2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think in general, i feel fans like to watch high flyers more than ground bound guys, unless they're like those Warriors teams that were the greatest shooting team anyone's ever seen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who missed it, Lebron agrees with the Lakers for a 2 year, $85 million contract extension.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
i think in general, i feel fans like to watch high flyers more than ground bound guys, unless they're like those Warriors teams that were the greatest shooting team anyone's ever seen.
For me personally I prefer basketball skill over athleticism. I obviously don't speak for everyone, but I would imagine well over 10% of basketball fans see it the same way as I do.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
For those who missed it, Lebron agrees with the Lakers for a 2 year, $85 million contract extension.

That takes the Lakers out of the Giannis sweepstakes. Exhale.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me personally I prefer basketball skill over athleticism. I obviously don't speak for everyone, but I would imagine well over 10% of basketball fans see it the same way as I do.

I never said anything about 10% of fans.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I never said anything about 10% of fans.
Never said you did, but that was the discussion being had. Ouchie stated at the beginning of this discussion that 90 of 100 fans would rather watch Zion. That might be true, but I suspect it isn't that high of a number. Suppose I could have replied to Ouchie instead, but it seemed like you were pretty much backing up what he said.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This trade looks pretty bad for Houston at face value, but if you look back at what they gave for him just a year ago it makes it so much worse. They traded Paul, 2 firsts and 2 pick swaps for Wesbrook and just got a worse return than the Thunder did for Paul.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This trade looks pretty bad for Houston at face value, but if you look back at what they gave for him just a year ago it makes it so much worse. They traded Paul, 2 firsts and 2 pick swaps for Wesbrook and just got a worse return than the Thunder did for Paul.

What do we think about a Westbrook and Beal backcourt?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Value changes quick in this league.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Wall doesn't have a big turnaround then Houston is going to struggle to make the playoffs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, they have decided to rebuild.

Harden will be traded soon.

Could be a three way with OKC to get a few of their picks.

who would OKC want that they would be willing to part with those picks. They are looking to add picks at this stage

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not really. The Warriors are still one year removed from the Finals after a season where they lost the entire thing to injury to both of its stars.

the pelicans have Zion.

we don’t have anything that compares to the national clout either of those two teams have.

Zion playing 20mpg and sitting out the 4th Q is riveting TV.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What do we think about a Westbrook and Beal backcourt?

Fits better than a Westbrook/Harden back court or a Wall/Beal backcourt.

Both teams improve here, as long as Houston keeps Wall glued to the bench and lets Harden and Gordon do all the creating and scoring.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zion playing 20mpg and sitting out the 4th Q is riveting TV.

all about getting eyeballs to the TV in the first place. And at the beginning of the season, before Zion starts breaking down, he does that more than we do.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Wall doesn't have a big turnaround then Houston is going to struggle to make the playoffs.

Wrong. Houston’s championship odds just moved from 20:1 to 16:1 at WH. RWB possessions <<< Harden/EG possessions.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
in the East? Probably good enough for a playoff spot.
I think it puts them in the playoffs pretty easily. They were close enough to get a bubble invite last year and just getting a starting caliber pg would have been enough. I'm not big on their ceiling but I think they'll be solid.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Washington is not favored to get a playoff spot. They were garbage last year (worse than Chicago and Detroit in SRS), Atlanta got much better, and Orlando was leagues beyond them. RWB is worth a few wins, maybe 5 max.

The top7 is locked in.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Wall hasn't played in two seasons and has three years, $132 million left on his contract. And the Wizards pick is protected. I guess the Rockets really felt pressure to trade Westbrook because it's not a great return.

The 2023 first-round pick is lottery protected for the Wizards. If it doesn't convey in that year, it has a succession of protections that include picks Nos. 1-12 in 2024, picks 1-10 in 2025 and picks 1-8 in 2026, sources said. If it hasn't conveyed as a first-round pick to Houston by 2026, it becomes a second-round pick in each of 2026 and 2027, sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...izards-agree-russell-westbrook-john-wall-deal

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wrong. Houston’s championship odds just moved from 20:1 to 16:1 at WH. RWB possessions <<< Harden/EG possessions.

I don't care what the odds makers say. If Wall isn't healthy that team is going to really struggle. No defense, no depth.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson