2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week Windhorst reported Anthony Davis is going to sign a 1+1 in order to sign Giannis next summer. Now he’s publicly talking about playing with both guys and being willing to sacrifice? Of course he mentions it being in Milwaukee where there’s literally a 0% chance of that actually happening.

If this happens the CBA should be terminated at the first opportunity by the NBA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week Windhorst reported Anthony Davis is going to sign a 1+1 in order to sign Giannis next summer. Now he’s publicly talking about playing with both guys and being willing to sacrifice? Of course he mentions it being in Milwaukee where there’s literally a 0% chance of that actually happening.

Got it. I wasn't going beyond the actual words of that post. That sucks for Milwaukee, hope our turn to lose our star isn't coming soon afterwards.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I mean he did say "If LeBron, KD, or AD want to join me in Milwaukee, I will be happy". That sounds a lot like he is suggesting that he wants to stay and build something there.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns need to p
I mean he did say "If LeBron, KD, or AD want to join me in Milwaukee, I will be happy". That sounds a lot like he is suggesting that he wants to stay and build something there.
He was saying that he is interested in pursuing a championship with a super team. He is willing to sacrifice to do that—as in turn down a Supermax. The idea of doing that in Milwaukee is just window dressing. Btw. AD hasn’t signed yet, has he?

He’s not staying in Milwaukee. If I was the Bucks I would start considering a trade.

The NBA has a farm system. It’s all the small market teams.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Nash giving Mike D'Antoni some recognition. Always nice to see they built a relationship in Phoenix.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He also called Lebron his idol who himself has jumped ship 4 times.
Three. But who's counting.

LeBron is angling to own the Lakers some day. You watch. He and Rich Paul want to own this league. But its not time to give in. The Suns need to keep working to build their reputation as a team. We are not LA, but we are also not a small market in a cold northern city. Putting together a big three of Paul, Booker, and Ayton is a bit risky on two fronts. Paul's age and potential injury status and Ayton's development curve. But given the circumstances, it might be the best move possible.

I still would liked to have kept Rubio somehow.

Teams that make the switch to contender usually have to have some player that develops out of the blue to go along with the stars collected. Toronto had Siakam and Vanvleet. GSW had Green.

We need a guy to develop that way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that ain’t sacrificing. It’s straight up capitulation.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are in an interesting place this year. The sky is the limit if the stars align perfectly. This team has to stay healthy. It has to gel. Young players have to develop at a decent pace, and things (injuries, discontent, etc) have to happen with others teams (something ALWAYS happens with someone).

The Raptors won their championship by being good enough to take advantage of an opportune moment.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t argue with any of those teams getting a prime slot of ahead of us.

It's hard to argue. At least every match-up involves a playoff team, sometimes two.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors and Pelicans.

Not really. The Warriors are still one year removed from the Finals after a season where they lost the entire thing to injury to both of its stars.

the pelicans have Zion.

we don’t have anything that compares to the national clout either of those two teams have.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not really. The Warriors are still one year removed from the Finals after a season where they lost the entire thing to injury to both of its stars.

the pelicans have Zion.

we don’t have anything that compares to the national clout either of those two teams have.
Yep. The NBA is all about marketing their players and there has been no more hyped player in recent years than Zion. Gotta admit, he is amazing to watch.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

the pelicans have Zion.

Disagree. Warriors have lost one of those two stars and Zion by himself is a draw, but not more than CP3 and Devin Booker.

But it’s as far from a big deal as it can be, so I’m just going to shrug it off.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From a showmans point of view, Zion and Luka are fun to watch but will probably lose.

Otherwise Booker and CP3 would provide a very competitive match.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Suns need to p

He was saying that he is interested in pursuing a championship with a super team. He is willing to sacrifice to do that—as in turn down a Supermax. The idea of doing that in Milwaukee is just window dressing. Btw. AD hasn’t signed yet, has he?

He’s not staying in Milwaukee. If I was the Bucks I would start considering a trade.

The NBA has a farm system. It’s all the small market teams.
I’m not suggesting that he is dead set on staying in Milwaukee, but only that saying that seems to suggest that he would at least prefer for it to happen there. Why else would he say that if he didn’t prefer to build a team there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not suggesting that he is dead set on staying in Milwaukee, but only that saying that seems to suggest that he would at least prefer for it to happen there. Why else would he say that if he didn’t prefer to build a team there.

You’re not serious with that last question, are you? maybe because saying he would want to do it elsewhere would make him the biggest heel and LOATHED in Milwaukee for the next year and probably put tampering charges in the air for whoever did sign him?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You’re not serious with that last question, are you? maybe because saying he would want to do it elsewhere would make him the biggest heel and LOATHED in Milwaukee for the next year and probably put tampering charges in the air for whoever did sign him?
My point is that he didn’t have to say it at all. He could had said something completely vague like “of course I would have no problem playing with other great players”, but instead he specifically states “if they want to join me in Milwaukee”. Why would he specifically say that if he at least didn’t prefer to build something there? Not saying he is set on staying, but he might be willing to give Milwaukee a chance to put something together, who knows.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point is that he didn’t have to say it at all. He could had said something completely vague like “of course I would have no problem playing with other great players”, but instead he specifically states “if they want to join me in Milwaukee”. Why would he specifically say that if he at least didn’t prefer to build something there? Not saying he is set on staying, but he might be willing to give Milwaukee a chance to put something together, who knows.

I don't know if he's really saying what he feels or not. But in the past he's been pretty plain spoken about his future and his goals, for whatever that's worth.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I don’t think you guys have to worry. He’s not going to LA ...or anywhere else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Disagree. Warriors have lost one of those two stars and Zion by himself is a draw, but not more than CP3 and Devin Booker.

But it’s as far from a big deal as it can be, so I’m just going to shrug it off.
Not looking to argue, but likely 90 of 100 viewers will choose to watch Zion over cp3 or book.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA