, Brandan Wright, Carl Landry, T.J. Ford, Trevor Ariza, Shaun Livingston, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Devin Harris, and Chris Andersen.

found a list of skinny nba players. not that any of this proves anything

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
build wise Stix is about where Bosh (6'11" 210) was when he was drafted

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kawahi out for tonight and possibly the rest of the series.

it is starting feel like suns are destined to win the title

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not playing and slacking off are two different things. Haters gonna hate. I can guarantee that if Kawai played for the Suns you would not feel that way.
Lol at calling me a hater. It’s an observation. I neither love nor hate kawhi. He actually generates no emotional response in me whatsoever.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns would beat Kawhi-less Clippers even if they don’t have Paul for the first few games.

Jazz probably still going 7 (Jazz likely win if Kawhi out).

Suns could win 4 out of 5 against Jazz if Paul missed first two: just have to win one road game. Conley’s health will be critical. Moore could easily have some solid minutes. Would be great for James Jones’ EOY application if Suns split in Utah after a big game from Moore

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose