2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh freaking nets.... but good for nash my all time sun hooe gets out of east....

Go suns!!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta win it this year. Nets are going to be even scarier next year if healthy. LeBron/AD should be rested/motivated. Tons of young talent around the league getting better.

Now is the time to win the whole dang thing. As of now the Suns look the least flawed. Dont have the highest upside, but just gotta figure out how to win 8 games.

This is the year to get it done.

Next year? They might be able to get healthy by the end of the WCF. It's going to be tough but if they are? They are the most talented roster in the NBA. I agree though...the Suns seemingly have some things lining up. They need 8 to get it done.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Man these playoffs have been full of drama already. Who knows what will happen next. Very entertaining.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Next year? They might be able to get healthy by the end of the WCF. It's going to be tough but if they are? They are the most talented roster in the NBA. I agree though...the Suns seemingly have some things lining up. They need 8 to get it done.
However foolish it is I'm hoping KD is spent, Harden is cooked and the Bucks come back and win the series.

Giannis needs to get his act together. Screw the coach. Guard KD. At least make some of the shots tough on him. One or two stops and its a different game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Nets don't need a healthy Harden and Kyrie to beat the Bucks. Even one of them at 40-50% is enough to get past Milwaukee and probably a hobbled Sixers squad. They only need 1 of their big 3 to get out of the East and they have the best one healthy right now in Durant.

It'll be tougher for them in the finals but hopefully they continue to get pushed on their way there so they can't get KD's sidekicks up to more than 50-60%.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My daughter asked who is the guy with skinny legs. I laughed and told her it was Kevin Durant, one of the best players in the NBA.

And then it hit me, Stix has skinny legs as well. For some reason I never thought much about it in relation to a player like Durant. I keep thinking he has to build up his lower body although it wouldn't hurt.

So there is plenty of hope for Jalen Smith to develop into the player we want him to be.
If this isn’t saying, “look Durant has skinny legs so stix could become good as well” I don’t know what else you could possibly be saying. And if it is saying that I reiterate my point. Using durants legs as a basis for hope for stix is absurd.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That is a very unusual take and I don't think you'll find many knowledge people who agree with you. Have you watched a lot of clippers games?
I live in the greater LA area. I probably watched at least parts of likely 3/4ths of their season as a guesstimate.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That is a very unusual take and I don't think you'll find many knowledge people who agree with you. Have you watched a lot of clippers games?
Btw, even the color guy last game made the same comment I did. I’d venture to guess he likely qualifies as “knowledge people.”

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this isn’t saying, “look Durant has skinny legs so stix could become good as well” I don’t know what else you could possibly be saying. And if it is saying that I reiterate my point. Using durants legs as a basis for hope for stix is absurd.

Only saying players with skinny legs can be good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did lay context if you read my original post.

But your context makes zero cents.

do they play the same style? Do they play the same position? If not, how do their body types being similar show that Stix can be successful when his game is totally different?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But your context makes zero cents.

do they play the same style? Do they play the same position? If not, how do their body types being similar show that Stix can be successful when his game is totally different?

The context made sense.

You are trying to make a straw man argument with the underlined.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. but the question is WHERE can they be good? Can they be good as a defensive presence down low banging with the big boys?

I'm guessing players with skinny legs can be good at most positions.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing players with skinny legs can be good at most positions.

But we’re not talking about most positions are we in re: Stix. Can they be good at power positions where they have to bang with big guys constantly? If so, can you give me examples of such players?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But we’re not talking about most positions are we in re: Stix. Can they be good at power positions where they have to bang with big guys constantly? If so, can you give me examples of such players?

Andrei Kirelinko (sp?) would be a fair comparison

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyson Chandler?

This isn’t a bad comparison. That said, Chandler was lean, but he wasn’t a Stick figure down low like Stix. He also got pushed around/hurt a lot early in his career before he put weight on to deal with the pounding.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrei Kirelinko (sp?) would be a fair comparison

broke down constantly. Also, wasn’t a banger. Was more of a first generation tall wing who handled the ball and drove to the basket. That’s not Stix’s game at all.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn’t a bad comparison. That said, Chandler was lean, but he wasn’t a Stick figure down low like Stix. He also got pushed around/hurt a lot early in his career before he put weight on to deal with the pounding.

This was 2013

Bleacherreport.com/articles/1715500-tyson-chandler-looks-like-hes-been-skipping-leg-day-at-the-gym

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was 2015

Bleacherreport.com/articles/1715500-tyson-chandler-looks-like-hes-been-skipping-leg-day-at-the-gym

HOLY COW. Well, I was wrong about him bulking up so there’s one! Chandler definitely banged with guys, but he was also consistently breaking down and injury prone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Players with different styles can play the power position. I'm not going to spend the night tracking down pictures.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was 2013

Yeah. I saw Tyson a few years back (2018/19) in person at a juice joint in Scottsdale and I was kinda shocked how thin he seemed at the time. I couldn't use the word 'bulk'...that's for sure