2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets crushing the Lakers. We created a monster.

is it just Harden playing out of their big 3 again?

if those three guys are healthy come playoff time, I don’t know who the hell outscores them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers don't have Davis either. I know LeBron gets the lion share of credit for the Lakers success but Davis is what makes them elite.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers don't have Davis either. I know LeBron gets the lion share of credit for the Lakers success but Davis is what makes them elite.

without a doubt it’s that 1-2 punch that makes them the heavy favorite.

I know most here won’t agree with me, but if the Suns can’t be in the finals, I always want to see the best of the best in a major league title showdown.

You can’t get better than LeBron/AD v. Durant/Harden/Kyrie for all the marbles.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rockets and DeMarcus Cousins are planning to part ways. A couple of teams that might be interested are Portland and Toronto.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rockets and DeMarcus Cousins are planning to part ways. A couple of teams that might be interested are Portland and Toronto.

If he'll be a good camper and play backup for Ayton, I'd be all for bringing him in. Depends on if CP3 signs off, as well as Monty.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he'll be a good camper and play backup for Ayton, I'd be all for bringing him in. Depends on if CP3 signs off, as well as Monty.

It would be nice to see the Suns attract waived players again.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bizarre ending in the Warriors game. up 2 with 9.3 seconds the Warriors lose. Melo wins the jump ball, Charlotte gets it and Hayward falls down with the ball but apparently on the way down he calls a TO, before the walk for falling down. Draymond tied him up but didn't get the call because of the timeout. He goes nuts, get ejected. Rozier hits both FT's to tie it.

Inbounds to Rozier who hits a fadeaway 2 at the buzzer.

Curry was a pregame scratch with an illness.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bizarre ending in the Warriors game. up 2 with 9.3 seconds the Warriors lose. Melo wins the jump ball, Charlotte gets it and Hayward falls down with the ball but apparently on the way down he calls a TO, before the walk for falling down. Draymond tied him up but didn't get the call because of the timeout. He goes nuts, get ejected. Rozier hits both FT's to tie it.

Inbounds to Rozier who hits a fadeaway 2 at the buzzer.

Curry was a pregame scratch with an illness.

I saw the replay. No way should Hayward should have gotten the timeout. He didn't have clear possession.

On a positive note, Kelly Oubre is starting to find his game with the Warriors.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the replay. No way should Hayward should have gotten the timeout. He didn't have clear possession.

I suspect they thought Hayward got fouled and that's why he fell so they didn't call the walk and gave him the timeout. honestly I was more mad they didn't call the obvious carry on Rozier prior to the game winner, if you watch the replay the whole Warrior bench jumps up making the carrying signal.

Draymond has to keep his cool though

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would love Boogie. We play at a snails pace it’s perfect for this version of him in a half court offense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect they thought Hayward got fouled and that's why he fell so they didn't call the walk and gave him the timeout. honestly I was more mad they didn't call the obvious carry on Rozier prior to the game winner, if you watch the replay the whole Warrior bench jumps up making the carrying signal.

Draymond has to keep his cool though

At best it was a tie ball or a foul, IMO.

Draymond tends to lose his temper but the referees need to make the right call too.

I don't know what the NBA calls traveling anymore.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love Boogie. We play at a snails pace it’s perfect for this version of him in a half court offense.

Suns definitely need another big man. I was hoping for a more athletic power forward but he would work. Basically Kaminsky and Saric would be the power forwards. Suns could also mix and match with Cousins as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns definitely need another big man. I was hoping for a more athletic power forward but he would work. Basically Kaminsky and Saric would be the power forwards. Suns could also mix and match with Cousins as well.

we may actually be a team buyout guys look at this year to try and make some noise in the playoffs. If we could get one more solid big for the rotation out of that group, it would be huge.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cousins may also push Ayton. I know we all hoped CP3 would but I think going against Cousins in practice and seeing him outscore Deandre in a backup role might help flip in switch in Ayton's head.

Keyword might.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we may actually be a team buyout guys look at this year to try and make some noise in the playoffs. If we could get one more solid big for the rotation out of that group, it would be huge.

This is the first time the Suns look to be in a position to make a run in the playoffs for a long time so I hope they seriously consider any opportunity they can to solidify the 4/5 position.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On the positive side the Warriors lost. They have been playing well and nobody wants to play Curry in the playoffs. Have to give Rozier credit he hit like three Bombs late in that game. The officiating well its the NBA it sucks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the positive side the Warriors lost. They have been playing well and nobody wants to play Curry in the playoffs. Have to give Rozier credit he hit like three Bombs late in that game. The officiating well its the NBA it sucks.

That one play should have been a tie ball or a foul.

Rozier is on fire. It's his fourth straight 30 point game.

Agree, no one wants to play Stephen Curry in the playoffs. Of course no one wants to play against Doncic either.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At best it was a tie ball or a foul, IMO.

Draymond tends to lose his temper but the referees need to make the right call too.

I don't know what the NBA calls traveling anymore.

To his credit Steve Kerr called out Draymond, said he "crossed the line" by doing it at that point in the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard