2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holiday is much better than Bledsoe. Im surprised Suns fans who’ve watched Bledsoe play don’t realize how poor his bbiq is and how overrated his defense is.

Holiday is better but they wouldn't have needed to off their next 4 first round picks to swap the two if they didn't extend Bledsoe and let.Brogdon walk in the first place. I wouldn't say Holiday is that much better than Bledsoe either, maybe 1 first but not multiple and definitely not 4. I believe its 2 and 2 swaps, which is a lot.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Holiday is better but they wouldn't have needed to off their next 4 first round picks to swap the two if they didn't extend Bledsoe and let.Brogdon walk in the first place. I wouldn't say Holiday is that much better than Bledsoe either, maybe 1 first but not multiple and definitely not 4. I believe its 2 and 2 swaps, which is a lot.

They overpaid because it kept Giannis there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I expect Game 3 against the Nuggets to be a lot like this one.
Lol I was just going to post the same. And it don’t matter if you win big like we do or win ugly like the bucks did. 2-1 is a series. I really hope we come out swinging, don’t take them lightly and walk away 3-0.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They overpaid because it kept Giannis there.

I get making Giannis happy but they really should have kept Brogdon initially and then they'd be in a better spot today. Having a backcourt of Brogdon and Holiday or Brogdon and Bledsoe would be better than what they have now. Ultimately they cheeped out with Brogdon and were in a position where they had to sell low on Bledsoe to get Holiday.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect Game 3 against the Nuggets to be a lot like this one.

i really don’t. Who is going to score for them besides Jocic?

I think they literally can’t score enough points to beat the suns, unless the suns play abysmally.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think they literally can’t score enough points to beat the suns, unless the suns play abysmally.

Just look at their wins vs Portland. They scored 120, 126, and 128. They also scored 147 in double overtime. They can score, our defense has just shut them down very well in the first 2 games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We’ve allowed a lot of nobodies to score against us when we play lifeless. We haven’t seen it in the playoffs, thank goodness. But anyone that’s watched the suns know we can play down to really bad teams. If the suns now consider the nuggets really bad after shellacking them twice it could easily happen in the altitude with their return home, barton getting more run, and if porter returns to health.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If both us and Utah take care of business, I think the NBA is in for a completely unexpected war/classic series for the WCF.

we’re both very very good TEAMS, with wild home courts.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just look at their wins vs Portland. They scored 120, 126, and 128. They also scored 147 in double overtime. They can score, our defense has just shut them down very well in the first 2 games.

portland does not play defense.

I just don’t see the suns letting up on defense. Our shooting may fail us, but it’s not likely.

I actually am expecting a sweep.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz 50 points on 3’s. I don’t think I want the Jazz any longer.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz 50 points on 3’s. I don’t think I want the Jazz any longer.

60 points from 3's. that's all they do, bomb 3's and attack the basket. They shot 20-39 from 3. Had 32 points in the paint and hit 13 free throws. That's 105 of their 117 points.

They'll be a tough matchup stylistically.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surefire sign in sports you’re getting old:

You remember all these NBA Coaches getting their start as PLAYERS decades ago.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
60 points from 3's. that's all they do, bomb 3's and attack the basket. They shot 20-39 from 3. Had 32 points in the paint and hit 13 free throws. That's 105 of their 117 points.

They'll be a tough matchup stylistically.

The Jazz could be the best team in the NBA. Suns are 3-0 against Utah beating them with and without Mike Conley.

At least the Suns have a blueprint of how to win.

I'm not looking past Denver though.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Jazz could be the best team in the NBA. Suns are 3-0 against Utah beating them with and without Mike Conley.

At least the Suns have a blueprint of how to win.

I'm not looking past Denver though.

The one thing that worries me about the Jazz - in those three games we played them - I can remember in at least 2 of them they shot very poorly from 3 and the suns still barely won.

I am looking past Denver, only way suns lose to them is if we lose multiple players to injury.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one thing that worries me about the Jazz - in those three games we played them - I can remember in at least 2 of them they shot very poorly from 3 and the suns still barely won.

I am looking past Denver, only way suns lose to them is if we lose multiple players to injury.

I'm hoping the Suns defense had something to do with those wins.

However, those victories only tell me the Suns are capable of beating the Jazz in a series... nothing more.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Man, Donovan Mitchell is on another level right now. A Jazz matchup scares me, they are disciplined on defense and share the ball on offense. They can get 3 happy, and potentially soft in the mid range on defense, but it will be a dogfight.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, Donovan Mitchell is on another level right now. A Jazz matchup scares me, they are disciplined on defense and share the ball on offense. They can get 3 happy, and potentially soft in the mid range on defense, but it will be a dogfight.

They scare me more with Conley out. It seems they move the ball more without him. Its not his fault, he's a decent facilitator but without him Mitchell takes over as PG and he's more willing to pass since he knows he'll have it every possession. I'm surprised they didn't make him their full-time PG after losing Rubio because he seems to play better there. Find a good 3&D combo guard to pair with him.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I love both about the Jazz and Suns are the way they play the game. Balanced offense/defense.

you watch the Nets and they don’t play much D. I watched the Nets bucks game yesterday and was not that impressed with Giannis. He passes up a lot of good midrange shots to go for contested shots at the rim.

Durant is the scary player in that series.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I love both about the Jazz and Suns are the way they play the game. Balanced offense/defense.

you watch the Nets and they don’t play much D. I watched the Nets bucks game yesterday and was not that impressed with Giannis. He passes up a lot of good midrange shots to go for contested shots at the rim.

I've always been a fan of how the Jazz play going back to the Jerry Sloan days. They are a good team to pattern for consistency.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Look, there are only 8 teams left playing. They all should be good. No one is likely to be a cakewalk at this juncture.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I heard a stat today, in 74 shots taken in playoffs with 0-2 dribbles he’s shooting 64%. In 75 shots taken with 3+ dribbles he’s shooting 36%. And he’s been abysmal from 3. He’s a classic case of dude, know who you are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose