Reaction score
Boogie can't move well enough to guard anybody anymore

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of teams will want Cousins including the Nets.

The Raptors, Lakers and Mavericks are among other candidates. Cousins would even help the Suns.
I would not change a thing with this Suns team right now. I would especially not add a player like cousins. If the Suns were worse than they are now or if they were more established than they are now--I might think about it. But right now they have a really good thing going and they need to really establish this growing identity. This not the time to mess with it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not change a thing with this Suns team right now. I would especially not add a player like cousins. If the Suns were worse than they are now or if they were more established than they are now--I might think about it. But right now they have a really good thing going and they need to really establish this growing identity. This not the time to mess with it.

I would not go that far.

If there was a way to get a Markanan I would be very interested.

Cousins as free agent would be fine, but I would not trade anything for him.

While I really like the team, I think we would have a lot of problems against the Lakers big lineups if AD comes back for the playoffs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damien Jones was just released.

I really wish there was a way to get Andre Drummand cheaply to take his place.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Damian Jones contract was not fully guaranteed.

I'm guessing the Suns have someone else in mind or waiting for someone to be waived because they now have an open roster spot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More from John Gambadoro.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the Suns can add a player to help the team, I think you do it. The Suns are positioning for a playoff spot. It remains to be seen who the Suns have in mind. Monty is not going to add a player that he thinks will ruin chemistry.

The Suns have a rare window of opportunity to compete with the top teams in the NBA. I think this is the time to seize the moment if an opportunity presents itself.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More from John Gambadoro on the Suns added flexibility.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bar for any player coming to the Suns, can they help the Suns more than Damian Jones?

The question should be can they help.

Cousins, IMO, cannot help.

His impact was questionable before he had a few devastating injuries. At this point he is nothing but a name... a name that complains about playing time and can't defend a chair.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question should be can they help.

Cousins, IMO, cannot help.

His impact was questionable before he had a few devastating injuries. At this point he is nothing but a name... a name that complains about playing time and can't defend a chair.

My standard is help as well. I think the only reason Cousins' name has come up is because he is being released by the Rockets. There should be a number of players being released before the trade deadline so likely a number of options out there. I'm certainly not locked on a particular player. That said, I do think Cousins will be in demand.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
One name I heard being thrown around is Aron Baynes. Toronto has been starting him and it's been... not good. If he was waived, would he be an option?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One name I heard being thrown around is Aron Baynes. Toronto has been starting him and it's been... not good. If he was waived, would he be an option?

A defensive power forward would be ideal but Baynes would add solid depth to bolster the Suns front court.

The Suns are playing Kaminsky beside Ayton. The Suns might even give Saric more minutes at power forward with Baynes ability to play center. It would give the Suns a trickle down effect.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A defensive power forward would be ideal but Baynes would add solid depth to bolster the Suns front court.

The Suns are playing Kaminsky beside Ayton. The Suns might even give Saric more minutes at power forward with Baynes ability to play center. It would give the Suns a trickle down effect.

We also know Baynes isn't a locker room or chemistry disruptor, like Boogie could be. I'd be in favor of bringing him back but I think if money is equal, he might go back to Boston.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also know Baynes isn't a locker room or chemistry disruptor, like Boogie could be. I'd be in favor of bringing him back but I think if money is equal, he might go back to Boston.

Let's hope he has good memories of Phoenix like Frank Kaminsky. Also the Celtics have a lot of big man depth. I'd like to have him back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baynes sucks.

yeah... I’ll be honest, I kinda don’t want to bring back any more of last year’s mojo to this team than it already has. Baynes only played well that first month and isn’t a great defender. If it was him or nothing, I’d consider it but I think there will be buyout opportunities down the road who might be better and want to join a CP3 led contender.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe the Raptors would waive Baynes when he is owed $7,000,000 for this season and $7,350,000 for next season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose