2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be a good finish as Hawks offense is starting to click as they lead by 2 with 5:15 left in game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be a good finish as Hawks offense is starting to click as they lead by 2 with 5:15 left in game.

Yeah let's see if they can keep it up with Embiid back in the game. His offense is missing but he's still a factor defensively.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah let's see if they can keep it up with Embiid back in the game. His offense is missing but he's still a factor defensively.

Hawks are unbelievably cold with their shooting. They are missing open looks.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really hate these reviews, as they act as a timeouts and coaches are allowed to gameplan and draw something up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawks win but it looked like neither team wanted to win it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I want to agree with this, especially when there is no possibility for a shot attempt. I will also say that sometimes defenders do cross the line with being over physical and players use this move to create space. I don't like the idea of making rule changes that are difficult for the refs to enforce. If the offensive player is out of control and initiates the contact (like a charge) then he shouldn't be rewarded with a foul. I will also say that a unique player like Luka for example, makes a living out of making unconventional off balance type shots with unnatural motions. as it is stands he sometimes gets punished with not getting awarded a continuation or foul call on what for him is a makable shot. in fact in the clippers series he had a couple of converted shots not called a continuation. I hope that this doesn't further punish him or other players who bring something different to the table.
Sorry but :rolleyes:. There are some moves, like young’s backwards jump, that are just so stupid they should not only not be rewarded they should be penalized. If you have to jump sideways to initiate contact that means you can go straight up for a normal shot. Don’t reward the stupidity. I know you’ll bear the brunt of some of this as luka lives jumping sideways into players for a foul, but that’s not a good shooting motion, even for him, if the idea is maximizing your ability to actually make the shot instead of just drawing a foul.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clips looking scary good right now.

if they play to their potential they are damn good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yup. If the Clips are clicking we need to be hitting on all cyclinders as well.

I think a series with them goes 7.

we can beat Utah in 6.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's their biggest problem though, they don't play to their potential very often.

They remind me of the late 90's/early 2000's JailBlazers. They have a ton of talent but its rare they coast more than anything.

Id be very surprised if Ty Lue is the coach to snap them out of it also. I'm still surprised thats the direction they went after firing Doc Rivers. Doc got let go a year early, IMO. Hes probably not the right guy either but he got the blame for their bubble collapse and chemistry issues.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers start four forwards that are long and athletic along with a point guard.

Since they can defend they are tough for the Jazz or any team to deal with. They are quicker than their opponent.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yup. If the Clips are clicking we need to be hitting on all cyclinders as well.

I think a series with them goes 7.

we can beat Utah in 6.

Sounds like what we all posted before the Nuggets series. I think we beat the Clippers in 5 and Utah in 4 or 5.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The clippers having five guys that can drive the hole, with three of them being high level ballhandler/finishers makes them dangerous.

Gobert a inability to take advantage of them going small is a killer for the jazz. I’m concerned Ayton would likewise not take advantage offensively.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like the Jazz are running in mud on defense.

They can't match up with quickness and length of the Clippers forwards who can all shoot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's like the Jazz are running in mud on defense.

They can't match up with quickness and length of the Clippers forwards who can all shoot.
Shoot and drive. They’ve gone almost full positionless basketball other point guard.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Might get crushed for this, but I think a healthy Lakers team based on star power would have overwhelmed the Suns eventually. Saw glimpses in game 3.

I really hope the Clippers lose to the Jazz. Cause I'd fear Kawhi/PG in a game 7.

Now I know that sounds off after their failure last year against the Nuggets. Just saying I'd rather not risk playing a series where they have two guys who can be the best players on the floor.

I'd obviously take Book/Paul right now over PG. However, itd be crazy to deny his potential and the fact he's going to get crushed if they lose again.

I'd give the Suns a good shot to beat the Clippers as well, but give me the Jazz all day.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot and drive. They’ve gone almost full positionless basketball other point guard.

Yeah, they play positionless basketball. They wouldn't even need a point guard except for depth if they had another forward ready to go.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like what we all posted before the Nuggets series. I think we beat the Clippers in 5 and Utah in 4 or 5.

hey... I’d love to see either and lean more toward a 5 game series with Utah, but I think matchups bother too much to see 5 with the Clips.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose